Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews for Patient Access Manager

Patient Access Manager18 reviews
United States18 reviews
Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
It's a corporate job...so too many chiefs calling the shots...about jobs they've never done. It's all about the bottom line...so you will work short and make it work because it saves them money. If a location needs 15 people to do the job...they will say here's 10...make it work. The company's mission is all about putting the patient first...but if you keep the staff running ragged...the patient can't come first...because there are 10 other patients waiting and they will tell you your wait times are too long. I have tried to make a difference, but I am beating my head up against a brick wall most of the time.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Not enough help to do the job right, managers are stressed, therefore employees are stressed.
Good company. Great staff. Precautions are taken serious when sick patients are in the facility. Very clean and organized. Easy to handle and move patients around in a timely manner.
Parallon has a lot of room for improvement. I believe they want to move forward with the culture in patient access departments but it will take commitment from the company.
Pros
Job security, good health benefits
Cons
Low pay for management positions, culture issues, lack of work life balance, very political
Parallon offers the same benefits as HCA and benefits start after 90 days. 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, student loan re-payment assistance, financial planning, and many other great benefits. Because it's a large company there are opportunities for advancement and opportunities to explore different settings if you are unsure what setting is right for you; primary or specialty clinic, hospitals, patient services or revenue cycle.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, large company and easy to move around and try new areas within the company.
Cons
The usual corporation, metrics driven.
Lack of leadership, training and work-life balance. Worked 10-18 hour days constantly. I learned a lot from the experience. The benefits offered are good. The HR team was helpful and unbiased.
Pros
Pto, HR was great, benefits
Cons
too many hours, poor management
Focus on revenue cycle, call center environment in many roles, productivity driven, flexible schedules, team environment. Good benefits. Advancement opportunities are plentiful. Transfer opportunities nationwide are available.
Benefits
Cons
Call Center Enviroment
Very productive and fast paced atmosphere.
Easy to comprehend.

The team work is in place.

Learn something every day.

Get to learn different techniques to progress in the job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lunch relief
The job is pretty decent it could have better pay though. It can be stressful at times. Management is okay but not very good at communicating with their employees
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Bad management
Parallon is a great place to work. They really do take pride in all they do and also do all they can to include the opinions of employees. The only bad thing is, their wages are not competitive with the other hospitals in the Salt Lake Valley.
Management needs some work they are not concerned with their employees you are just a number. This is not all departments access representative department. Management needs some work on understanding the job it self and the responsibilities held by each employee and title.
Pros
coworkers help each other there is team work
Cons
some are not team players
very competitive and friendly place to work. Pleasant learning atmosphere. People willing to give working families a chance and willing to teach for improvement.
Pros
teachable
Cons
left town
Parallon came and had taken all of us Mercy employees in like family. They were a fantastic company to work for and were great at keeping moral up in the company!
Parallon is dedicated to helping hospitals and health systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
I enjoy every day at work, the benefits are fantastic! I've learned a lot from this company and had a great number of free online classes to develop myself.
Busy, fast paced emergency room. Some of the nurses were great, some, not so much. The doctors were always awesome and the Nurse Practitioners were nice. Management was problem. There was no guidance, no rotating shift, and no boundaries that were kept between management and staff.
Great thing about working for this company is I was able to work by myself at times, and even with others. Furthermore, I was even able to have the weekdays off and have a choice of working 3 days/nights on and 4 days off. Which in my opinion is great because if you had to take care of personal matters during the week you could without having to adjust the schedule. The only downfall to working for this department was NOT enough on-site training, the in-class training really doesn't help much on the field when real life situations would happen. Once you left the training classroom and were sent out to the field to work inside the actual admissions departments for the various locations or your permenant location, you were just told to do what you were shown inside the classroom. Hence, my statement about NOT enough on-site training. Other than that, working for this company gave me a great appreciation for how hard ER Nurses work. Inspired me to return back to school, for my nursing degree.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Training
A typical day at work is making sure the reports were ready to be done in a timely fashion. I learned Management Skills while being a Team Leader. Management saw the potential that I can bring to the table and I for one am very greatful to have given the opportunity to be the Team Leader for the time of my employment. My co worker were FANTASTIC.

The most enjoyable time of my job at Brandon was meeting the goal for the financial report.

The hardest part of my job was saying good bye to a great awesome group of people that I met and will forever be greatful to have met and worked with them.
Pros
Learing Management Skills and Leadership classes
Cons
Not having a FSA with my insurance and also moving back to California so I had to resign.
Productive and performance driven employer that prides itself in providing the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Technology driven employer to ensure its employees have the tools and programs to be effective in their roles and competitive within the marketplace.
Was able to test new programs, systems, etc. directly with personnel to trouble shoot issues and ensure systems successful implementation within the division.

Pros
Autonomy to perform job duties.