Park Lawn Employee Reviews

decent
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 17, 2017
I liked the work schedule, stayed on task with training. Just certain staff made it unpleasant to work with their attitudes. Very clean and rules was abided by
Loved the work
Vocational instructor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 18, 2016
Great but short time there, enjoyed what I did there. Great Monday to Friday schedule and activities with clients were fun. Felt like I was making a real difference.
A good starting point for a Social Service career
Direct Support Person (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILNovember 16, 2016
Park Lawn has been a good starting point for my social service career. There are up's and down's but its a tricky population to work with so it is understandable. Overall, I have learned a lot just being a direct support professional.
Pros
Good care for Workers
Cons
Low Pay
working with clients in a home
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 13, 2015
working with clients is always enjoyable to me. The fact that we could go on activities with them and take the shopping. I definitely enjoyed working with my coworkers. It wasn't no hard part about my job but the part i had to be there extremely early. A typical day at work is always exciting and relaxing.
Pros
working with clients and awesome coworkers
Dsp
DSP (Former Employee) –  Kostner locationJune 8, 2015
the location I worked at was horrible.. From the management on down.. I had a supervisor that was very unprofessional, who belittled the staff to a point where you would believe that you were encable of doing anything else but making 9.00 per hour.. The management treats you like a child in a work environment that's very stressful.. I would not recommend this job to anyone but we all have to take on jobs that we may not like in the time of need financially..
Pros
Cons
unorofessional, won't let you use PTO, management is spiteful
Its a good job
DIRECT SUPORT PERSON-ICFDD (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 9, 2014
Department Dementia and Alzheim

Observe and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the case manager. Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines. I assisted in nutrition and fluid intake. I provided transportation, assistance and companionship to clients. I Cleaned and organized patients living quarters. I also, performed household task such as laundry, dusting, washing dishes and vacuuming. I play games and other activities to engage clients. Recognized and report abnormalities and/or change in patient’s health status to nursing
Easy caseload, few staffing issues
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 18, 2014
I worked Monday through Friday and one weekend per month. Most days were spent working on ISP's, case management work, and spending time with the clients. What I learned was I have the ability to do more outside the position. Management appeared not to be open to new ideas of programming for clients. The routine of "doing things" throughtout the agency was not open for change. My co-workers were pleasant and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was too much down time. I felt as though my abilities and talents were not being used. The most enjoyable part was the clients. Most were easy to work with and enjoyed doing new things.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No room for advancement
productive
Direct Service Person (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 6, 2013
i enjoy it very much. the clients are alot of fun. i get along with every one