Park National Bank Employee Reviews

Awesome
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Company I absolutely love my job. Couldn’t ask for a better company to work for. I love that they offer at least an interview for any person you apply for a position within the company.
Summary
Account Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2018
The banking world was brand new too me, but the employees and executives made me feel less awkward. I actually got laid off which was due to the fact that I was hired as an intern, came on as part-time following that, and my position was not secure in the grand scheme of things.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information! We're glad you had a good experience with us!

Working at Park National Corporation
Mortgage Loans (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 16, 2018
The management at Park National Corporation is for the most part outstanding. The salary and wages are poor when compared with other banking institutions.
small environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 21, 2018
Good culture, but micromanage a bit much. They know how to run a PMO, but they are set in their small town environment ways. Nothing bad to say they just micromanage a little much.
April 23, 2018

We really appreciate your honest feedback! We'll make sure to share this with the appropriate folks.

The Epitomy of Community Banking
Global Treasury Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2018
PARK is a true community banking that properly aligns its mission and culture in supporting the communities in which they operate. Fiscally conservative and leadership that leads by example.
Pros
Organizational Culture
Cons
N/a
April 9, 2018

We're so glad you have had a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

Great Community Bank
Regional Agriculture Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OhioMarch 27, 2018
Park National is a great conservative place to work and offers many benefits and opportunities to all levels of employees. The company offers a upstanding community focused business model. Park National is focused on it's core values and the executive team is second to none.
Pros
Community focused business, Excellent executive team
Cons
Slow paced business, lacks training opportunities
Terrible Place
Computer Operator I (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 24, 2018
At least from my experience in my department it was terrible. Low pay, poor benefits, a bossy supervisor and a manager who didn't care. Only thing he cared about was reminding you that you were replaceable at any moment. I spent three years there and while I was in charge of a lot never once got a promotion. No one in my department ever got a promotion except leaving the company for better places.
relaxed but fast paced at times
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Newark, OH 43055December 21, 2017
My job at PNB was Head Teller it was a good job didn't feel they paid overly well for the responsibility level but I like the interaction with the customers and the cash handling.
Great Workplace
Bank Teller I (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHNovember 27, 2017
Working at Park is great. But that being said your experience differs on the branch you work at. 30th ST is very fast paced when on the other hand Southgate is not. Everyone is very nice and I have certainly learned a lot about working with customers and how to handle different situations.
Good place to work if you are not very passionate for advancement
Full-time analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 7, 2017
The bank is a great medium sized bank; it has everything that you want from a bank. Management is excellent; benefits are competitive; and it treats employees like families. Great place to retire from.

Many community events. You may have a lot of chances to talk to the CEO.

However it is community-based; if you want to do something big, you need a bigger bank to work for.
Pros
Benefits. Managements. Slower-paced environment. Work-life balance. Fair pay. Job secure.
Cons
Advancements. Location (Newark is not a good place to live, most people live at Columbus, and that's a 40ish minute commute)
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, OHOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work and be able to work your way up. Friendly co-workers. You have a set schedule. You have the ability to work at different offices for more hours of you wanted too .
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Slow paced
Great bank pay not so good
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 9, 2017
I was a teller and the pay is not very good for the amount of work that is expected. The job is really a personal banker and not just a teller. The compensation for the level of knowledge and work is not accurate.
Local Bank
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 5, 2017
Park National Bank is a great place to work. It gives you the opportunity to advance and move throughout the business and different areas of the bank. There is always room for advancement.
Great place for internship
Banking Security Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 23, 2017
Park National is a very accepting and nurturing work environment with tons of learning opportunities. My experience here was great and if you have the chance to work here you would be remiss to not take it.
Community Focused
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OhioMay 7, 2017
Park National Bank is a community bank that participates in the communities they serve. They have a strong focus on providing a positive work environment and treat employees like family.
Pros
Community focused
Cons
Low employee advancement/compensation opportunties
A very positive and productive place to work. Customer service training was ongoing and customers were the top priority.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 2, 2017
This was always a positive environment to work in, and training was always up to date, with customer service as our main focus. People were well treated, and we had a lot of fun as well as a comfortable place to work, with up to date equipment, and friendly and caring supervision. The work was forty hours a week, with regular paid vacations and holidays. I worked for this company for twenty three years, and would have probably still worked there, but family circumstances brought me to the North Canton area in 2007, so I took early retirement at that time from Park National Bank.
Productive - Good place to start a career
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 25, 2017
PNB is a good place to get your career started. They offer a pension plan along with good health benefits and much more. My job as a complaince specialist is very laid back and allows you to work at your own pace and on your own unless you have questions. Very good workplace culture and my department has been very welcoming and helpful when it came to adjusting. I have learned a lot regarding mortgage regulations along with consumer loans. A lot of valuable information that you can transfer on to future jobs and good knowledge.
Pros
Valuable knowledge
Cons
Lower paying
Kitchen
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great family atmosphere, good culture. Excellent standards and cleanliness. Great Managers and staff.
Pay too low for what you have to deal with.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 12, 2016
The management is horrible. There is a lot of micro managing and favoritism in multiple departments. The pay is not enough to be able to just suck it up and deal with it. Nobody listens and procedures change without anything being said.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Management, pay
Fun workplace
Intern - Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2016
Laid back company. They are a very good stepping stone company that is based solely in Ohio. Very involved and encourage constant improvement within all departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.