Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews for Coding Specialist

Coding Specialist17 reviews
United States17 reviews
Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
I have only been with the company for about 6 months, but I am very happy to work here so far. I work remote and the hours are very flexible. The pay and benefits are really good. I haven't tried to advance to another position yet so I can't really give any information about that process. The one negative that I can think of is a lack of training. We are often given a very short training session on a new process and then expected to be as efficient and fast as possible. My position as a Coder is productivity-based which is almost impossible to meet and many don't. It's doable if you stay focused on getting it done but sometimes the workload can be a bit overwhelming. Overall, it's a good company to work for and I hope to stay here for at least a few years.
Worked there for 19 years the pay benefits were excellent . I worked in many departments learning everything I could to excel in the company they allow cross training which was really goid
I loved working remote for this company. Unfortunately they were not honest about the time line of our department being reduced/laid off. We could have had another six months to look for another job but they withheld the information.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I loved working for Parallon. This is a great company to work and the management team was excellent. The workflow was mostly consistent and the hours were flexible.
Productive and fun p;ace to work.
Competitive

Enjoyed my time at Parallon and had improved my skills in

COC/E&M Coding

Enjoyed the benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K
I worked for Parallon in 3 years and while there I was bullied and belittle day in and out by management. Management would call me into the office to gossip and show me pictures from their recent dates which was completely inappropriate. If I didn’t come for their gossip sessions I was talked about. The environment was very cliquey. The work was never about the mission. At one point my manager called me into the office for review and told me “ do you know you are the lowest paid person here”. After that I knew it was time to leave. I don’t recommend this company to anyone due to negative culture, cliques and bad management. Spare yourself the mental exhaustion.
Cons
Bullied
Laid off after more than 10 years of service. What’s that tell you how this company values their employees. They preach how they care about us and the world and yet think nothing of laying off hundreds of loyal workers, some who’s worked here 15 yrs or more so they can gain more profit for having cheaper labor overseas. They did it very sneaky too, making you believe and telling you it’s just a transition into a different role, “everybody will have a new home in the company, nobody is losing their jobs” says the management , then slowly moved our entire dept of almost 300 people into different jobs and in 3 waves laid off almost everybody but a handful of people. Instead of trying to figure out where else in this large corporation we can be of use at, the director says “ your job was given to the international coders and so corporate says we have to cut the cord.” Doesn’t matter how long you worked there or your spotless record, you are shown the door when no longer needed and they don’t care you are left devastated, heartbroken and left now to worry about supporting your family as they tout making a billion dollars a month in their quarterly town meetings as I’m now stuck worried about losing my home, not being able to buy food, displacing my children, after I gave over 10 years of my life helping make this company a success. This recently affected the coding dept in all HSC’s in the company, also a lot of IT jobs were given to India as well. I’m sure other depts like billing and customer service will be next, ever since Parallon recently came aboard they’re have been multiple - more...
Pros
Pto, Insurance, Benefits if you’re lucky to keep it
Cons
Management lies, no job security
I enjoyed my responsibilities for work and the people I've met along the way.
Charging for ED - some days are light and others are heavy

Management - always there to help in any way

I learned to assess documentation much more efficiently.
Work is being sent overseas for cheaper labor. State side we must maintain CEU's and credentials but offshore does not. If you work from home for this company you will always have to worry if they are training overseas employees to take your job due to cheap labor. While managers and coworkers have been great, I would only recommend working at this facility if you work in a position that cannot be offshored.
Pros
work from home, managers and coworkers are great to get along with
Cons
sending our jobs overseas, there is not stability in work from home positions
I started working there when the company was known as HCA. When Parallon took over everything changed for the worse. Slowly we began to see our CEO, Directors and Manager leave. They were then replace by cut throat people.
Enjoyed working for HCA in the beginning. Was in the Coding Pool and got transferred to a different location and things just did not work out. Had a really great manager in the beginning.
I enjoyed working at this company because they kept you busy and they had continuing education to keep you up to date on all codes. Working from home also made it convenient to get work done.
Worked almost three years for this company and they totally exploit the worker. I worked as a remote coder (charge side). They are starting to offshore some of their coding so they are reducing their staff in the United States and have only so many slots. They raised the production level of charging accounts from 137 minimum accounts in an 8-hour shift to a minimum of 164. They put you on a performance improvement plan if you fall below but the problem is they will for example write you up for falling below production level for the period but then at the next month meeting they write you up again but it is for an account that you did before the last warning. They try to get you to resign by saying they will give a good reference but if you get fired you won't get a good reference. They should lay people off instead and be transparent and ethical about it. It is a really horrendous place to work in my opinion.
Pros
extremely flexible hours and can work from home
Cons
extremely unethical management practices
We are busy all the time. We get education as we need it. The management are wonderful people to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we are always busy.
I would get up and start work right away since I worked at home and got busy coding right away. I really didn't know much about the management, only the few I worked with. They are really hard to work for. I only emailed a few co-workers that I had known and worked with at Mountain View Hospital.
The hardest part of the job is no human interaction, and it seemed like they were always changing their expectations which can be hard since sometimes you didn't know about the changes until they had been made.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible work schedule.
Part time position
IP Coder

Reviewed CDI and DRG differences

Very educational place

Very dedicated to employee education
I enjoyed working for Parallon Business Solutions. I had received an excellent training via computer webinar. The management was always professional, courteous, and communicated very well. There really wasn't anything hard about my job. I loved my job and I would work for them in an instant.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
None that I can think of