Park Plaza Hospital Employee Reviews

Working here sucks
Dietary Aide and Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2019
Trust me people you don't want to work here. Too many deaths and management sucks. No organization and they don't care about their employees. All they care about is not letting people know that they have a huge turn over rating and can't keep anybody. Since I've been there theirs been at least 30 people come and go in the past 3 years. That's sad. The management has no respect for you and think they can talk to you anyway. They don't give you requested days off even if you put it in writing 2 weeks ahead.
Park Plaza
Cert. Nurse Asst./Unit Secretary/Telemetry tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77004April 1, 2019
Life is good and thankful I had the opportunity to fulfill my career. It was a pleasure I received several great opportunity. My years at the hospital was great.
Clinical Coordinator of the rehab department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2019
Staff was very nice, did not plan of leaving, however with changes in my life i needed to be closer to home. If my family life would allow I would go back in a heartbeat
Pros
great place, nice staff
Small Community Hospital with Family Feel
Bariatric Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2019
While the hospital was owned by the Tenet Corporation it promoted the family feel culture. There were not too many meetings to keep you from completing work tasks. You knew most of your co-workers and got to know patients and families across various departments in the facility.
Pros
Community Feel
Cons
Change in Ownership
summary is below
Pt Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2019
It used to be a good company to work for. Nice people. A relaxed environment. Under new management now. Stressful workplace culture. Hardest part of the day is in the morning, it is very busy. Most enjoyable part of the day is when I leave. There are no perks. Some people work harder than others. I have learned a lot and they have given me new work experiences that I can use in other position.
Best place to learn vasvular exams
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2019
I was an intern, it is a best place to learn all types of procedures. Example Prostate, vascular, biopsy, FNA, Liver biopsy, Thyroid Biopsy, Kidney biopsy...
Pros
Best place to learn
Cons
driving to downtown
Na
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Park Plaza is one of the best place for pharmacy technician to train and have hospital experience. It is also good for Pharmacist to train and have hospital experience too.
No Comment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2019
I have enjoyed my job until this point. When the hospital was taken over by HCA everything changed and the 29 years that I been at Park Plaza Hospital everything changed.
Patient care
Dietary Aide-Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77004January 22, 2019
Answered phone calls for meals requests and other incoming calls and directed them appropriately. Provide nutrition support for people in assisted-living facilities
Ability to represent the Hospital with professionalism
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Committed to placing the patient first. Drove 90 miles to and from everyday as a dedicated employee. Learned how to handle my patients with compassion and understanding. Made my patients feel comfortable and explained the procedure.

Always handled my job with a positive attitude about work, the work environment, and fellow employees.
Pros
Communication was excellent
Cons
The drive during bad weather and traffic
Not Good Place to Work
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
Just a cut throat place there is nothing I can say about this place. Very busy place. Never have enough staff always a problem they would blame registration.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
you never have good team work
It is the best place that I ever worked with very little stress.
SECURITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
I worked at Park Plaza hospital for about ten years. I enjoyed every day that I worked there. The Nurses, Physicians and other staff are the most compassionate, caring people I have ever worked with. I had several surgeries there and they were all a success. I would recommend Park Plaza Hospital for the great work environment as well as the excellent patient care.
Pros
I loved my schedule
Cons
Due to my responsibilities, I could’ve used an additional FTE on the day shift to help me out.
No review
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
A friend of mine had a very terrible experience related to discrimination at work, she is a full time staff. its a very unpleasant situation that has been ongoing for a long time
Poor
Professional Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
Very hard to describe this setting. It seems that one Technician Control the Surgical Setting. And the staff members are afraid to speak up. The Management was not qualified to be in that role.
Very educative
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
As an iv technician, I loved working with admixtures , tpns and the calculaions which helped me at school then. Park plaza exposed to to learning about investigational drugs.
Pros
Fun
Cons
A little tiring as a student coming to work from school
Ok place to work...
Patient Access Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
You can come in with little or no experience and you will be trained. Its not the worse place to work but not the best either. Need good management. No one here work as a team you are pretty much on your own.
Patient care oriented environment
RN II Staff Nurse/Group Leader (Telemetry Unit) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Learning environment for beginners. Cooperation and team work. Free lunch from patient family members and doctors..Gave me the opportunity as a new nursing graduate to have the confidence and knowledge of patient care. The management is caring and flexible with employees needs. A multicultural environment, with collaborative efforts among employees. The hardest part of the job is not being busy at all time. The enjoyable part of the job is working with people that appreciate you as a person.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Having to leave the organization
Great Staff and work culture
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2018
Overall, great healthcare team to work with on night shift. Hospital management is approachable although action can be slow due to corporate structure. The organization offers opportunity for advancement due to the smaller size of the hospital and are good at accomodating scheduling needs. Only real complaint is frequent staff reductions regarding support staff increases nursing workload and potentially compromise the ability to provide great patient care. There is need for unit and equipment updates but these changes are slowly underway.
Pros
workplace culture, opportunities
Cons
staff reductions
OB Gyn's and RNs very fun to work with
LABOR AND DELIVERY AGENCY AND STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
began working @ Park Plaza as an Agency RN f, remianed on contract until the hospital refused to hire Agency RN's, therefore an offer was made and my tenure @ Park Plaza hospital was memorable. Had experience as a " Fetal Demise" liason, took IUFD pt. assignments @ night and new the routine of care of the PP IUFD pt., touchy situation, learned how to communicate with patient and Family well, touching experience.
Pros
Per Diem pay was good
Cons
No housekeeping @ night
not a fun place to work at all.
Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Lot of work and not enough help. Not enough time to finish the work.
I enjoyed the previous manager but didn't enjoy the manager at the time of lay off but I was still faithfull.