Park Ridge Park District Employee Reviews

Great management staff and good place to work as a first job
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 12, 2018
Everyone at the Park Ridge Park District was extremely friendly and they made coming to work not even seem like a job. It was fun working with the kids there and getting to interact with people of all ages.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours to work
relaxed setting with positive managers
Pool Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILApril 22, 2018
Park Ridge Park District is a great place to look for summer work if you are a high school or college student. The pay is well and the managers are nice and understanding.
na
Building Attendant/Pool Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It is a great place to work at. Most part-timers just work with a full-timer and assist them in their day to day activities. The place is split up into buildings and grounds.
Good high school job
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Very flexible working hours, excellent seasonal employment. I had a great relationship with my manager, who was very understanding and easy to communicate with. Shifts can be very boring, but with that comes no physical labor or exhausting hours in the sun.
Pros
Easy work, incredibly flexible hours
Cons
Mind numbingly boring at times, Customer Service sometimes isn't great
Excellent culture
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILDecember 26, 2017
Hard work, excellent support staff and management. Doesnt pay the best, but has an amazing "feel" and business culture. Employees are trained and customer service, both internal and external, is a priority.
productive, and good way to make money and take care of your day
Garbage collector (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILDecember 14, 2017
Park Ridge park district was an average place to work at, starts early in the day and you get off around 3 or 3:30.wide range of different jobs to do there. from a the grass crew to some construction, to maintaining the public pools, to getting garbage from the cans.
fun place
Taekwondo Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILApril 28, 2017
overall fun place to work. coworkers would take time out to feel out what was going on in a given situation. fairly smoothly run in order to get the work done.
Promoting safety in a fun work environment
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILAugust 26, 2013
Typical day included opening the pool around five in the morning, doing a chemical reading for the pool, checking first aid, AED, and oxygen. I lifeguarded the pool during both quiet and busy hours. I learned from my management about being prompt to every shift, being confident in my first aid and CPR skills, and being personable to the pool patrons. I also learned how to work well with my fellow co-workers. The hardest part was dividing my time between lifeguarding, teaching lessons, and coaching swim team. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing first aid when needed and promoting safety.