PARIS BAGUETTE Employee Reviews

Wont reccomend
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2018
No benefits.Hrly ppl get medical no dental/ vision.Salary not competitive, hrly get 3 days of sick time for a yr no vk time.work day after Thnksgivin.
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 26, 2018
The management at paris baguette is horrible, the culture there is horrible, the rules make no sense, the customers are horrible, paris baguette is the worst place you can work at
The Manager has its favorites
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92126May 24, 2018
She favors other employees even when they're not doing their job. They pay low but they overwork you and even when you're doing your job right the manager seems to find something wring about it. The manager prefers working with people who can understand her in terms of language.
Great Management but poor benenits
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Commerce CAApril 28, 2018
I loved working as a receptionist at Paris Baguette Usa Inc. However, i did not receive any benefits or was employed as a permanent employee there after working there for almost two years. Great Environment though, but the pay was too low
Pros
Flexible Schedulng
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fast paced, management isn’t the best
Chasier, displaying pastries, barista, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 15, 2018
Coworkers are nice and as long as you have 3-4 coworkers working with you it’ll run smoothly but most of the times is understaffed and management isn’t the best
Pros
10 worth of food for break
Easy work but misguided company.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 9, 2018
Waking up at 5 am to decorate dozens of cakes for 6+ hours, following set designs, and restocking supplies twice a week. Other cake decorating staff were helpful and cooperative, however did not get to interact with staff from the other sections very often. Clear disconnect between each group of members made it hard to get comfortable. Store manager was changed, but not enough training was given causing the rest of the store problems.
Pros
Free $10 worth of pastries every work day
Cons
Poor management, uncooperative staff (other departments)
Stressful
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2018
Most of the time it was busy and the line was out the door the pace of things were quite hectic but I enjoyed the people I worked with. At times it was so busy people would have to wait for almost 30 min just to get a drink or pastry.
Pros
Neat place for Coffee and Pastries
Cons
Need to pick up the pace and have another register.
Poor management
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Good job for those who are good at multitasking and can make quick decisions during rush hours. Their shift hours are tiring. Their only allow their workings to pick either opening or closing shifts (mid-day shifts for those who live in Staten Island). Management could be better but not the worst.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Poor management, shift hours
Productive, stressful, competitive.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 21, 2018
The experience was great at first, I got to communicate and up my people skills. The work got stressful at times like any job would, however, I overworked to the point where my physical health was not doing so well. Closing teams would stay past midnight and I remember many coworkers feeling stressed, sleep deprived, etc. Overall I’d say I learned a handful of things working there such as communication skills, food handling and I did get some barista experience. My reason for leaving though definitely had a lot to do with the after hours and the stressful environment that my mental health could no longer bare.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, competitive
Apply if you want to waste time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 20, 2018
Hierarchy system for everything
every single decision made by HQ in Korea takes 2 business day. lol.
They expect to work like a robot and obey no matter what the upper level order.
Quick-paced, Good High School Entry-Level Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 15, 2018
I started off as entry-level and worked my way into a shift lead role. The environment is very fast-paced and extremely customer orientated. Workplace is very flexible and workers are very friendly. You will obtain soft skills and professional skills at Paris Baguette.
Pros
Bread Breaks, Ideal Entry-Level Job, Very Flexible
Cons
Short breaks (10 minutes)
Great Ambiance and Easy Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2018
The job mostly involved restocking, cleaning, making orders and handling customer transactions. The comfy ambiance and atmosphere were great to work in.
Pros
Free Pastries, Breaks
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA 94080February 26, 2018
Bad environment due to bad management, work ethic of coworkers, lack of support of corporate figures, very fast-paced on weekends, the most enjoyable part of working is clocking out
Pros
flexible scheduling
Brick and mortar store offering cafe products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
An international company with guidelines from Korea. Some rules might seem unnecessary even to management but since guidelines are established in another country, they must be taken seriously.
Fast Paced Cafe with a focus on Customer Service
Staff (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day consists of managing customer happiness and ensuring stock is maintained. Refilling Coffee machine, restocking bread, and rearranging pastries were primary duties.
Learned the basic set up and layout of a Paris Baguette storefront.
Management mostly handles issues with customers that cannot be settled by regular employees, also handles scheduling for the week in advance.
Workplace is professional, sociable, and friendly.
Hardest part of the job would be learning all of the different pastries for sale by name.
Definitely enjoyed the free lunch benefits.
It is worth noting that I only did my first week, had I gone further I may have been placed on register duty which would have included another set of responsibilities.
Pros
$10 company paid lunches, fresh pastries every day, pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Repetitive work
Its Okay
Cashier/ Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
its an okay job. if you have a cool manager the work isnt too bad. there will be days where there are rude customers. they overwork you. you tend to meet new folks.
Pros
tips
Cons
overworked employees
Would not refer or recommend
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 18, 2018
It's a warehouse with alot of illegal undocumented workers especially in the warehouse, they do things there way which is the lazy way, they don't clean up all they do is socialize, bully and harass other workers, the boss and managers don't care about anyone only the undocumented workers. Terrible experience here would never go back
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Like bread?
Entry Level Accountant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Recommend you if you like bread. Do you like bread? Well I don't so now I don't go back to their stores and not even near the office. Not a good location
Flexible hours weekly and paid weekly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 6, 2018
Stand long period of time
A lot of lifting
Cleaning
Learning a lot
Fast service pace
required to learn everything
allowed breaks with allowance to eat
No advancement while overworked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
They refuse to hire more people on shift when needed, thus employees are highly stressed as we have to do three people's jobs in one since there are not enough people available. Did not get any raises in the 7 months I worked there, and neither did my co-workers who were there for 10+ months. Horrible management. Does not care about the wellbeing of the employees.
Pros
Free food a day until $10
Cons
Sometimes overworked to the point people can't take breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARIS BAGUETTE. Our community is ready to answer.