Pardee Hospital Employee Reviews

Pardee Hospital
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMay 17, 2018
In addition to a caring and team-oriented environment, Pardee Hospital offers many outstanding benefits for full-time and part-time team members such as:
•Competitive salary
•Comprehensive coverage in health and dental plans
•Paid time off (PTO)
•Generous retirement plan with company base and match
•Tuition reimbursement
•Pardee perks plan offering local discounts
•Paid group term life insurance
•Wellness gym and programs
•Flexible spending accounts
•Discounted cafeteria use
•Voluntary benefits, including vision, short-term disability, whole life and more
•Team member pharmacy for your convenience
•Local government federal credit union membership
•Service award program
•Much, much more!
loved the job, not the pay
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 27, 2018
I loved this job. I met a lot of people, and was able to help in many ways. It was interesting as far as patients coming in. I felt appreciated by the staff. I would love to get back into that line of work.
Horrible place. Understaffed and terroble management.
Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 27, 2018
This might be a good place to work if there were more employees who actually did anything productive and fewer managers. In the 10 years I was there, more clipboard-carrying managers walked around everyday. And after UNC took over, it seemed like they were creating another Vice President position every week. The hospitalist group director is a joke. Lazy, vinditive, and out of touch. Much bad patient care gets swept under the rug.
Pros
Some emloyees acrually care
Cons
Dangerously understaffed, concerned more about statistics and rankngs
Hospital
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Good place to work and alot of good people. Pay is ok depending on your position. I love my manager. Patient's are friendly some can be unpleasant but that's to be expected.
it was an ok place to work
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 28, 2018
great coworkers...good benefits....but it was a hospital...so lots of sickness. Some days it was wall to wall...other days just dragged by....loved those days
The only Manager that respected me was my immediate manager.
Patient Financial Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 9, 2018
I was let go because I was disgusted by what a fellow co-worker shared about her personal life at work. Looking back at how I handled the situation as a twenty-year-old I should have handled it differently but "c'est la vie" it's in the past. I tried originally working as a transcriptional secretary in orthopedics and I didn't know what I was doing so I got really upset. Pardee offered me to try to work for registration close to the emergency room which was even MORE stressful and much more political than it needed to be. I guess while I was working in ER registration we were going through a 'hiring' freeze of some sort because at one point there were only three people on second shift and one left for a better paying position with better benefits leaving me and one other employee to pick up back to back shifts until we were both exhausted. Of course that created tension and we were BOTH making a lot of mistakes. Shortly after I was let go the other employee quit two months later.
Pros
Basic Benefits from a Hospital, Sign-On Bonus for RN's/CNA's
Cons
VERY high Turn-Over, Very Political/Favoritism
Stressful Environment
Senior Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 17, 2018
I enjoy the work I do and feel accomplished with the work produced, however, there is an extreme amount of stress and pressure along with very long hours every day consistently.
Pros
Good health coverage
Cons
No holiday pay unless you use your PTO to cover.
Dynamic Environment
Professional (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 18, 2018
Pardee is a constantly changing working environment. Management is UNCH. The hospital is owned by Henderson County. The staff are hard working and love their patients. There is no advancement in certain areas.
Great place to work!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 11, 2018
Missing out on a great place to work if not already on staff. Love the people and coworkers. Never hate going to work and love the environment. Great benefits
A good place to work where people treat eachother respectfully and patients are treated with dignity
Women and Children's Center RN (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I currently work on the Women and Children's Unit. Management and teamwork is better than any place I've ever worked. Patient care is individualized and respectful.
great hospital to work for
Certified Respiratory Technician / RCP (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 17, 2017
I worked at Pardee for 16 years in multiple capacities. All of my bosses were fair and seemed to care about your welfare. The pros for me were a great cafeteria with good food. Also, the bonds of friendship that were formed from working so closely together with your team made the job less stressful. The only con was the increase of computer use to do your job, and less time for patient care because of this. I know that's the "way of the future", but I truly believe the customer suffers.
Pros
food and friendships
Cons
computers
Poor Place to Work
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
ER - Poor staff leadership management and organzational skills. Lack of compassion for nursing staff members. Risk for compliance violations in regards to employee's reporting of false information to HR.
good management and positive culture
ED Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 3, 2018
I like this job. But I need to be paid appropriately for the work that I do. If they would raise wages that would be great. Most of the employees are really great people too.
Slower pace, more personal work environment
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 26, 2017
Overall the laboratory at Pardee has a great quality culture, and good people to work with. Higher management does not foster a good relationship with the laboratory though. The wages are not competitive, and the healthcare insurance has deteriorated substantially since I began working here.
Excellent place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed every aspect of working at this hospital. The staff was
great and the supervisor and manager were fair and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was being the charge therapist.
I learned a lot from working at this hospital, including from the
physicians I worked with.
Pros
Relaxed, helpful atmosphere
Cons
Busy in winter
Fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment
Psychiatric Emergency Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I have worked at Pardee for 9.5 years and have mostly enjoyed my time there. The past year has been more stressful there than in years past. It seems to be a punitive environment which does not help alleviate stress.
Pros
Discounts on cell service and at cafeteria
Cons
Punitive environment. Doesnt feel like they lisyten to employee suggestions on improvement
Don't like UNC
Receptionist Patient Check (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 18, 2017
Management needs improving along with some Dr.'s attitudes.
Hours were not the greatest. Patient's gave blame to others while Dr.'s should have stepped to help there staff.
Pros
Cons
No team work
Staff RN PATHS program (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCDecember 22, 2017
typical day of work is tolerable, I learned a lot, management is the best, its a small hospital in a growing community, the jobs not hard, the coworkers are the best pat of the job.
Hours are horrible
Customer Service Representative, Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 10, 2017
Hours are 8-9 and it makes it very hard to get things done, management does not treat employees fairly and play favorites. It was a good job at first but then got worse.
Positive work enviroment
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 23, 2017
I was working in a hospital environment.I had to do venipunctures on patient so the blood samples good be tested in the lab so the doctors were able to determine the proper care for the patient.This is the first place I learned how to do venipuctures. I learned how to use 21 gauge needle and 25 guage butter fly needle which I became very proficient with difficult venipuncture. Management was awesome. The hardest part of the job is doing difficult venipuncture without collapsing the vein or causing a hematoma or hemolysis of blood sample. Loved the work enviroment, management, emplyees and patients.
Pros
The work enviroment
Cons
Salary