PAREXEL Employee Reviews

My time with PAREXEL was too brief to provide a fail assessment, but everyone I met and worked with was very professional and nice.
SENIOR CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I am unable to provide a fair assessment of PAREXEL, as my employment with them was so brief. Six months into my new job with PAREXEL I left the company to attend to my family which was overwhelmed with loss and grief due to a series of unexpected family deaths over a brief period of time.
Pros
Good working environment and nice people
Challenging and fast paced
Product Owner/Acting Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Challenging , fast face, remote , distributed team. Good opportunity to work with different cultures and nationalities. Projects are based on clients and some product debelopment
Review
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Parexel is a great place to work. Majority of the employees are either Doctors or Scientist so you have to be able to perform at a high level. A very great place!
Fun and challenging
Legal Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 1, 2019
Friendly and very open co-workers and bosses, never experienced any hostility in the work environment, wide array of experiences to learn from, would work there again
Very hectic place to work
Senior Clinical Site Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MADecember 19, 2018
If you are not careful, you will lose your sanity in a heartbeat. Some teams will work you to the point of breaking down. Good crop of Line Managers but study leads are lousy
Strong company with diverse team members
Senior Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 13, 2018
As a Proposal Manager for PAREXEL, most days included multiple hours of teleconferences discussing strategies of how to present the company's best practices, successes and quality of team members to Sponsors. As a global company, the hours of a typical work day varied based on team member locations and time zones, but everyone worked together as fluid as possible to get the work done as efficiently and respectfully as possible. Pre-breakfast calls or late night meetings were not unusual, nor was the understanding that dogs barking, car doors closing, airport/flight/train announcements or children asking questions may briefly interrupt those calls.
Pros
Working from home, great team members, managers that had done the day job
Cons
Working from home, high workload
Work day
Patient Advocate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VADecember 4, 2018
I loved working at Parexel. I has growth opportunities with that company. Everyone was a joy to work with. Management was terrific. I worked with people from different backgrounds and cultures. The most enjoyable part of the day when our supervisor praised our hard work and was thankful. We at Parexel was family.
Typical Corporate
Drug Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 8, 2018
Professional, but not big on promotions for low level employees. Fair pay, family friendly, but currently a brand new upper management, so I am not aware of any changes.
Favorable overall
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 7, 2018
Loved working for Parexel. Unfortunately our department was disbanded and the jobs sent overseas. I would still be there if not for the decision to disband the department.
Good people
Sr Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  homebasedOctober 27, 2018
The people within the company are great, The leadership sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Management on some studies was great. The team performed like clockwork and provided an accurate, clean data set for the sponsors.

But on the majority of what I worked on,management did not give support to the team as a whole. For urgent issues, data locks, IA, team management did not provide the team support needed. Too many times was informed that there was nothing that could be done in regards to micro-managed study by the sponsor, when unrealistic requests were received.

Hardest part of the day was trying to get answers to pressing questions, both for my sites and for myself. Management was either on DND all day, or didn't answer emails until the end of the day.

Best part of the day- Leaving a site knowing I did everything within my power to ensure patient safety, clean and accurate data, and site and sponsor satisfaction.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of support from team management
Great employer
CCRA (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 25, 2018
Responsive supervisors, managers & administration. I was regularly challenged to increase my understanding of research systems. I had the opportunity to learn about disease processes where I had no previous experience.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
PAREXEL is a great company
Clinical Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2018
PAREXEL is a great company because they trust in their workforce. They treat you like a human being and understand life/work balance.
Compensation could be improved but that is to say at any company or specific to such said person. They certainly hire within and appreciate their employees.
The power structure is very exclusive and only few join the higher ranks.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  wealthOctober 3, 2018
When it comes to spending, they put the foot on the gas, then the break, then the gas. The ups and downs of spending for conferences, work travel, and especially hiring is dizzying.

People are generally very well educated.

It is deeply international.

A more open culture would increase their margins.
Pros
Interesting field, fair benefits, project teams work well together.
Cons
Sales is very exclusive. Management is secretive.
Great Experience
Senior, Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 2, 2018
Very busy place however at this time they were bought out and became a private company, many changes at this time that will definitely help for progress in the future.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 30, 2018
The company like most has issues but it is what it is. In my opinion, some manangers who have been there for over 10yrs are too comfortable and it is time for a change to improve the organization holistically.
Awarding role
Initiation Clinical Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 25, 2018
I work in Study Start Up which is very fast paced and high demanding role. You are in a meetings daily or bi-weekly keeping your team informed on the progress of your sites. I've learned that each study is never the same even though you have the same role. The interesting part about the job is that things can change in a matter of minutes. Management is there to assist/guide you, however you are allowed to make decisions that you may think is best for you. We are world wide so we have a variety of cultures working together. The hardest part of the job is when your giving unrealistic timelines to meet a deadline. The final results of getting a site enrolling patients for a study is the best reward.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Stressful role
Systems were not up to date
Senior Lead Study Start Up Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2018
This was years ago so I am sure things are updated now but back then there were many delays due to software issues. Did provide the work/life balance and that was recognized overall.
Pros
More comfortable/relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no teamwork
Productive Company
Senior Clinical Site Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Anna, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work and very inclusive. PAREXEL is a place that foster innovation, creativity, and insight. A great place to build a career and develop oneself.
Great experience
Sr. Records Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very professional environment to work in. Management did not micro manage, however, they provided guidance when I had questions and the overall vibe was very positive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not Fair
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
There has been numerous issues with this job. They compensate new hires with the same educational background as the current employees way more and encourage us to train them with no extra compensation. Also, the "raises" that they provide stop after a couple of years but normally its just a few cents more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAREXEL. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss