Pardee Hospital Employee Reviews

This place sucks for nursing staff
Nurse Aide II/ Unit Clerk/ Video Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 6, 2018
This facility does not look out for their nursing staff at all. Staff is over worked and unappreciated especially the CNAs. This facility is not above giving one CNA a whole floor of patients which is 32 or more and they do not require the nurses to help out. The work load is unreasonable and inhumane. If you apply to work here don't apply to work on PCU or MSO.
Horrible place. Understaffed and terroble management.
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 27, 2018
This might be a good place to work if there were more employees who actually did anything productive and fewer managers. In the 10 years I was there, more clipboard-carrying managers walked around everyday. And after UNC took over, it seemed like they were creating another Vice President position every week. The hospitalist group director is a joke. Lazy, vinditive, and out of touch. Much bad patient care gets swept under the rug.
Pros
Some emloyees acrually care
Cons
Dangerously understaffed, concerned more about statistics and rankngs
Stressful Environment
Senior Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 17, 2018
I enjoy the work I do and feel accomplished with the work produced, however, there is an extreme amount of stress and pressure along with very long hours every day consistently.
Pros
Good health coverage
Cons
No holiday pay unless you use your PTO to cover.
Great place to work!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 11, 2018
Missing out on a great place to work if not already on staff. Love the people and coworkers. Never hate going to work and love the environment. Great benefits
Dynamic Environment
Professional (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 18, 2018
Pardee is a constantly changing working environment. Management is UNCH. The hospital is owned by Henderson County. The staff are hard working and love their patients. There is no advancement in certain areas.
good management and positive culture
ED Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 3, 2018
I like this job. But I need to be paid appropriately for the work that I do. If they would raise wages that would be great. Most of the employees are really great people too.
A good place to work where people treat eachother respectfully and patients are treated with dignity
Women and Children's Center RN (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I currently work on the Women and Children's Unit. Management and teamwork is better than any place I've ever worked. Patient care is individualized and respectful.
Poor Place to Work
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
ER - Poor staff leadership management and organzational skills. Lack of compassion for nursing staff members. Risk for compliance violations in regards to employee's reporting of false information to HR.
Staff RN PATHS program (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCDecember 22, 2017
typical day of work is tolerable, I learned a lot, management is the best, its a small hospital in a growing community, the jobs not hard, the coworkers are the best pat of the job.
Don't like UNC
Receptionist Patient Check (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 18, 2017
Management needs improving along with some Dr.'s attitudes.
Hours were not the greatest. Patient's gave blame to others while Dr.'s should have stepped to help there staff.
Pros
Cons
No team work

Want to know more about Pardee Hospital?

Ask a question
Hours are horrible
Customer Service Representative, Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 10, 2017
Hours are 8-9 and it makes it very hard to get things done, management does not treat employees fairly and play favorites. It was a good job at first but then got worse.
Slower pace, more personal work environment
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 26, 2017
Overall the laboratory at Pardee has a great quality culture, and good people to work with. Higher management does not foster a good relationship with the laboratory though. The wages are not competitive, and the healthcare insurance has deteriorated substantially since I began working here.
Excellent place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of working at this hospital. The staff was
great and the supervisor and manager were fair and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was being the charge therapist.
I learned a lot from working at this hospital, including from the
physicians I worked with.
Pros
Relaxed, helpful atmosphere
Cons
Busy in winter
great hospital to work for
Certified Respiratory Technician / RCP (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
I worked at Pardee for 16 years in multiple capacities. All of my bosses were fair and seemed to care about your welfare. The pros for me were a great cafeteria with good food. Also, the bonds of friendship that were formed from working so closely together with your team made the job less stressful. The only con was the increase of computer use to do your job, and less time for patient care because of this. I know that's the "way of the future", but I truly believe the customer suffers.
Pros
food and friendships
Cons
computers
Wonderful Hospital
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2017
Margaret R Pardee is a fantastic hospital, filled with competent and caring staff. As a staff nurse, there is adequate staffing and supplies. Management is supportive, for the most part.
Excellent workplace and organization.
quality care, management (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 16, 2017
This is a level one trauma center which was the start of my emergency nursing career. I was the charge nurse for several years before moving to Asheville, N.C.
Love the hospital!
PA (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 12, 2017
Great community hospital with caring providers and wonderful support staff for us. Busy at times, but great work/life balance. Glad to be there! Lots of smiles, laughter make the work day a lot easier
Productive and Fun
RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 6, 2017
great place to start and learn. Need to be more proactive in new innovations. Everybody is smiling and greeting everyone! Love the free meal at night, It means a lot!
i choose not to complete
RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I am choosing not to complete this, Indeed does not give me a way to get out of reviewing previous employers. I don't feel like whining today..........
Fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment
Psychiatric Emergency Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I have worked at Pardee for 9.5 years and have mostly enjoyed my time there. The past year has been more stressful there than in years past. It seems to be a punitive environment which does not help alleviate stress.
Pros
Discounts on cell service and at cafeteria
Cons
Punitive environment. Doesnt feel like they lisyten to employee suggestions on improvement