PAREXEL Employee Reviews

Typical Corporate
Drug Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 8, 2018
Professional, but not big on promotions for low level employees. Fair pay, family friendly, but currently a brand new upper management, so I am not aware of any changes.
Favorable overall
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 7, 2018
Loved working for Parexel. Unfortunately our department was disbanded and the jobs sent overseas. I would still be there if not for the decision to disband the department.
Good people
Sr Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  homebasedOctober 27, 2018
The people within the company are great, The leadership sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Management on some studies was great. The team performed like clockwork and provided an accurate, clean data set for the sponsors.

But on the majority of what I worked on,management did not give support to the team as a whole. For urgent issues, data locks, IA, team management did not provide the team support needed. Too many times was informed that there was nothing that could be done in regards to micro-managed study by the sponsor, when unrealistic requests were received.

Hardest part of the day was trying to get answers to pressing questions, both for my sites and for myself. Management was either on DND all day, or didn't answer emails until the end of the day.

Best part of the day- Leaving a site knowing I did everything within my power to ensure patient safety, clean and accurate data, and site and sponsor satisfaction.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of support from team management
Great employer
CCRA (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 25, 2018
Responsive supervisors, managers & administration. I was regularly challenged to increase my understanding of research systems. I had the opportunity to learn about disease processes where I had no previous experience.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
PAREXEL is a great company
Clinical Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2018
PAREXEL is a great company because they trust in their workforce. They treat you like a human being and understand life/work balance.
Compensation could be improved but that is to say at any company or specific to such said person. They certainly hire within and appreciate their employees.
The power structure is very exclusive and only few join the higher ranks.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  wealthOctober 3, 2018
When it comes to spending, they put the foot on the gas, then the break, then the gas. The ups and downs of spending for conferences, work travel, and especially hiring is dizzying.

People are generally very well educated.

It is deeply international.

A more open culture would increase their margins.
Pros
Interesting field, fair benefits, project teams work well together.
Cons
Sales is very exclusive. Management is secretive.
Great Experience
Senior, Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 2, 2018
Very busy place however at this time they were bought out and became a private company, many changes at this time that will definitely help for progress in the future.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 30, 2018
The company like most has issues but it is what it is. In my opinion, some manangers who have been there for over 10yrs are too comfortable and it is time for a change to improve the organization holistically.
Awarding role
Initiation Clinical Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 25, 2018
I work in Study Start Up which is very fast paced and high demanding role. You are in a meetings daily or bi-weekly keeping your team informed on the progress of your sites. I've learned that each study is never the same even though you have the same role. The interesting part about the job is that things can change in a matter of minutes. Management is there to assist/guide you, however you are allowed to make decisions that you may think is best for you. We are world wide so we have a variety of cultures working together. The hardest part of the job is when your giving unrealistic timelines to meet a deadline. The final results of getting a site enrolling patients for a study is the best reward.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Stressful role
Systems were not up to date
Senior Lead Study Start Up Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2018
This was years ago so I am sure things are updated now but back then there were many delays due to software issues. Did provide the work/life balance and that was recognized overall.
Pros
More comfortable/relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no teamwork
Productive Company
Senior Clinical Site Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Anna, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work and very inclusive. PAREXEL is a place that foster innovation, creativity, and insight. A great place to build a career and develop oneself.
Great experience
Sr. Records Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very professional environment to work in. Management did not micro manage, however, they provided guidance when I had questions and the overall vibe was very positive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not Fair
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
There has been numerous issues with this job. They compensate new hires with the same educational background as the current employees way more and encourage us to train them with no extra compensation. Also, the "raises" that they provide stop after a couple of years but normally its just a few cents more.
High pressure with excellent rewards
Director, Corporate Systems Group (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MASeptember 6, 2018
I worked for PAREXEL for many years and was very committed to my job. I was very well rewarded in promotions and compensation. When I started out, the company was small in size but doubled in size in 18 months. There were a lot of growing pains in just trying to keep the technology afloat with the legacy systems, but the company made a significant investment in technology and it paid off. The hardest part of my job was a week a month in multiple cities. This became personally very difficult after my son left daycare and went to school so I left to care for him and my aging father. Now that my son is in college that would not be a problem. Overall, the best part of the job was the sense of teamwork and equal contribution.
Great Company
IT Principal Project Manager - Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 5, 2018
Great People Nice Offices. Good location. People are a little nervous due to the regulated environment. Turnover is high due to layoffs. Rumors and politics are high
Pros
People and Pay
Cons
Paraniod Culture
very layed back job
Assist coordinators (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2018
I love my job here at parexel, I just wish I was paid more for all the work that I do.I don't always like the participates but I love the work that I do. Me and my coworkers are like one big family.
It's okay
CSM (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2018
PAREXEL is okay for the most part. I am sad that I must now leave in order to advance my career, but the closure of the career pathway for me role is completely unacceptable.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Not impressed
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 18, 2018
Not impressed at all.. very slow work culture..things go in circles forever. Have no vision and people lack skills. There are NO training programs for employees. Too many layers of hierarchy and managers lack hands on skills that make lower level employees drive as per their whims.
very relaxed atmosphere
Translator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 14, 2018
Worked as a translator. Work environment was good.
2 sifts a day. The clinic staffs were helpful and friendly.
At night shift, you are barely called in.
Nice workplace culture with opportunities to grow
Informatica BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 13, 2018
Promotes good work life balance and opportunities to grow.
Provides learning and development classes online. technologies are a bit dated but good place to settle down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAREXEL. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss