Paramount Residential Mortgage Group Employee Reviews

Poor management
Remote FHA/Conventional Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 28, 2019
1. Was reporting to two people who had no operations experience including underwriting, processing, closing, quality control, compliance, etc

2. Sales focused management who provides no support for operations

3. Human Resources oblivious on what is happening, always blames the employees when they need to take a second look at management. Hiring managers who have no experience being in the positions they are hired for ex: friends hiring friends

4. Management who have no concept of underwriting ex: investor requires more information, doesn't mean the underwriter did anything wrong, the investor just wants more information to support what is already in the file. Every investor is different

5. Constantly having to respond to long condescending emails causing distractions from an underwriting standpoint making you feel incompetent
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Poor management
April 30, 2019

Dear “Former Employee”

I’d like to start off by saying thank you for the feedback, however, I am finding this post really difficult to believe because we have not had an Underwriter in California leave us for over a year. I’ll let the rest of our posts speak for themselves. In the event that this post is real and you would like to actually communicate your concerns please reach out to me directly.

Daniel Lewis
Director of Human Resources
hr@prmg.net

Love working there
Assistant to LO/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 22, 2019
Great place to work management was awesome and I learned a lot. Reviewed client financials prepared fast track CD and also ran DU for client. I assisted in the processing department for loan clearance. My day wasn't typical because it changed but I loved it.
Pros
Free Lunch, Insurance, Great Tem
Cons
pay was low
April 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel your pay was too low. We do wish you much success wherever your career has taken you.

Great place to work. Helpful Friendly Caring
Branch Sales Deverlopment Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 15, 2019
Team work - Caring. Management has been where you are. They make you feel as your roll is just as important as theirs. Orientation is key to getting off to a great start. The business addresses so may industries yet makes every effort to keep all parties informed and current with the process and attempts to forecast where they are headed.

Dear Branch Sales Manager,

Thank you for the review, we value your feedback.

PRMG great place for an LO to work
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 13, 2019
Manager was very hands on and approachable
Pricing was very fair to client and LO.
processing was done in house and excellent.
Weekly meetings with guest speakers, title companies, alternate lenders and processing tips were some of the issues addressed at these meetings.
Pros
great pricing good support.
April 22, 2019

Mortgage Loan Originator - Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

No review
Mortgage Loan Originator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 1, 2019
I don't have anything to say about this company. The reason I left was my direct LO and had nothing to do with the company. I was only there for 6 months.
April 22, 2019

Mortgage Loan Originator - We are sorry for your experience, if you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to hr@prmg.net.

Mortgage industry
Runner (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 20, 2019
very fast paced everything is a now , great co-workers, happy environment, clean building, HR answers all your questions, very understanding of your personal life .
March 28, 2019

Thank you, Runner, for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Amazing company
Sales Manager / Production (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 28, 2019
I worked as a Sales Manager up in Hesperia. I chose to go back to processing which at the time they had no positions form. The owners are awesome and this company always recognizes it employees.
March 4, 2019

Thank you Sales Manager. We value and appreciate your feedback.

My department was excellent, but overall company management was poor
Correspondent Opener and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 19, 2019
The Correspondent department at the company was a joy to work for. The staff of the entire department was friendly, collaborative, and helpful in any way imaginable.
The primary fault at the company lies in the senior management. The CEO was known to hold personal grudges, and in more than one instance laid off hard working employees on the basis of nothing more than being a friend or relative of a former employee he held a grudge against. Fair raises were also very few and far between. Most of the staff I knew personally, including myself, were severely underpaid.
March 7, 2019

Dear Anonymous Former Employee,

PRMG hopes that you have bounced back since being Laid Off. Please note that all layoffs are handled in HR, our CEO would not handle a layoff. Hard workers are difficult to find and in the event, we have to lay some of ours off it would not be a decision PRMG would not take lightly. I am sure you feel this way for a reason, however, PRMG would not be ranked one of the best companies (regardless of industry) to work for on Glassdoor if it weren’t true. Again PRMG hopes that you have found a new company to call home.

Sincerely,

Daniel Lewis

Director of Human Resources

Prmg
MLO (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Management is very misguided and they have nothing more than 95% of the other mortgage companies have. If you are looking for a good mortgage company to settle in with, keep looking.
February 27, 2019

Dear Former MLO,

We respectfully disagree with you, but do wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

A ton of Opportunity, need a large sales floor
Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 1, 2019
I was hired as a Reverse Mortgage LO, I came from the "forward mtg" side of business. The Head of the Reverse Mortgage Division is young, and one of the most talented, hard working, man of integrity I've worked for in 20 years in the lending business. I had to leave PRMG due to personal reasons, and it haunts me. PRMG will become Leader in the Reverse Industry with the individual they have building and running it. I don't think I've met the individual who wrote the comment below about management in this Division, because everyone here loves the guy, and after spending 2 months with him, can tell you that the claims below are a false and misleading representation of a truly remarkable guy. I hope that review doesn't negatively impact someones decision to work here, you would be missing out if you feed into the terrible and false info below.
Keep up the good work **e*, you inspired me in a short time knowing you, keep being a strong leader, and I am sorry for the review below, you don't deserve that.

Tip to owners: give this Division a real sales floor to operate in, the current setup was not only hindering production and near impossible to hear the person on the other end of the phone, but it will scare any seasoned MLO away. You guys have a strong talent leading it, great technology and support, to ruin the experience by not moving this team to an real sales floor would be a complete shame.
Pros
Inspirational and Strong Leadership in Reverse Division
Cons
The Sales Room setup was bad, it will scare good LO's away.
February 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in PRMG Reverse Mortgage Division and with the Manager. We are sorry that you had to leave us, but we hope it all works out for you. We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration.

Productive hi energy culture
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work. The culture is a high level performance with much talent within our company, open door policy.
Technology is state of the art and available training around the clock.

Most enjoyable part is the sense of being part of this great family, I make my own hours, PRMG is full of resources and I place where work is what we breathe eat sleep and it doesn't get boring. Take the time off when you need, and the full office back up is there for you.
Pros
Family Culture
Cons
Mandatory meeting and I am out of town. :(
January 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your feedback.

Great compay for loan officers
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2019
This company offers products and programs to meet most any home buyers needs. Generous commission structure and wonderful management. Dedicated team atmosphere. Outstanding marketing department and products.
Pros
Great Company, Great Commission agreement.
Cons
Does not provide leads.
January 31, 2019

Dear LO - Thank you for the sharing, we appreciate your feedback.

good company
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 13, 2018
PRMG is a great company to work for, they seem to really care for their employees. Upper management is available to talk to you and address your needs.
January 2, 2019

Thank you Underwriter for taking the time your feedback with our Indeed audience.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 6, 2018
Retail Lender with able loan products to meet all my clients needs. Company offers 2 Hub locations in California and Florida offering the ability to service clients most times of the day.
January 2, 2019

Thank you BM for sharing your feedback with our Indeed audience.

Great company, work life varies by location
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaDecember 3, 2018
Great company; work life varies by location. Their HR, Admin and IT team are quick and efficient.. It seemed the company wanted me to be informed. I recommend if you are new to the industry as a MLO, work an office to get hands on training.
Pros
great culture, support and opportunity
Cons
I wasn't there long enough to answer this.
January 2, 2019

Thank you MLO for your feedback. We wish the best in your future endeavors.

Terrible Company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 1, 2018
The reverse mortgage department at Corporate is the WORST in the industry. Don’t waste your time! They make a ton of promises for the staff but the actual closings they end up with is lackluster versus other companies in this industry. Manager has no clue how to run anything but will always hype up how great he is. He has an extensive history of drug abuse and philandering with staff. Empty promises and no direction. Upper management can’t handle the truth.
December 19, 2018

Dear Manager,

Our reverse mortgage channel is growing out of the infancy stages with the infrastructure now set. This has been a slower development but rightfully so to make sure all necessary parts are completed and personnel are placed correctly for a successful division under the PRMG umbrella. Sr. Management is 100% committed, supportive and transparent with our employees and more so specifically to this division.

Best Regards,
Michael Gaxiola
National Business Development

Was not too buay.
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 26, 2018
Processed first mortgage loans. I learned how to open a loan and start the process from the beginning. At my previous job we did not do that. Management was good. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was not being busy enough through out the day. Most enjoyable job was everyone was nice.
Pros
Good professional Company
Cons
Work was slow
October 30, 2018

Processor - Thank you for your review. We value your feedback.

Disappointed
Closer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2018
I was very happy with PRMG, until my unfortunate surprise departure. I feel that I should have been given a warning that my job was in jeopardy. The way it was handled was very unprofessional.
Cons
Lack of personal one on one job review.
October 30, 2018

Dear Closer - We appreciate your feedback. We do apologize that you didn't agree with the way your departure was handled. If you would like to discuss this further. Please feel free to reach out to the HR dept.

Great Company
Lead Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2018
Overall PRMG was great company to work for. They really did have an awesome operational team that helped grow their sales culture. They offered training both on webinar's and one-on-one with the team leads. It was very refreshing to have such a supportive company.
October 30, 2018

Thank you Processor, we appreciate you sharing your experience.

Great people
Business Development/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Mitchell, KYOctober 9, 2018
At my location no room for advancement without obtaining my mortgage broker's license for OH, KY & IN. Management changed and many employees quit or were fired. I didn't feel secure with the new management which is why I found employment elsewhere.
October 30, 2018

Dear BDM - We do apologize that you didn't feel secure in your employment here and suggest if you consider returning to PRMG, please feel free to discuss your concerns with the Regional Manager in that area or reach out to Chris Sorensen. We do wish you much success in your career no matter who you choose to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paramount Residential Mortgage Group. Our community is ready to answer.