PAREXEL
62Average

PAREXEL Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
a typical day at work was answering a multi line phone and learning to be patient with the clients. The management was great workplace was also great. the hardest part of the job was when the client didn't understand why they weren't approved for the program we had to explain to them that the computer made the decision. the most enjoyable part about the job was we got a bonus for being polite with the clients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
many short breaks as needed
There was so much turnover even in management, which caused confusion and unnecessary work. I had three different managers in 6 months. Guidance and experience level between managers varied greatly.
Pros
Good benefits and average pay.
Cons
No clear goals and turnover was larger than normal
Parexel is a great place to work. Majority of the employees are either Doctors or Scientist so you have to be able to perform at a high level. A very great place!
I loved working at Parexel. I has growth opportunities with that company. Everyone was a joy to work with. Management was terrific. I worked with people from different backgrounds and cultures. The most enjoyable part of the day when our supervisor praised our hard work and was thankful. We at Parexel was family.
There was zero room for growth or advancement. Most of the time I got my work done within an hour, and then was put to file documents the remainder of the day.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I enjoyed the location and the people I worked with . Upper management had little to be desired. Too much office politics.
I will say i learned a lot working in this postion.

I liked my job very much and who I worked for.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Management was poor
Good Work and family life balance. Flexibility to work from home.Many opportunities for working in different groups of the company
A Great starting company to begin your career. Challenging day to day work, positive work environment. Excellent Work life balance
Help people with no medical insurance get free medicine schedule 60 employees work flow and lunches. Been there for 19 years before they closed. I loved helping people get free meds and helping them get there insurance company to pay for it
Typical day at work would be walking in every greets you as you walk to your work space. Sit down and start by reading emails, daily the supervisor would disperse the work load to the team. Management was always good about relaying any important information, were always available to assist in any matter and see it through the end. I learned a great deal about insurance companies and prescription benefits, how to work collaboratively with others in the health care industry and how to be most effective and make the most impact on the team. The hardest part of the job would be getting denied for prescription coverage knowing that the client is in need of it and all the appropriate steps have been attempted. The best and most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining coverage for the prescription and knowing that the client would pay very little if anything at all.
Pros
Break room, ample work space.
Cons
No healthcare benefits for temporary employees.
I didn't like the organization of the work place. not professional at all.
The end-users were super nice to work with!!!!
My colleague was super nice to work with!!!!!

My Manager >:( I'm SO HAPPY HE GOT FIRED TOO! I just wish he got the axe before he had me let go under fictitious statements and falsified paperwork. I’m so happy I saved the emails I sent to HR about him which proves his shady character and that he is a loose cannon.
Pros
AWESOME Location!!!
Cons
Supervisor was El Diablo (that should sum it up)
I love helping our patients by providing them with free medication.
I get there by a temp. agency.

so it was a permanent job and worked and different areas
Pros
big company excellent atmosfera of work
Cons
temporal job
A typlical day can be as easy as processing invoices for A/P and reviewing vendor contracts or convaluted with the duties of construction and ensuring the staff is safe while managing noise levels from construction work. A typical day is unpredictable. I might be giving a presentation to new hires at 8 a.m., and within the hour be on the roof, figuring out the best repair for a storm-damaged HVAC system. The day involves a lot of contact with people, ranging from the building management team trying to describe our needs to a contractor who, in turn, transforms them from plan to reality; to an ill employee where I must make the quick decision to simply call their spouse or call 911! I must remain mobile in the event I need to visit another facility and rapid problem solving is also a "must do" task of the day. I do a lot of standing and walking and, at any time, be able to lift 35 to 40 pounds or more if necessary! The most important thing I've learned is to be flexible. Learning to deal with others is another important attribute of facility management and I love the fact that no two days are ever the same.
Pros
free parking
Cons
no office or private area for confidential conversations or meetings