Paris Baguette Employee Reviews

You can learn new experiences
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 16, 2019
Assistant General Manager might learn new elements that are connected with new experiences.
Great job
Retial Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2019
One of the most flexible and understanding company I’ve came across. Also had dedicated employees. Managers helped with any situation on hand and also showed compassion.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2019
It was fun and interesting in Paris Baguette I really learned how to multitask and work with others in order to full fill our goal. Our manager was always nice to use and communicated with us very well.
Nope
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Palisades Park, NJ and Fort Lee, NJMarch 20, 2019
Didn’t get paid fairly or treated fairly hardly give you a raise and if they do say don’t get your hopes up, won’t happen for like 3-5 months or not at all
N/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 20, 2019
Working at Paris Baguette lets you learn many things if this is your first job at a bakery. They teach you valuable lessons such as handling money, displayment, and customer service. I enjoy working with all my co-workers and my managers are nice.
Do not work here
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 18, 2019
Turn overs are extremely high due to poor management. Low pay, bad benefits. Organizational change recently and laid so many people off that's been there over 10 years. New CEO/CFO wanted to bring in their own people. This company is a joke please do not waste your time here.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
everything
okay for a first job but definitely would NOT stay
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2019
worked here for 6 months and quit because of pure exhaustion. it was a high school job and they had me working 20+ hours (8 hour shifts 4 days a week) even though i requested 10-15 hours and I could not handle the workload on top of my academics and extracurriculars. store was owned by a couple of people with management who came to do inspections every couple of months. customers were okay but everyone i knew who worked with me quit because of the hours and how the culture was like. for a company that is known for being like a “family” they degrade and don’t care about their employees and their opinions. our store had a high layover rate b/c our manager kept hiring unqualified people and would not fire them because of “korean culture.” workplace culture was questionable too, language barrier and culture differences maybe? but i still think you shouldn’t be treated as a slave doing work. for the amount of work i had to do, the pay and training were not the best. everyone had their own way of doing things and you would get yelled at because you learned something one way when it was supposed to be another way. very unprofessional.
Pros
$5-10 in food items allowed
Cons
management, work culture, work/life balance
Typical day at work
cashier/barista (Former Employee) –  Chinatown, NYMarch 9, 2019
It's a normal place to working, following opening and closing duties, learning names of the bread, and regular cashier regulations. We get to be creative with out drinks sometimes and show that we love making lattes and coffee for our customers.
only work here if there's no other option
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2019
I worked at Paris Baguette for 2 years. I have loved almost all of my coworkers, but that's about it. The only good things about working here were my great coworkers and schedule flexibility. Aside from that, the company is full of it and does not care for its employees. The work pays minimum which is fine, but for the amount of work and effort and their high expectations it is completely not worth it. The management is so awful and you don't even get anything out of it. Towards the end of my time their they even took away our $10 bread breaks. But whoopdie doo! Instead of 20% off all items, now we get 25% off!!!!! Don't waste your time here, you'll hate it. I would've quit way sooner but this job was close to home and gave me the hours I needed as I'm a full time student. If you decide to work here, be prepared for a load of bull. But hey, at least you'll meet some cool people.
incompetent workers, drama, no team mentality, but flexible schedule
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 2, 2019
I work at a Franchise location in Garden Grove, CA. Management is terrible. Everyone does whatever they want. Does not clean properly, FOH members have issues with authority where if they're instructed/assigned tasks to complete, some team members get mad and complain as to why they're being told what to do. Ridiculous. Management doesn't do anything to help either.
They always say that they will handle the employee/situation, but never does. Never terminates terrible workers, so you end up surrounded by drama and incompetency all. the. time.

They don't hire enough people for the front, so you're left with no one being able to cover for mornings... If one person calls out sick in the morning, you're stuck working by yourself.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Bad team members, bad management, everyone's miserable
Strict Management
Baker Instructor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 1, 2019
Management pushes for everything to be done early and at a certain time all while being very understaffed.
The workplace culture is ok. The company aids towards the Korean/ American culture.
No benefits, unfair pay and compensation.
The only thing you get is 10% of select items in the store.
Pros
Cool people to work with
Cons
No Benefits, Unfair pay
always busy
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 8, 2019
It is easy to stay busy. there are always a lot of things that can be done, a lot of cleaning. Always trying to keep customers happy. No manager for about 5 months though.
Pros
relaxed working environment
Cons
no management
It was ok, the management was really poor so I had a rough time but the morning shifts were relaxed and almost enjoyable for a day to day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 5, 2019
They should’ve checked the manager I feel like I lost a lot of costumers because of it and I had to make up for a lot of her mistakes, she was just very rude to the costumers and I was pretty much the one that had to be the coherent one so they didn’t run away honestly
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Nice place to work just having to wake up early for work is really tiring. Unloading and putting the delivery away is also stressful and tiring. So far so good.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits
A good place to learn about sales and coffee business
Assistant Manager, Sales & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10010December 13, 2018
Upon starting here, I was allowed to try the food in order to understand the products and the customers. Food was offered for lunch. Hard work and long hours were not only appreciated but rewarded with raises and promotion. It is a good place to work if you care about customer service. Other than that, the new direction of the company has shifted and is confusing to the say the least.
Pros
Advancement Opportunity, Challenging
Cons
No more free lunch, new direction is questionable
Lots of Cleaning
Captain (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 26, 2018
At a typical day of work at Paris Baguette you will find yourself doing tons of cleaning, helping customers is a priority, the management is flexible with your schedule usually, the vibe is sort of friendly at first but make sure you are a hard worker who loves to clean otherwise you will ind yourself counting the hours until you can finally go home, but half of your day is gone anyways after your done working.
Pros
$10 free food
Cons
Long boring shifts, very small crew which means more work per worker, basically 0 tips in the night
productive
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
As a barista I always enjoyed making drinks. It made me enjoy my job, I learned how to make all types of drinks. At first it was too fast paced but you get the hang of it after a while.
Poor management with unprofessional staff.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2018
I am someone who adores coffee, and making coffee. I applied for a job at the Westborough location, got the job, worked there for two months and hated every shift! The manager was a pervy, petty twit and so were some of the coworkers I had there. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Free food, free coffee.
Cons
Poorly managed, creepy manager, unprofessional coworkers.
overall regular working enviornment
Lead Captain (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 29, 2018
workplace culture is normal. Management worked decently well with its employees. sometimes there was not enough people to properly deal with the influx of customers.
Regular college part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
The job in general is just typical college part time job. Of course, you get to learn how to make drinks, cashier etc but it was more of you are learning how to treat multiple customers who you have to deal with various personalities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Baguette. Our community is ready to answer.