Parametric Employee Reviews

Avoid the operations department
Corporate Actions, Portfolio Accounting (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2018
I worked there a few years ago so maybe the environment has changed since I was there. But when I was there, the operations department was toxic. Underfunded and poorly managed, the operations department had almost 100% turnover in two years. Most left to make 10k more doing similar work for their competitors. It's a good first job out of college but not somewhere to build a career.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Pay, benefits, work life balance, management
They do have a ping pong table
Automation Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2018
Parametric was a great place to work. I remember that they worked hard and knew how to maintain a pleasant office environment. I contributed to important projects, and never felt like my efforts were wasted or unappreciated.
Nepotistic Enviornment
Client Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
During the hiring process, they emphasize that your success is based on performance and then when you're hired, it's anything but that. You have to pander to incompetent managers to get ahead. Trying to move to other departments is near impossible if you're good at your job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job was fast paced and needed to be on top of everything
Supervisor Corporate Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 11, 2017
Supervised 4 full time and 1 part time employee. Kept directories updated for all employees. I found the culture of the company very strained at times.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Working with difficult employees
productive
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
 Investigated details for corporate action events, through Bloomberg and other resources, and posted the events to the accounting system ensuring a high level of accuracy and timely completion.
 Communicated portfolio manager’s elections with various custodians, meeting the competing corporate action deadlines.
 Monitored custodian websites to communicate upcoming corporate actions with portfolio managers, ensuring accuracy in supporting the operations team in preparation for the proceedings within the firm.
 Handled operational and administrative tasks related to client portfolios; kept and maintained client records, and reviewed holding reconciliation.
 Worked with the trading department providing research support and record keeping; posted daily trades to client accounts, prepared and communicated daily reports with the custodians.
 Ensured the accuracy of the equity price data held by Parametric through creating, verified and maintained the price file on a daily basis.