Park Plaza Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient care oriented environment
RN II Staff Nurse/Group Leader (Telemetry Unit) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Learning environment for beginners. Cooperation and team work. Free lunch from patient family members and doctors..Gave me the opportunity as a new nursing graduate to have the confidence and knowledge of patient care. The management is caring and flexible with employees needs. A multicultural environment, with collaborative efforts among employees. The hardest part of the job is not being busy at all time. The enjoyable part of the job is working with people that appreciate you as a person.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
Having to leave the organization
OB Gyn's and RNs very fun to work with
LABOR AND DELIVERY AGENCY AND STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
began working @ Park Plaza as an Agency RN f, remianed on contract until the hospital refused to hire Agency RN's, therefore an offer was made and my tenure @ Park Plaza hospital was memorable. Had experience as a " Fetal Demise" liason, took IUFD pt. assignments @ night and new the routine of care of the PP IUFD pt., touchy situation, learned how to communicate with patient and Family well, touching experience.
Pros
Per Diem pay was good
Cons
No housekeeping @ night
not a fun place to work at all.
Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Lot of work and not enough help. Not enough time to finish the work.
I enjoyed the previous manager but didn't enjoy the manager at the time of lay off but I was still faithfull.
I would work at that environment again.
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
The company is an awesome close working group of individuals. I always felt secure. Great working with the people and for the company. Room for learning and teaching.
Pros
Feeling appreciated
Benefits
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2018
The environment is very welcoming and has many opportunities for growth for the employees. The management shows genuine interest in what employees have to say.
geat place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
was data and assess appropriate complexity level. maximized efficiency, reduce delinquency and increase accuracy of the billing department by developing system improvements.
Great place to work.
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
Great place to work back in those days.
Great management, salary, over all a great place..
I loved my experience there in the radiation oncology department.
the doctors there, management, and nurses were all great people!
I cannot say anything negative about this place.
Very productive
CLIENT RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE/HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Working at Park Plaza was my first job , and I learned much about the Business part of the Medical field. I learned how to post cash and understand Ins Explaination of Benifits and Hospital charges.
Pros
Gave yearly raises
Cons
Short lunch
N/a
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
Working in Park Plaza Hospital in dietary helped me develop new skills. However, management in general is horrible. Treatment towards their employees shows lack of confidence and dedication to progress. Administration and other higher ips in the hospital need to keep an eye kn how workers are being treated.
Great
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
Fast paced and friendly environment. Everyone worked together. Benefits were great. Incentives included paid vacations at hire and even tuition reimbursements.
Facility
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
They always have great opportunities to grow and develop. You can find yourself learning a lot and the team is friendly. the hospital is unique and warming.
ok
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
good location for transportion the rail and local buses all pass near by so getting to work is ideal in any direction in the city and very near downtown and the medical center
Pros
location in the city
Cons
under staffed
Not a good place to work
Registered Nurse-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The work was good but there had been 10 managers in 10 years so there was a lack of leadership. Call was 3 or 4 days a week and you were expected to work a full day the following day even if you had been there all night.
Great employees team work
ICU Medical/Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
A typical work day was fast paced, Changed on a daily basis after all you are working in the ICU. I learned a lot. My manager was wonderful. Hardest part of the job no CNA or patient care assistant in the ICU, nurses had to help each other which could put you or them behind, but it didnt matter. It could be alittle unorganized when you had to transport a ventilator dependent pt to MRI or CT. Sometimes your patient got pushed back for a procedure.
Pros
staff members
Cons
Tripling patients daily.
Slow pace job
Phlebotomist / process specimens (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Company is diverse. Slow moving to making change and hours not always guarantee. the job will be suitable to someone that do not depend on money for taking care on necessary responsibility.
Pros
short lunch breaks
Cons
N/a
We were like family
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
We had a solid group of nurses that really worked hard together. We helped one another through illnesses and death. The patient's were very concerned about the well being of the staff as well as their own.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Abrupt 12hour shifts
Ok
Manager of C.T (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Busy, some stress,

Management, about quota.

Ok environment but ready to name fault.

Security, a job.

Enjoyable, the patients.

Mistakes are punitive.
Very good team players.
Nurse Tech level 3 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
The work environment was very balanced. It had great team players. The workplace culture enabled balance between work and personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job was patients being satisfied with the care given.
great place to work
OB Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Was a great place to work. Like the people . If the labor and delivery department was still open I would work there again if given the chance. The doctors and staff was fun a to work with.
Pros
good staff
Cons
traffic was bad
good job, caring for patients was the primary goal
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
It was a great JOB UNTIL THEY CLOSED THE MOTHER-BABY unit and we were pulled to units we were not familiar with. Report received, meet patiemts,serve bkf./am care, give meds, do orders, post op care
Pros
loved my patients
Cons
stressful, being pulled