PAREXEL Employee Reviews

Productive Company
Senior Clinical Site Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Anna, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work and very inclusive. PAREXEL is a place that foster innovation, creativity, and insight. A great place to build a career and develop oneself.
Great experience
Sr. Records Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very professional environment to work in. Management did not micro manage, however, they provided guidance when I had questions and the overall vibe was very positive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not Fair
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
There has been numerous issues with this job. They compensate new hires with the same educational background as the current employees way more and encourage us to train them with no extra compensation. Also, the "raises" that they provide stop after a couple of years but normally its just a few cents more.
High pressure with excellent rewards
Director, Corporate Systems Group (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 6, 2018
I worked for PAREXEL for many years and was very committed to my job. I was very well rewarded in promotions and compensation. When I started out, the company was small in size but doubled in size in 18 months. There were a lot of growing pains in just trying to keep the technology afloat with the legacy systems, but the company made a significant investment in technology and it paid off. The hardest part of my job was a week a month in multiple cities. This became personally very difficult after my son left daycare and went to school so I left to care for him and my aging father. Now that my son is in college that would not be a problem. Overall, the best part of the job was the sense of teamwork and equal contribution.
Great Company
IT Principal Project Manager - Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 5, 2018
Great People Nice Offices. Good location. People are a little nervous due to the regulated environment. Turnover is high due to layoffs. Rumors and politics are high
Pros
People and Pay
Cons
Paraniod Culture
very layed back job
Assist coordinators (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2018
I love my job here at parexel, I just wish I was paid more for all the work that I do.I don't always like the participates but I love the work that I do. Me and my coworkers are like one big family.
It's okay
CSM (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2018
PAREXEL is okay for the most part. I am sad that I must now leave in order to advance my career, but the closure of the career pathway for me role is completely unacceptable.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Not impressed
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 18, 2018
Not impressed at all.. very slow work culture..things go in circles forever. Have no vision and people lack skills. There are NO training programs for employees. Too many layers of hierarchy and managers lack hands on skills that make lower level employees drive as per their whims.
very relaxed atmosphere
Translator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 14, 2018
Worked as a translator. Work environment was good.
2 sifts a day. The clinic staffs were helpful and friendly.
At night shift, you are barely called in.
Nice workplace culture with opportunities to grow
Informatica BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 13, 2018
Promotes good work life balance and opportunities to grow.
Provides learning and development classes online. technologies are a bit dated but good place to settle down.
Working Experience
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work when in home office was to field phone calls, answer protocol questions following up with sites. I learned you need to have a work life balance and shut off the computer at 5pm! Management was good in the beginning and then it was not good. My colleagues were great to work with.
Good work environment
sponsor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJJuly 29, 2018
Good work environment, nice people to work with. Several changes throughout the years as far as company structure and management, but overall the basic job responsibilities remained similiar, and learning new things.
Well organized processes and procedures
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 20, 2018
Their Agile process is one of the best I have been in. Took a while to be implemented, but with the training and having qualified people leading the project, everything goes clear and smooth. Unfortunately here was never opportunity to advance. and once they moved all developing to India, the office closed
Pros
best Agile environment I have been in
Cons
No advancement, company development not longer in U.S.
Great company
Senior Clinical Site Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 19, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. Great management and workforce. One of the very best in the industry. Learnt a lot over the years. Great benefits
Contractors were being replaced with full time workers
Contract Regional CRA (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2018
Same as above. The company was ok but they were really interested in moving contractors to permanent workers. They were looking to change both CRAs and PM into these positions, otherwise they were fine as a company.
Progressice Career
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 11, 2018
This career requires dedication and knowledge as well as self motivation. Great team members aboard who help support to company goal. Must be able to adapt, understand, self teach, and be willing to learn.
Poor work environment
Senior Medical Writer (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 10, 2018
Hostile work environment, every day and every project was treated as an emergency, extremely negative managers, no work/life balance, management did not support employees.
Could be a GREAT Company, instead is a POOR Company
Sr. Director, Strategic Statistical Sciences (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 29, 2018
Working remotely for PAREXEL was going very well, until new management came in and decided it would not allow this at my level, despite the fact that it had been working out fine for two years before they came in. Thus, they demanded everyone at that level or above to relocate to Waltham, MA. I and numerous others could not do this so we had to separate from the Company.
Pros
Broad area of research, typical for a full-service CRO like PAREXEL
Cons
Management is not sensitive to personal needs of its employees
Working at Parexel
Home Based, Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 14, 2018
PAREXEL is like working for any big company. It does have some good programs but upper management is out of touch with their people. There is always room for improvement.
Pros
Clean work enviorment
Cons
Most people leave due to their Line Managers relationship with the person.
excellent place to work, great management
CRO Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 6, 2018
High amount of travel outside of the region assignment.
Health issue at the time disallowed travel. A family leave would have been preferred rather than leaving the company.
More choices for this situation.
I enjoyed my manager.
Pros
Cons
travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAREXEL. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight