PARIS BAGUETTE Employee Reviews

Regular college part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
The job in general is just typical college part time job. Of course, you get to learn how to make drinks, cashier etc but it was more of you are learning how to treat multiple customers who you have to deal with various personalities.
Stressful and unclean workplace
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
Though they were extremely flexible with the schedules, management failed to give anyone raises and and pay overtime or allow us to redeem sick pay. The workplace is infested with vermin (roaches and mice). The Times Square area brings with it a lot of unwelcome and dangerous traffic. I have been threatened, and we have daily thieves.
Pros
flexible schedule, coworkers are great
Cons
30 min break, unclean environment, low pay
has good management
Baker (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 17, 2018
There are a lot of great co-workers. However, due to massive amounts of workers, some dramatic situation happens. This place does not offer much benefits but isn't bad to work. I left this place since it was not my career goal and had to move on for school education.
enjoyed with my co workers
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYOctober 16, 2018
my manager is great and so as my co worker. the jobs is very easy but boring. ive learned how to frosted cakes and making sandwiches.the hardest part was to learn how to baked
Wildly Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Enployees come and go within a few weeks/months. Store is understaffed and very overworked, very often have no breaks. Often reservations aren’t setup correctly and screw over the customer and whoever is on shift. Only benefit is flexible weekly scheduling. Store is also changing constantly so you can’t pick things up
Pros
Discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
Extremely overworked, understaffed, no time for breaks
Customers and managers are horrible
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 3, 2018
The people who come to Paris Baguette are incredibly needy and rude. They expect you to grovel for them. The management does not make it better with bad policies that tend to make the customer even angrier but you as a cashier have to deal with it. Making the drinks is fun and easy. They have cameras that someone watches the entire day to see if you have their ugly uniform on correctly and to make sure youre working constantly. Lazy managers make you do work that is assigned to them so you basically learn how to run a whole store but with minimal pay.
Pros
Recent pay rate is great
Cons
Took away free meals, unnecessary work
It's ok
Barista, Cashier, Crew member (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CASeptember 2, 2018
The location i worked at was really understaffed, and I was the only "crew member" besides one other baker.
The front house crew member is required to display all of the breads, wrap them accordingly, stock any packaged products, clean everything, cashier and barista.
Felixible
Cashier/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYAugust 29, 2018
They were good in accomadating school students with flexible hours and they were okay with people traveling for vacation. However it was a horrible work environment to the point where bad workers get rewarded and good workers get the boot.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management, horrible teams, no structure, no descipline, its a disaster
not a fun company to with with
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 20, 2018
I really do not like working here. I have worked here for over a year and do not treat me fairly. I work so hard for this company. They were going to make me a shift lead but then the assistant manager decided she liked some other boy who had been working there much shorter than i have so she made him one instead of me. They will bring in new hires and bring them to a higher position than myself.
I enjoyed work at paris
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 11, 2018
If you are hard workers it might fit you in Paris.
if you are lazy workers...I don’t recommend.
Paris baguette is Korean culture community and own by Korean owner in Korea. If you don’t know Korean company culture. Don’t even think about it!
Pros
20% employees discount
Paris Baguette
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at Paris Baguette consisted sometimes of good days but often it consisted of bad days. Management are great understanding friendly people. Most enjoyable part is meeting the regular customers of Paris Baguette.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No Bread break
An easy job for a hard worker
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 1, 2018
While the workload can vary by day, working at PB is very manageable and the 8-hour shifts go by rather quickly. As a manager, there is a decent balance of physical work and office work. The employees we hire at any given time tend to listen and receive criticism with a constructive mindset. The entire store is generally friendly and welcoming, which results in many regulars and overall pleasant experiences for customers.
Pros
Many opportunities to assume responsibility and grow professionally
Cons
A decent amount of customers are unable to speak English well, so without a Korean or Chinese speaking employee present, communication can really factor into service time
Great Opening Position
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10009July 26, 2018
Paris Baguette helped when I was in need of a full time job post college. However hours are inconsistent if you are an assistant manager. The base pay is higher than minimum wage, however, for the stress level was always an issue.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No lunch or Dinner
good place for part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palisades Park, NJJuly 25, 2018
If you like bread and you are looking for a part time job, this is the most suitable place to work at! You can either work in the morning or in the afternoon which the managers will accommodate for you.
Good to get some extra money but doesn’t worrh your nerves
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2018
Meneger and some of the people there formed cliques and they don’t let new people join. Work environment is boring, people barely talk to each other unless they are part of the clique. Most of the people just want to quit but can’t because they need money.
decent part time job if you're okay with customer service
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2018
Job meant for high school or college students for some income. handle food and deal with customers, definitely not a long term job. Workplace culture depends on your coworkers
Good experience
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2018
Working at Paris baguette was new first time experience as part time job but I was able to learn how to make drinks and without that experience I wouldn't be able to do it.
Pros
When we take break under 10 or 14 doller is free
Cons
There was more time where we ha e to clean instead of mking drinks and do cashier
Very Busy
Cashier and Packager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
This company is good, as it does keep you busy. Your job requires to serve customers, package breads, and make coffees. You do stay extra half an hour after the store closes for clean up, or you have to arrive half an hour early before the store opens to set up.
Fun work place
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Schedule was flexible and fun work place with people. Manager was changed couple of times.
It will be ideal place to work for students to get some money. However if you are looking for some sort of job advancement, I will not recommend.
Recommended to students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 18, 2018
It is a great place to work for students. They provide flexible schedule for students. The place is hygienic and standardized. Might get tiring in the start but after you have picked up the daily schedule, it gets easy.
Pros
Free pastries up to $10
Cons
Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARIS BAGUETTE. Our community is ready to answer.