Park Place Nursing Facility Employee Reviews

Been a CNA for 20 years and this is the worst facility i have worked for..Managers dont know how to talk to you and the workload is very heavy and sho
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 28, 2018
Workload is very heavy..Managers in high ranked dont know how to treat and correspond with you..many reasons why staff leave..No fair treatment and your not recognized plus turnovers awful n work shortage
Pros
Cons
Heavy workload .rude managers
Residents are amazing.
Wound Care Specialist CNA (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 9, 2018
The residents in this facility are amazing. They have so many wonderful stories and interesting histories. Caring for other's at the end of life can be difficult but knowing I gave good care was wonderful.
Great Work Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAMarch 25, 2018
Great work place. Love the location, flexibility, pay, and the friendly employees always a chance to grow here and learn new things . Been here for several years with no intention to leave anytime soon.
Great place to start out at and possibly stay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALMarch 7, 2018
I like that even though i was fresh out of high school, they did not treat me as a child. They got to know me and helped me when ever help was needed. They taught you at your pace and let you gain experience by trying things on your own until they know you can do it on your own.
Pros
Low costing Lunch, Very undersanding
Cons
There are some people who do not fit in the above description, but that's for every job.
maitianing
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2017
I busy through out the day How to work hard, great supervisor, everyday subject to change, multiple jobs titles, I made it though the day al task done
Pros
paid well
Cons
not enough help
Overnight shift are understaffed
Night Shift LIMA (Current Employee) –  OFallon MODecember 21, 2017
Most nights the aides working 12 plus hours per night are understaffed. Employees call in at the last minute and most of time, management does not answer their phones. The third shift gets blamed for everything and the good workers are treated just as disposable as the awful, unreliable employees. It is hard on your body to work third shift and many of the residents in assisted living should be in nursing homes. Park Place is not a nursing home. Medications are usually provided late due to lack of staffing. The night shift does housekeeping duties and is expected to monitor residents at the same time. It is a stressful job that is not managed well. There is no charge nurse, therefore, nobody is supervised at night. Most aides are not trained CNA's so the more advanced employees are expected to do most of the work while others are allowed to do nothing. Turnover is huge!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Insurance is high
enjoyable
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALNovember 16, 2017
I really enjoy working and helping the patients with their daily tasks. Somedays are tougher than others. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the patients know you by your name and know they can count on you to make them as comfortable as possible.
good pay but not the best management
Housekeeping/Maintenance/server/dish washer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 12, 2017
I learned to be more social. I enjoyed talking with the residents and getting to know them. The residents were definitely the best part of the job. The management definitely needs work. The people who work the hardest and most are unappreciated and used. If you did them any favors they would expect you to do the same favor over and over.(such as work holidays or cover shifts)
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad managment
its ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GASeptember 6, 2017
Park Place is a great way to start off your career into nursing. However there isnt much room for advancement in the facility with only your cna. you would still need to go get another degree to further your career and salary.
The good reveiws were written by management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJune 18, 2017
CNA's literally leave this job in tears. ..The work load is extremely heavy....all manual equipment ..Patients are changed during tray passes...Infection control issue...12 long hrs of work with extremely high insurance...that takes the bulk of your pay...Nurse's who will not answer a light to save their souls.Nurse's work short also ....They will hunt you down rather than trying to assist the patient themselves..THE CNA'S could be up to THEIR elbows in feces or giving a Shower and they still say You need to go to this or that room...they only have two hands...CNA's aren't appreciated here or a lot of other facilities....State needs to do a check on how employees are being treated....

PROTECT YOUR BODY YOU ONLY GET ONE. ....NURSES DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HARD THE WORK IS...IT's overwhelming. ....I was a CNA first so ik what it's like ...WITHOUT GOOD CNA'S THE BUSINESS IS BOUND TO FAIL
Pros
great CNA's
Cons
barely can get a break, management is unprofessional, and 12 hr shifts at a manual facility is too much on the body, 12 hrs non stop movement
Clean workspaces, and excellent cooks and dishwasher
Server/Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 13, 2017
Though two of the cooks and the manager changed their jobs about the same time I did...The cook and other staff that stayed did their jobs excellently. Very organized and great skills overall; They knew how to do their jobs, and executed them proficiently.
Pros
Great work environment, free-food after service, great nursing staff
Cons
Short breaks
great work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJune 5, 2017
I took care of at least 10 residents daily, loved my residents & their family. Great team work on my hall. Lpn's are VERY helpful when needed on the floor. I enjoyed my work experience there.
Pros
4 breaks & family treating you like family
Cons
not always fully staffed / rude attitudes
Hard work.
(CNA)-Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 16, 2017
I did not enjoy having such long days! Its not the worst nursing home I have ever heard of.I feel that the CNA's have to heavy of a work load. You don't get enough time with the actual patient.
Typical dead end job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAFebruary 20, 2017
No teamwork. CNA's are treated as if they are dumb & don't know anything. Some charge nurses are rude & LAZY, act like they can't answer call lights. Upper management lacks social skills when talking to CNA's. Workload is terrible. Sometimes 20+ patients to 1 CNA on nightshift. Broken hoyer lifts and vital equipment. Some patients have crank beds. Kitchen staff is rude. I really don't recommend anyone work here. Poorly managed facility with no sick days. I could go on but I will stop here. I am so glad I got away from this place! Typical dead end job.
Pros
The pay because it's 12hr shifts
Cons
Extremely heavy workload, No teamwork, Too many people want to be in charge, No opportunity for advancement.
Good clean working environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Enjoy working with co-workers. There are employees that have been with the company for more than 20 years. Good teamwork from nursing staff and management. Unit managers and supervisors strive to help their charge nurses and co-workers. The new DON shows appreciation, brings treats to staff, and her door is always open. Housekeepers though ….can be finicky about what they like to clean. There is no staffing agency used. More opportunity for OT but can leave the shift short. Otherwise good clean working environment.
Pros
Co-workers, Ot
Cons
limited benefits
nice place
Nursing Home (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Very good place love the elderly fun to be around beaks my heart when they pass away love the co-works they where nice and the food was great go shift other staff members we nice as well
Pros
nothing
A lot of work with management that does not care about staff.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 7, 2017
They expect a lot out of you with no incentive or even acknowledgment of a job well done. Some of the staff is very pleasant but those are the ones they drive away because employees that have been there the longest have the worst attitudes and run all over the people who are there to do a good job and do it with a smile. The employees who are trying really hard and busting their butts to do their job and do it well get reprimanded for a small and irrelevant overlook, but the employees who have no desire to do their job well and in the right manner get no discipline because they have been there awhile. They are commonly way understaffed and have yet to understand the reason why. For those who have worked there understand perfectly why they can't keep good staff.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Management among others with bad attitudes. Understaffed. No incentive. Long Hours.
very fast pace and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 1, 2017
It was very enjoyable if you have a giving heart to help others, I learned how to multi task very well. Taking care of 10-12 patients at a time, really keeps you busy
Pros
helping others in need
Cons
you dont have as much help as you should
Horrible Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GADecember 30, 2016
The residents of the facility are sweet people whom you fall in love with and treat as your family. The management and co-workers have no commitment to the residents or other co-workers. Horrible administrator that is more of a dictator and could care less about you as a person.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Horrible management
Home away from Home!
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 6, 2016
A busy environment from caring for others to being organized as well, there is never a dull moment. For the Crew I work with, as well as my Residents, there is nothing I would change about my home away from home.
Pros
Theres always room to improve and excel. Family Orientation.
Cons
Losing someone you have grown close to.