Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews for Collection Agent

Collection Agent37 reviews
United States37 reviews
Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
The only positive would be that you get to work from home. Negatives are pay rate is really bad. They only give about .30 cent raise each year. They make changes to fee rates and policies without letting the collector know in a timely manner. Very disorganized. Management basically brushes off any concern you bring to them
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay rate. Disorganized management. Dishonesty
Official response from Parallon
September 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take these comments from our colleagues very seriously and will make sure to address your specific concerns with our team so that we can continue to improve upon this situation moving forward. We value all of our colleagues and our hope is that each of you will benefit from it.
This is the worst job I have ever had. I am currently a collections specialist and everyday I wake up I dread clocking in. I am stressed out my entire shift trying to reach an unrealistic and pointless productivity expectation. Management is a complete joke. Compensation for all the work that is expected of me is a joke. Using my personal PTO for national holidays is the biggest joke of all. I can’t speak to what goes on in other departments but avoid this one at all costs
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Literally Everything
Great company with great management and coworkers. Good work to life balance . Great flexibility to scheduling. Plenty of proper training for the job.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I don't really have anything to say. This was an income for me, I just iwsh that there could have been more advancement opportunities within the company.
Too much emphasis on production as opposed to quality as learning curve impacted production too greatly when moving from supporting one hospital to another. Problems in process were not addressed correctly with appropriate staff when presented to management. Poorly written letters by peers were sent out which would have had little or no results from the insurance carrier when appealing unpaid or underpaid claims. This was disappointing.

I learned about medical claims and the billing/collection process which was very detailed. Working with the original team on site was enjoyable as we worked well together. After transitioning to Work From Home and transferring to a different group which was managed remotely, the culture was much different and less enjoyable, too difficult a job to perform to my level of self expectation without regular staff meetings to address challenges/issues.
Parallon is a great place to work with much room for advancement. Management is great and teams are always encouraged and lifted in acknowledgement of good work.
The hours are very flexible and you can work around everyday life things that you have to do. The quartly bonuses are a plus a well. Everybody is very friendly and very helpful.
Great training however very stressful if you’re not used to answering phone call from angry people that just received their hospital bill. Overall not a terrible place to work
Many positions to chose from and there is always room for growth here. They offer Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment assistance after you graduate. Best company ever
Benefits was great you got to work from home. But the pay was horrible and Management didn't want you to take time off for doctor's appointments, dental appointments
They are very flexible if you are doing yiur job and working to meet or exceed your goals. If you give your all they will give it in return. Great opportunity to learn new skills.
Parallon was a good place to work but when they make changes learn them quick and roll with the punches. Especially in the collections department or your out of a job.
Good Company to work for
People have compassion for patients and employees.

The hours are set

Company does have culture influence

I learned about SNF with Medicare Website
The most enjoyable part of working for parallon was the actual work. the unprofessional and poor management made this a terrible and hostile work experience.
As a former employee I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! You are overworked and underpaid. You are given PTO but no paid holidays so you have to use your time to get paid in which you aren't given that much so you are in risk of getting write ups and fired. On top of that management is horrible! They don't care about you unless you making them money. The turnover rate is extremely high. More people are leaving then staying. If you can't make goal you will be fired so there is no job security. Oh and there is no Open door policy if you tell one all will know by the end of the day! If you want your Sanity and peace keep strolling and pass the apply button.
Pros
I EARNED bonuses (which could of been better)
Cons
I would be here all day trying to list them all.
Parallon bundle multiple positions in one department. Degrees not acknowledged, everyone that is hired.No work life balance, I worked over 80 hrs ot.
Benefits
Cons
No time off
I loved being employed with Parallon. There is a goal to meet along with production and quality, but the managers give employees every benefit of the doubt when a goal is not met. I did not want to leave this company, to me it was not a job, it was a family.
I found the company to not be trust worthy as far as what was offered upon hiring. the company will start other departments when done let you go instead of back to your previous job. no raises as promised.
great bonuses. given a great opportunity to make a lot of money if you are focused and hungry for more. room from growth in the company and salary pays pretty decent as well
Great company to work for im just looking for part time evening job to keep busy and i love working and making extra money, Parallon is wonderful company