Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews for Registrar

Registrar41 reviews
United States41 reviews
Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
Honestly the hospital was okay to work at. People we awesome. Management sucks. Especially your Supervisor. Had problems with trying to get our incentive pay paid out months after the fact. Would not recommend unless you needed hospital/medical expirence to move into a better job.
Pros
Coworkers are great. Always meeting new people
Cons
Management sucks
Official response from Parallon
September 18, 2020
We take your concerns very seriously. We appreciate you to sharing your feedback with us, and we're happy to hear you've enjoyed working with your colleagues at Parallon. We are very sorry about your experience with management. Support from management is a crucial piece to a successful work environment, and we will share your feedback with our team so that we can make every effort to make sure we can improve upon this moving forward.
Parallon offers a nice work environment, great benefits, management is fair, team work attitude and high importance in patient care and experience. Good company.
Pros
Schedule opportunity
Cons
Timely communication
The best part of this company is the benefits. The Executive team is so out of touch with how things work in the facilities and they continue to make decisions based on old information and outdated management principles. The pay is reasonable if you were just doing your job, but they will usually have you doing the work of three people. The lack of communication and negative behavior amongst the staff contribute to an environment where favoritism and bullying are allowed to exist. There is no transparency and you never know what is going on within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Communication and Company Culture
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not much on the floor training. Employees with bad work habits train new employees with bad habits. Manage to doesn’t respond to requests for info or assistance.
Worst group of managers I have ever worked for. Run department as if still in high school. Will make up lies to get you fired. You are never allowed to defend yourself and there is no one above local management that you can call because they are all friends.
I worked for two years. They treated me and my coworkers like dogs. Always understaffed because once people got hired they realized how they was being treated and quit. The management would never work with you on anything if you asked for help. Would work 7 straight 12s and finally to have a night off they would try to call you in because they didn't care. I have nothing good to say about this place.
I lasted 7 months in a PRN position. Coworkers are great. Manager of the dept was great no issue with the supervisor. But its lacking in professionalism with certain team leads. Nothing ever gets done or said. Too many people trained differently. Not enough staffing on shifts between certain hours. Expectations of covering even more hours than what one can cover too high management gets mad if you don't cover threatens to assign more shifts anyway. HIGH turnover. HIGH stress.
I have been working for parallon 5 years and new hires make dollars more then those who put in time, effort and dedication. They refuse to give raises
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Money hungry, Poor pay, refuse to help veteran employees, poor home/job support
Parallon has been good to me so far. I have been there for less than a year an don't have any gripes. Management is ok could be better and I don't really agree with some of corporates policies. Work-life balance is good and so are the benefits. There aren't a lot of places to grow within Patient Access but I can say that I have learned a lot being at this job.
I believe that things happen for a reason. I interviewed on 7/10/19 and was offered a position on 7/12/19, this tells you how qualified I am to perform work duties demanded by this company. My initial start date was going to be 8/4/19, but due to pending back ground and UDS it was pushed to 8/19/19. I found out today 8/8/19 that they declined my position due to a RX showing on my UDS. An Rx that I take maybe 3-4 times a year for migraines when my alternative Rx does not work. I provided all required documentation in a timely manner and corresponded with the recruiter to ask and inform myself on a daily basis of what I needed to do to correct this. They DECLINED a letter from my provider/prescriber and they also seem to have DECLINED the records showing my prescription documentation. The companies VP had the courage to tell me today that I have failed to provide info. in a timely manner, this is why my offer is off the table. Thank God for emails. Being dishonest is not my cup of tea, but also being labeled as lazy and drug user is also not me. My experience with this company even prior to walking to my first day of work has been nothing but stressful. The recruiter never communicates in a timely manner, yet set certain date/time cut offs for you. This experience has showed me that God is just removing me from somewhere where I should NOT be. I have declined three other job offers and resigned at mine as of 8/9/19. This company has emotionally and physically caused stress in my personal life even without me actually working for them . Do no waste your time with a company that - more...
Pros
A job
Cons
lack of work ethic
Please avoid working for this organization at all costs. It is a awful place to work due to no work life/balance, no breaks, short staffed, and management. Just the culture alone is toxic!!! There needs to be change to the whole organization starting with corporate and ending with the managers. I personally will never work there again due to the managers that are still there.
Metrics for ER collection are unrealistic, employees are pressured to meet the demands or get reprimanded. Once you have a write up, you can not advance or transfer to another location for 6 months. In the first 30 days of me working at this location 8 people resigned/walked out. The remaining team members make it very clear that they are over the demands of the job so their not very helpful and report everything you do to management. Due to being so short staffed, they rush your training & still hold you accountable for all your errors. I reported to my second day of onsite training thinking I would be spending the day with my trainer but was told it was “sink or swim day”. Management doesn’t help control the gossip among coworkers, if anything she makes it worse. If you need a job ASAP and a position is offered, take it roll with the punches but start planing your next move. This is not a forever job.
Direct manager was a jewel. Gave me my space and trusted that I would do what was required. Holiday pay is not holiday pay. You’re forced to use your pto, the time you earned for personal time off. However, if you have already worked 32 hours, the additional 8 hours pto/vacation to total 40 is NOT allowed. The pay for ALL that is expected of your job is very stressful and draining. Would not only recommend if you have serious financial responsibilities. Monday thru Friday is quite enjoyable, but you may need a second job.
Pros
An excellent manager and off weekends and holidays
Cons
Pay takes the joy out of having weekends off, because you’ll definitely need a second job.
A fast pace work environment that required attention to detail and confidentiality. Patient satisfaction above all else it the highest priority for this facility.
management is very poor, the hours are up and down, there is no set schedule and you could be hired for one schedule but they can change it at any given time leaving you stuck unless you find another job.
Never enough staff, pay is low, rules not enforced or enforced unevenly, nobody really cares about the job from top to bottom. Come work for Parallon with a good attitude and it will grind you down within months.
Pros
Decent (though not great) benefits
Cons
Staffing, pay, staffing, dishonest management, staffing, negative culture, staffing, and working for a soul sucking contractor for a soul sucking corporation (HCA)
I love working for this company and have been here for over 19 years. You have the opportunity to work full time but also be with your family when needed. I work Monday-Friday and take on call.
I Will never work for rthis company again, they don’t care about loyalty. They would rather believe lies told . I don’t have time for that and I’m glad God removed me from such hateful people.
Pros
I love some people I worked with
Cons
Horrible company to work for never again
I’m so stressed and treated unfairly it’s not even funny we stay under staffed cuz everyone wants to quit or already has, management is the problem I tryed to transfer but they refuse the accept it they spread lies and are rude they care more about covering a shift then your own health it’s redicilous
Cons
Avoid if you can, di it if you must. Always short staffed. Must use pto for holidays off. Hours got cut from 40 to 32 for all employees. Terrible management communication.