Park Dental Employee Reviews

The best company I've worked for!
LDA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 29, 2018
Everyone is so nice and welcoming at Park Dental! You get the great benefits of a bigger company but still get that small family oriented feeling because they are 100% Doctor owned and led! I would highly recommend to anyone even new grads because they have great training!
Pros
Paid CE's, great doctors, training, mentors, fun culture
Highly stressful, hostile workplace
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 23, 2018
Hostile work environment due to practice management. My doctor was fired and my job was then eliminated. I was made to feel inadequate and left crying several days.
Cons
Healthcare
Official response from Park Dental
October 30, 2018

We are sorry you had this experience. We pride ourselves on having a healthy work environment which promotes respect and trust. On our 2018 team member engagement survey our doctors and team members told us we “operate by strong values” and over 80% of the respondents indicated they would “highly recommend working at Park Dental” with both responses scored well above the U.S. Workforce benchmark measures.
Based on the results of this engagement survey we were also named a 2018 Top Workplace by the Star Tribune.

It is important we understand your specific concerns and we ask that you would contact our Team Relations department at 651-636-0500 so we can discuss further.

A very rewarding workplace with great management
LDA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park and Maple GroveAugust 17, 2018
Rewarding company to work for,excellent CEO,flexible scheduling. Educating my patients about their dental health. Seeing the final result on apatient and how it will change their life
Pros
All CE, s are their
Cons
short breaks
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 30, 2018
Their culture of leading with patient and team member experience is excellent. Advancement is difficult as there is not a lot of positions to grow into.
Benefits
Cons
No ability to work remotely
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. It was the first job I had out of school. I loved the Doctors and my coworkers. The only reason I left is because I wanted to try a specialty office.
Fun and busy dental practice
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 2, 2018
I loved working at Park Dental. I was given a lot of responsibility and autonomy to complete what needed to get done. Some of my responsibilities were to schedule patients, contact insurance companies to get patient benefits, collect patient payments, and answer phones
benefits
Cons
Tthe biggest con is that a doctor retired and my position was eliminated
Productive, structred workplace
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 11, 2018
Fast paced, team oriented work environment. Very detailed computer software.Very organized company. Many opportunities for continuing education. Overall, a great place to work
Pros
continuing education
Great Employees, Horrible Management
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2018
Great place to work besides management at some locations. Pay is lower then private practice or specialty. No sick time! Only PTO, so if you get sick, better cancel your vacation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, horrible insurance, no sick time
Customer service to help people feel better about themselves.
Scheduling Manager - Edinbrook (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, MNFebruary 10, 2018
Working for Park Dental has taught me a lot about the dental industry and dental insurance. Working closely with the doctor and patients in determining the best plan and use of the patient dental insurance. Keeping the doctor and hygiene schedules full by calling patient to remind them of up coming appointment or to schedule future treatment. Unfortunately, I do have to make collection calls to patient that have an over due balance. The best part of my day and job is helping people want to smile and show off their teeth.
weekend hours
Licensed Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJanuary 22, 2018
It provided me to still work(weekend hours) and be at home during the week, maintaining my home and being with my young children- at the time, and staying active the dental field
Good company to work for
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 12, 2017
Great training, great co-workers and management. Doctors truly care about their patients and their smiles. For being a larger company they treat their employees with much respect.
Wonderful place to work
Scheduling Manager/ Scheduling manager Coach (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 12, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work- all of the employees are fantastic and the management has been wonderful as well. The doctor I specifically worked for is wonderful and she is still someone i keep in contact with today. This place truely felt like home.
Pros
Coworkers, fun work environment, fast work environment, opportunities to move up
Cons
no set aside lunch breaks since they are 7 hour shifts.
fun place
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Great company, great benefits. Only downside you worked when your doctor worked. His/her schedule became yours so a bit hard to go on vacation that did not co inside with theirs.
Pros
daily meetings, great communication
Cons
schedule
It's a great place to work.
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 2, 2016
I started this job, not knowing anything about the dental field. I went through a lot of training and I caught on in a hurry. My day consists of checking in/out patients, helping them with their insurance, answering phones, working on claims that aren't being paid by insurance. I was in charge of making work schedules for the office of 25 employees and making sure all the doctors schedules were loaded for the next year and they were accordingly to what their vacation schedules were. I made sure someone was able to fill a co-workers shift when they called in sick or they were on vacation. I would put together work outings so we can get together as a group outside of work and go and have fun. I love all my coworkers that I have worked with with in the past here and the present. I have a lot of patients that I know, personally, so when they come in the office, we chat about their families and other stuff instead of dental. I try to make it a pleasant place that people want to visit instead of fearing it. This job has been the most rewarding to me because I didn't know anything about dental, and I have totally conquered this, so I know I can do any job with the right training.
Pros
Good benefits
The CEO wants the best for everyone.
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 30, 2016
Duplicitous. Be ready to leave the new knives in your back. The "locals, " notice when you take them out. And you should run.
Pros
The hygienists are some of the most amazing people that I've ever known.
Cons
Manipulation is a certainty.
Good Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 20, 2016
Park Dental recognizes talent and provides advancement opportunities. There is a good work/life balance and competitive wages and benefits.
Love helping people!
Scheduling Manager I (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNDecember 22, 2015
The best part of my job is helping patients with their problems. Whether it's a scheduling conflict or toothache. The clinical team always helps make my job easier by accommodating the patients with longer schedules. Everyone that works there is a genuinely nice and good person.
Pros
Free dental!
Cons
Advancement feels limiting.
Continuing Care (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNSeptember 24, 2015
The job was fun and easy to learn, I caught on quick to the work flow.
My team members made the job fun and it was a great atmosphere.
Great work environment with great people
Licensed Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 20, 2015
As a dental assistant working at park dental I was able to utilize many of the expanded functions that I learned in school. The doctors have high expectations and enforce constant productivity. Not much down time. The office is up to date with all technology including digital x-rays as well electronic records. Park dental has many opportunities for continuing education credits. Over all the office was great but the compensation was not competitive.
Pros
Work atmosphere, latest technology; digital x-rays and electronic records
Cons
Compensation
DENTAL HYGIENE MENTOR/HYGIENE SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Lake ElmoJanuary 24, 2015
Scheduling of appointments - outbound calling
Good management
Was a mentor for new employees and enjoyed that
Flexible hours when going to school
Had a base amount of calls to complete and the best part of the job was challenging myself to exceed the expectations
Pros
Time went fast and it was a great college job
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight