Park Nicollet Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 9, 2018
PN is an awesome place to work and the only reason I left was because I relocated. They really care about their employees and they do the best job at making sure you have the right training and will succeed.
Pros
Great benefits
Corrupt and crooked management, favoritism, immature
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 5, 2018
I will never recommend working for Park Nicollet to anyone. I don't have enough bad things to say about the management I was under while working here. They are lazy, back stabbing, untrustworthy, megalomaniacs. Never listened to their employees, never stepped up when short staffed, which was always. Incredibly unacommodating to employees health and medical issues, ironically. Played favoritism amongst workers. The power clearly went to their heads. Never again will I work for these people.
Flexible and very rewarding environment
Rehab Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 7, 2018
A very rewarding environment to work in with lots of fun staff members. Always something to do or that can be done so the day goes by fast. Lots of hands-on patient care so a good place if you want a career using what you may have learned in school and apply it in the real world.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
big learning curve but overtime its really easy
Not enough potential for promotion
Hospital/Clinic Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 10, 2018
Supervisor was not making sure that enough people were manning the phones for a hospital or clinic. Too many call in the que. Too much hiring of friends and people who are retired and no longer need a job so they are lax in their performance and shifting most of the work onto people who need a job to support themselves.
Pros
health and dental benefits
Cons
supervisor hiring friends and retirees who don't pull their weight
Not a good place
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNJune 2, 2018
The lab manager needs to be replaced at the st louis park...very rude and judgemental. Double standard..bad hours.i will not recommend this place.poor management
Cons
Poor manager (st louis park)
Greatt place to work amazing benefits
Medical Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 1, 2018
Opportunity for growth is great here there are several location to choose from. The career opportunity's are great and also as long as you have been with one department for a year you can then move to any other specialty department within Park Nicollet
Pros
1 hour breaks in most departments
Fun environment
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 22, 2018
Park Nicollet was fun and friendly. They did things for staff like Christmas dinners and Halloween candy. Staff seem to stick around for a long time. Clean and organized.

Management was friendly and you didn’t feel micro managed.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Not likely to re-hire anyone.
Amazing Job
Medical Receptionist III (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 21, 2018
Park is amazing. Management is not great at certain clinics. I would never leave if I had a supportive manager. It is hard to move up within the company if your manager doesn't support you and she only supports those who constantly seek her approval.
If you want a set schedule Park Nicollet is not the place for you
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 21, 2018
They have poor management, Set schedules change when management needs you, send you to other locations, use you as on call or float. The position and fte you applied for may not be what you get when you are on the floor.
Pros
Great Doctors and Nurses!
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Great place
Assistant Manager Cpap Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 17, 2018
Park nicollet is a great place to work, Taught me so much in the field and what i want to do in the future. Coworkers are great and lots of Coffee shops for those who love caffeine like me
Pros
Coffee, environment, culture
Cons
parking
Culture depends on the clinic site
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNApril 2, 2018
Some are incredibly backstabbing and horrible management and others are heaven. Job is easy enough and a very safe culture is supported. Breaks, CAP requirements all very respected. Get a good clinic manager and you're in heaven.
Exhausting and Monotonous
Student (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis ParkMarch 9, 2018
No room for a life outside of work. So clique-y, it felt like I was back in high school. I worked with full grown adults and I guess I just expected more from a company that’s held in such high regard for teamwork.
Old school rigid management
Nursing (Current Employee) –  St Louis ParkMarch 8, 2018
Unwelcoming environment for newer employees especially if you are a person of color joining a department of historically Caucasian staff. Limited opportunity for advancement and stagnant nursing practices.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Limited diversity, short staffed, rigid leadership that is not open to current nursing practice
Park Nicollet is a terrible workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMarch 2, 2018
I never worked for a company less accommodating for my medical issues than in my one job in healthcare. I would never work here again or recommend anyone else does.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor management, no sick days although you work with sick people
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNFebruary 21, 2018
I process calls from, patient's doctor's office and insurance companies.
I explain how claims are processed, set update patient account by adding insurance information for billing. Take payment and set up payment arrangements.
Cons
No paid Holidays
Poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Working with PN the pay is competitive BUT this is not a company for people with children being that getting time off is next to non existent. So if you care about your health or the health of a loved one this isn’t the company for you . My medical condition was used against me and was said to me as i cant have similar symptoms with something else going on or that i cant POSSIBLY BE CONTAGIOUS due to my medical condition . Will blantly disrespect you and want you to go against employee health guidelines and will give you a medical diagnosis as if theyre a medical doctor! Employee relations DO NOT answer phone calls you can call from morning and evening with no response.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Vacation time, management
Nice place to work
Frontline Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN 55427February 15, 2018
Sometimes stressful and other times relaxed. Nice place to work, nice people and boss. Management is good at the clinic I work at. Hardest part of the job was difficult patients. Easiest part was working with the other employees. Very supportive.
Pros
nice enviroment
Overall, great company!
Switchboard Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 7, 2018
My only issue is the manager I had. Their unpreparedness, lack of organization and frequent outburst created a negative work atmosphere. They also did not staff properly, which cause last minute coverage to be needed. This created an imbalance in work and home.

Overall the company has great focus on patient care and is ethical. I would certainly work in a different department than I do.
Benefits
Cons
They are manager specific
Terrible management, favoritism, immaturity
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNFebruary 6, 2018
I went to “local” nursing homes, group homes and assisted livings and drew blood and picked up lab samples. I say “local” because I often went to Isanti, St. Cloud and Waconia a couple times a week. I never heard a “good job” or “great numbers”. It was all about how fast you could go and how many sticks you could get in. Management was lazy and showed favoritism amongst coworkers. If you weren’t a favorite, you got the brunt of the work - aggressive patients, answering phones, late schedule. I was never done on time - usually an hour or two after my shift was supposed to end. I was, and still am, disappointed in this department.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor communication
Park Nicollet
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJanuary 19, 2018
I learned a lot working at Park Nicollet over the years, both professionally and in personal relationships with co-workers. I gained many life lessons working there...about integrity, responsibility, and overall strong work ethic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park Nicollet. Our community is ready to answer.