Parametrix, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great working environment with great benefits and atmosphere
Senior Graphic/Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 9, 2018
I have a fulfilling position, that recognizes my work and provides opportunities for growth! The ESOP and company culture are why I chose to work here.
Overall great place to work!
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 9, 2018
I was lucky to find this company right out of college! There is a great culture and atmosphere here - I have a very supportive team and feel there is tons of room for growth and advancement. Parametrix pays for training so I have been able to grow my skills working here. I get to work on a variety of tasks and projects as well as travel occasionally. I highly recommend Parametrix!
Pros
Great benefits, pay, ESOP account
Cons
none!
Very Very Poor Management
IT - Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 31, 2017
People there were outstanding, management was the worst I have ever been associated with, they lose more great employees due to this fact. There is a "good ole boys" mentality there that applies in a way that means if you are friends with upper management/ownership, regardless of how poor your decisions are or your actions may be ... you are a "golden child".
Pros
Great fellow employeees, if management was equal would be best place ever
Cons
Managment, mangment managment ..... cant stress this enough!
Loved my time there
CIVIL TRANSPORTATION DESIGNER I, II (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 21, 2017
Work hard play hard was kind of the motto at the office was in, it was great to work together to complete projects then turn around and ski with the same guys once and a while.
Great Work Space
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 10, 2017
It was a fun environment, employee owned, and you truly feel valued as an employee. There are always fun events occurring in the office, and they focus on collaboration across offices, divisions, and skillsets.
A good starter company, that no longer exists
Field Service Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 5, 2017
This company gave me an opportunity to become an electronics engineer and allowed me to work full time while paying for my electronics school education.
Going Down Hill
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Puyallup WAJune 21, 2015
I have been there for 10 years and I can honestly say the moral of the company is going down quickly. Management it a few of the divisions is horrific.
Pros
I do not have any pros to add
Cons
Management is horrible
Great People to work with
Marketing Coordinator/Word Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The job was interesting and challenging.
Employee owned
Office Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 8, 2013
Management is challenged by collective bargaining of employees
Enjoy going to work daily not knowing what is going to happen and being able to overcome these hurdles.
Construction Technician III (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMarch 29, 2013
As part of my job going through the daily routine, I descovered two men in civilian clothes that were not part of the crew and so I notified bridge operations, within minutes we had these guys dealing with the State Patrol. I was called in by the bridge manager and he told me what Washington National Security said, outstanding job keeping our subs in safe hands and properly handling the situation professonaly. The most enjoyment I receive daily is the people working with me. Team safety, spirit and team work we did together very well.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
dealing with the guys who didn't care.
Not a Good Environment to Work in
Desktop Publishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2013
The co-workers were great to work with, but management is a different story. They are not logical thinkers and don't take into consideration the good of the company as well as the employee-owner.
Pros
good location
Cons
not employee orientied
Excelent people, upper management does a poor job
Construction Manager III (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 19, 2012
Great potential as a company, and hopefully someday soon the upper management will figure things out or be replaced.
not always what it appears to be
Cadd III Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 22, 2012
people are great and the sork they do but management well manipulate you.
Best place I've ever worked
Transportation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 21, 2012
I love everything about my day to day job. The people are awesome, and office environment is very laid back and fun. The projects are great, and there is tons of professional support and encouragement to go and do whatever your little heart desires. The only iffy thing, from my perspective is the corporate feel that seems to be seeping in. The company is trying to grow and that might be part of it, but I hope they don't stifle the current culture in their efforts.
Pros
awesome people, lots of lunches and happy hours, working on world class projects
Cons
corporate office beginning to assert itself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parametrix, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight