Park Royal Hospital Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Unethical Practices
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 10, 2018
I worked at Park Royal for almost a year. Aside from poor management and lack of proper staffing, expect to do the job of two or three people on any given day with little appreciation or financial remuneration. Such is life at many jobs, but when you factor in a Medicare Fraud Investigation being conducted in conjunction with a new CEO and management that expect you to engage in unethical practices, this is where you have to ask yourself where you draw the line. For me it was a clear cut decision. The mantra of Park Royal Hospital is 'Profits Before People.'
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Unethical practices, micro-management, and a philosophy of profit before patients
Sometimes it was fun
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 8, 2018
When I first started to work there it was a nice place to work. You work 12 hour shifts, you off weekend consist of Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I loved working with the patience.
Pros
Kitchen staff was great.
Cons
Breaks were hard to take at times.
It was criminal what they did to keep patients there
Baker Act Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 3, 2018
I would never advise anyone to work there. They were under staffed and treated the staff they did have like they were second class citizens. They did not understand the Baker Act Laws and the administration did not seem interested in educating the staff.
Pros
pay
Cons
criminals running the olace
Park Royal Drama
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 12, 2018
When I arrive at work most of the time it's a very hectic day, especially on Tuesday and Thursday being understaffed and having visitation from family members at the same time. It makes your 1 hour seems like a 10 hour of work. There's never no downtime to recoup and the administration knows of the problem but will not fix it.
Pros
Staff members become like family members
Cons
You'll never know whether you will have a job at this unstable facility
Dangerous both for staff and patients, understaffed, poorly managed.
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 16, 2018
Poor place to work dangerous enviorment, have some very good staff being mismanaged, nursing manager who has abandoned her staff at crucial times. Read the NewsPress half of what happens you will never know. Govt sited PRH understaffed.
Pros
Line staff good, facility enviorment ok.
Cons
Poorly lead and managed.Dangerous enviorment.
good staff, bad press
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 10, 2018
I am so tired of the people who are constantly criticizing PRH. LEAVE!!! I have worked as a nurse for a long time and there's good and bad everywhere. Work in a big city hospital and you won't ever know administration(unless you're in trouble). Our new CEO has a lot on his plate but I am confident that he will change things for the better. I trust him completely. He doesn't seem to be all talk. Our CNO has been raising the standards of care and will not tolerate the deadbeats. Our ACNO is always there if you need her. She's fair, backs her nurses and just expects you to do your job. She will always try to accommodate her staff if possible. If she sees you doing something wrong, she will privately correct you and will only take further action if your hand calls for it. All 3 top tier, in my opinion, are working hard to rebuild the reputation of PRH which has been tarnished by miserable, disgruntled people who need to focus on themselves and not blame others for their problems. PRH has done alot of good and will continue to do more. Patient care is a priority and we are always available to the community. To me no day is typical due to the variety of patients and their diagnosis. I have learned so much re: psych nursing from the MD's who are always willing to teach whether it be about mental health disease, medications, behaviors, dementia. They are definitely a reference point and approachable. I am much more confident with the legal process of a Baker Act mainly due to the knowledge and patience of a lady who coordinates all the BAs. She is a wealth of information  more... who never seemed annoyed with my constant questions. And the week-end Pharmacist, from day 1, has been explaining, reviewing actions, se, and the purpose of psychotropic meds. These are only a few of the people at PRH that have a vested interest in having their employees succeed. I'm not going to say the job is easy(any nurse knows that dealing with different personalities is stressful) but when I go home I feel good knowing I helped at least one person and I'm sure my coworkers feel the same way.  less
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
community gossip, bad press
Registered Nurse
PRN - Part Time Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 4, 2018
As with all hospitals, there are stressors from patient care to dealing with various personalities in administration. The nursing staff here are overwhelmingly caring and compassionate. While the hospital has undergone some stresses and administrative changes as of late, I still recommend this is as a place of employment.
Pros
Nursing staff competent and professional
Cons
Techs aren't CNAs, turn over in admin staff.
there is not enouch for the patiens to do
Technician / Driver / Assistant Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 23, 2018
its a very hard place to work because the patients are mentally challenged often times backer acted and plain and simple don't want to be there. the hospital is not properly staffed its dangerous for the workers because of this.
Pros
there is noting free anymore for the employee's
Cons
you must be paying attention for patients are trying to kill them selves and
Great co-workers
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 29, 2017
Reviewing unpaid accounts to resolve problem issues. Calling insurance companies for a status on unpaid claims. Disputing reasons for non-payments and denials. Submitting appeals when necessary.
Fast pace but nice co-workers.
Hard getting correct insurance information from patients.
Seeing patients getting help they needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper Management at time leaving (has now improved)
keep eyes on patients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 2, 2017
check on patients, hand out snacks, talk to patients, admit patients, always keep your eyes on the patients, walk around and see that every things ok, assist on other floors with codes when needed, do vitals, wake up patients for meds, help patients with laundry,
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
not enough help
Management is okay, pay sucks.
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLAugust 24, 2017
You are not a behavior health tech. You're security. You spend all your time out side. The pay is $9-10.50 and hour. They don't give bonus, or pay raises. This is a billion dollar company, and they act as if they can't afford to pay someone a $1.00 more. The co workers are ok. Some difficult. No one works as a team. Which The management thinks the tech department never does anything right. It's always "what we can do better" extremely short staff. Turnover rate for tech department high.
Pros
Seeing pt lives change, easy job
Cons
Low pay, short staff, no, no one appreciates hard work.
park royal
Director Business Development Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 22, 2017
it was a start up operation which is always very challenging and exhilarating at the same time. Lots of opportunities to use all my skills sets every day
Productive and overall good working environment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company. Management is fair and it a great facility. The people are friendly, good team players and the working environment was clean and easy to work in
administartion issues
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2017
needs work, administration is currently restructuring.
Nursing staff needs recruits.
Mental health technicians need more thorough training.
CEO needs to do more the boost morale.
Pros
my unit team
Cons
pressure from corporate
Review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 24, 2017
While I have been working at this company for quite some time. I have chosen to refrain from making a review. I am still working for this company and I would not like any negative remarks to be seen by my employer.
Please take note of all the open positions!!
PCT (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 1, 2017
TrustPoint Hospital has so many open positions because they can't keep staff. Just ask around. The reputation in the community is horrible. Management has inappropriate relationships with physicians/staff. Other management is completely incompetent. Do yourself a favor and don't bother. Let this ad speak for itself. Look at all the open positions and the referral bonus.
Change in Management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 28, 2017
The facility is gorgeous but is in need of new management with experience in the field. I believe this Hospital could be a great benefit to the community if ran by a company with a proven track record.
this company has to much turn over
Insurance Collection Specialist/front office (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 17, 2016
poor office director/lies to upper management Ceo has no clue on the care for patients and its all about making money and not helping the sick people.
Pros
Cons
everything they cant keep employees
Bad Management and Not Enough Employees to do the work.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 29, 2016
Park Royal Hospital sounds like it would be a great place to work but once I got the job things went down hill very fast for the worst.
The management team gets bonuses while the normal staff has to get all the work done while being understaffed and underpaid.
I worked there for over 1 year and 4 months and never got a raise or a job review.
My dedication and hard work was never appreciated by the management but only criticized.
Hourly raises were promised to me and other employees and they were never given to the employees that really deserved it.
The management doesn't want to pay the staff competitively compared to other facilities in the area.
There was 3 different Risk Managers, 4 different CEO's and 5 different Nurse Managers the short time I worked there but most of them only cared about themselves.
I tried to make things better while I was there and make the management aware of the issues but the management only seemed to care about themselves and the money and bonuses that they were receiving.
It's a shame that they don't care about the low level employees that are doing all the hard work while the management is taking all the money and credit.
Just look at the other reviews and you will see the same issues.
Somehow things need to be changed but good luck!
Pros
It's a job (sarcastic)
Cons
Bad Management
High Replace rate due to multiple managers leaving
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 1, 2016
Typical day was caring for clients recovering from dementia on the geriatric wing. My floor was a wonderful place to work, but I think there was an issue in management. We had 3 new DON'd in less than 1 year