Play YouTube video button

Parallon Culture reviews

Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Great room for Advancement
St. Davids Virtual Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
Productive and Competitive Plae to Work
COC/E&M Coder (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 19, 2019
Productive and fun p;ace to work.
Competitive
Enjoyed my time at Parallon and had improved my skills in
COC/E&M Coding
Enjoyed the benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K
Management, cliques, inappropriateness
Coder (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 18, 2019
I worked for Parallon in 3 years and while there I was bullied and belittle day in and out by management. Management would call me into the office to gossip and show me pictures from their recent dates which was completely inappropriate. If I didn’t come for their gossip sessions I was talked about. The environment was very cliquey. The work was never about the mission. At one point my manager called me into the office for review and told me “ do you know you are the lowest paid person here”. After that I knew it was time to leave. I don’t recommend this company to anyone due to negative culture, cliques and bad management. Spare yourself the mental exhaustion.
Cons
Bullied
great place
E/M Charger 2/ Outpatient Coding Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2019
Great company to work for. Able to work from home and loved the flexibility that comes with that. Management was wonderful and I cant say enough......
Not what it seems
Appeals Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2019
Parallon does a great job of stressing the importance of adhering to the culture and values of Parallon, however, you do not receive the same in response. Parallon ignores is own values and integrity when it comes to upper management. Everyone is out for themselve. I was terminated for not following a policy that does not exist. No one could provide me with the policy nor could they provide the review board with the policy. You give so much to a company and have to change your entire life around a company only but its not appreciated. Parallon makes sudden decisions that affect employees jobs but if you dont adhere you're out. I went from zero travel to 100% travel overnight. This affected my personal life majorly but I needed my job. I would never again work for a company that lies to it's employees, that's not supportive, and that does not respect it's own values and beliefs. This company definitely failed me. MOST departments are like a revolving door with a very HIGH turnover.
Pros
Working from Home
Very comfortable friendly atmosphere
Medicare Part B Biller (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 1, 2019
Parallon is great place to work. There were 2 jobs i enjoyed in my adult life. This place was one one of them. You have hourly goals to meet. Fantastic training group that is there to guide you from Traditional then moving to different departments in classroom environment.
Pros
Employee activities. Great benefits. Great managers. Great people. Mojo Mondays!
Cons
You have so many claims per hour that has to be met. Good luck.
Great place to feel valued
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2019
Parallon has a great set of core values and adheres to them strictly. It can be hectic, but with the right atmosphere and guidance, one can succeed on any given day.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Certain policies
Chronically short staffed, "don't care" culture
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2019
Never enough staff, pay is low, rules not enforced or enforced unevenly, nobody really cares about the job from top to bottom. Come work for Parallon with a good attitude and it will grind you down within months.
Pros
Decent (though not great) benefits
Cons
Staffing, pay, staffing, dishonest management, staffing, negative culture, staffing, and working for a soul sucking contractor for a soul sucking corporation (HCA)
Great place of employment
HIM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 7, 2018
Typical 9-5
Learned all aspects of Medical records and release of information.
Management is very approachable.
Staff is very friendly and focused on patients.
Hardest part of the job was getting physicians to do what the need to do.
Most enjoyable part of the job was forming those relationships with the physicians.
Pros
Hospital staff is top notch
Cons
Need better healthcare options
Company
Patient Registar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2018
Great company to work for, has great benefits. They have a bunch of different sites where you can work at. Great discounts on employee website. Not easy to transfer to another location.
Cut Throat
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Parallon is a division of HCA. The culture in 2017 was the same as early 1990's. Numbers drive the business and people do not matter. No ethics with management.
Good
Optical Scanning/Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2018
Good Management

Healthcare related

Coworkers are team players

I have learned a lot from this company especially this is a healthcare company which we learn about HIPPA and all.
Great Place to Learn Process and Procedures
Director of Billing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2018
An excellent place to learn about building process and procedures. The work is stressful and the job is consuming, but you learn allot. Nice Training Programs.
Pros
The amount of knowlage that is avaliable
Cons
Competitive Pressure
Not great
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2018
Worked here for about a year and did not enjoy the job management was not great. I didnt get the help or support that i needed to be successful at this company
Flexibility
Critical Care float RN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
great for individuals requiring flexible work schedule
competitive pay
no holiday/weekend requirements
day/night shifts available
multiple facilities
Potential to be better
Overpayment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2018
When I first began 3 years ago, this was a wonderful environment. Since then it has declined so much. The O board is more concerned with numbers than the actual quality of work. They do not address issues that have been brought to them, and there is obvious favoritism on every level. The culture is not beneficial, especially for millennials and I would not recommend this for anyone that wants a career they are happy about.
Pros
Flex Scheduling
Cons
the PTO accrued includes holiday pay, sick time and vacation time
Love this company
Document Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 2, 2018
cares about the employees, fun activities all the time, goes above and beyond to create a fun work environment. Management is amazing, always present and fun.
Great company to work for.
Quality Assurance/Floater/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 27, 2018
Competitive and fast paced work environment with the opportunity to hone skills and be compensated for work completed. Rigid work schedules and attendance policies. Great benefits and opportunities to cross train into other fields.
Pros
compensation for work completed.
Cons
minimal breaks during 8hr shift
Great atmosphere definitely great start for students
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  LoxahatcheeMarch 9, 2018
its a great place to work the day is always filled of tasks to complete. People overall are friendly and get along. Hardest part of job is having to beat the finish time and unloading the totes.
Pros
Days off in week
Cons
Work weekends
Wonderful company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2018
HCA is great company to work for.My director and manger are the best.I have had the best coworker that work together as a team. My team leads are the best. Over all my dept in Richmond are the best group employees an employer can ask for.
High stress with low compensation
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of being hounded by private messages to get back in the queue to answer calls and to speed up talk time to meet 3.5 minute goal per call. This goal was the most difficult part of the job as you could not control how long a person kept you on the line. Most team leads were very helpful and would handle issues quickly and efficiently. The culture was pretty laid back. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with.
Pros
Monthly drawings for perks, opportunity for overtime
Cons
No breaks, low compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parallon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight