Park West Gallery Employee Reviews

Interesting Industry, Great Opportunities
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 7, 2019
I knew very little about Park West when I decided to join the team. But, I have enjoyed the work I am doing because it is interesting, often times different each day, and I have the ability to bring new ideas to that table and work on projects that I actually enjoy being part of.
Pros
Management is approachable, coworkers are friendly and helpful, business is growing!
A Fast-Paced Gallery = A Rewarding Career in the Art Field
Sales (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 1, 2019
I have been with the company for 6.5 years and overall it has been an influential career for me. My first few years with Park West Gallery I worked as an Art Associate/Auctioneer on the cruise ship galleries. I now have a sales position at the main gallery/museum. In both environments the positions were fast-paced, yet fulfilling. There are goals and exceptions given, however to be successful it is about your work ethic and persistence to accomplish tasks at hand. Any employee of Park West needs to understand how hard they work is pertinent to their own success.

I found the management to be positive from the very beginning of my career. There are some individuals who are more supportive, and others who provide more guidance, but as long as your goals align with the gallery's goals, management seems to have your best interest in mind.

If you are passionate about the art Park West offers and are able to relay this to clients, a career at the gallery becomes less challenging and even more rewarding. Assisting clients with art and having a shared passion is the most enjoyable aspect.

Park West is a global gallery, not a small local gallery, and with that comes certain expectations, competitiveness, and need to be adaptable. Whether working for the gallery at sea or on land, if you have a vision of your goals and work hard, you will thrive with a career at Park West Gallery.
Pros
Travel, Large Art Inventory to Offer Clients, Positive Work Enviroment
Dynamic, exciting place to work
Creative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 1, 2019
I didn't know much about Park West before I started working here, but I enjoy the work and the culture very much. It's a global family-owned business that's thriving, which is a rarity these days. The cruise/travel aspect of the business allows us to deal with major cruise companies all over the world and connect with travelers/art fans around the globe. I have to say, after working in other industries in the past, I find something really pleasing on a karmic level about selling art. People don't buy our art because they need it - they buy it because they want it. Because it makes them happy and that's an excellent feeling. We're not meddling insurance or mortgages. People come to use because they're looking for beauty. That makes it easier to get up in the working and go to work than other places I've worked.
Pros
Thriving business, some fun travel, nice perks
Cons
Wish they were more schedule flexible
Travel the world while making money and advancing your career
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 18, 2019
One of the best chapters of my life. I wish I never have left but I had to move on land at one point. For those who doesn't know what Park West Art Gallery is its one of the largest privately owned art galleries that operates onboard multiple cruise lines. So when you work here you basically live on a cruise ship. It was perfect for me and anyone who loves art, helping people collect it, travel the world, meet hundreds of new people every week,make life long memories. If you work hard, the world is your oyster. In Park West there's all kinds of career advancement programs that help you move up in the company, art gallery conferences that constantly help you improve your knowledge to share it with collectors. You work in a team, that every contract becomes your family. Most of my best friends are people I met there. I could write a book on how amazing it has been. But they probably wouldn't publish it on here. To cut the story short to anyone who is thinking about applying here. Just Do It. I promise this will be the best decision in your life.
Pros
Cons
Have to be away from your family for months at a time
It's never too late to totally change your career and not have to take a salary dip.
Art Associate (Current Employee) –  Sailing out of Miami Florida.March 21, 2019
The hardest part of this job is that you've never done anything like this before, however there is also nothing more exciting than taking on a new career path and learning something new.

If you're geared up for sales, passionate about connecting with people and have always wanted to travel the world then Park West is an excellent platform to learn, grow and sail across the globe.

Your ship and its itineraries will define where you are and your work schedule. In short, your job entails connecting guests with the art gallery and showcasing the auctions, which happen mostly on sea days, along with all the preparations that go into making each cruise a success. However there is so much more, and if you're driven, this is a work culture that allows you to learn, earn and succeed by how much effort you put in.

The only con is ship life isn't for everyone, but I personally have made incredible friends, peers that I am richer for knowing.

There is no job like this.
Pros
You get paid to travel the world. and you get paid well.
Cons
Your success is defined by your work ethic, your drive and your humility. Like any truly great career path, dont expect to shine, if you aren't prepared to put in some elbow grease.
A meritocracy where only you are the person who can prevent yourself from advancing and growing!
Art Associate (Current Employee) –  Cruise ShipsMarch 12, 2019
Working at Park West completely changed my life. I had a fairly decent paying job, and my salary increased 5x after one year in the company. If you are prepared to work hard, study and train, you will be rewarded with large earning potential and career progression. The sales training you receive is second to none, and you have the oppertunity to work alongside some incredible sales people and public speakers.

The social side of working on ships is fantastic, if you are a people person who enjoys meeting interesting people every day. (If you are not, you shouldnt be in sales!).
Pros
World class sales training, rewarded for working hard
Cons
Away from home for 6 months at a time
Un buen ambiente de trabajo
Calidad y control (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 12, 2019
Mi evaluación para park west gallery es de 5 estrellas ,ya que es una compañía el la cual valoran tu trabajo , te recompensan y estimulan como se lo merece una persona ,al la que dedica 8 horas o más de trabajo, dando lo mejor de sí .Es un ambiente relajado y coordinado muy bien por los supervisores de cada turno .
Pros
Te ofrecen seguros médicos, vacaciones, días de enfermedad
Cons
Deberían pagar un mejor salario, ya que las personas que trabajan o an trabajado hay se lo merecen, por tan buen trabajo realizado.
Unique opportunity for those who love the art world
Art associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 12, 2019
Park west is a unique animal that allows you to digest and show the beauty of art to your clients on a daily basis all while being in the fast pased world of sales. You get to travel the world on a cruise ship and this has been one of the best and most unique job I have ever posessed. The company is growing fast and listens intently to its workforce, which in this day and age is a rarity. The hours can be long but in the end you get used to it, and I enjoy it immensely.
Pros
Travel, food, room and board
Cons
Just depends on who you are. I dont have any cons.
Incredibly enriching job. Both financially and personally
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOMarch 12, 2019
Park West will open doors for you that you didn't even know existed. You will learn life skills in first hand experiences, you will travel the world and make friends for life. It is hard work but fun work. You will find Park West extremely rewarding both financially and personally.
Pros
Travel & personal development.
Travel the world and save for the future in an exciting commission based sales position
Art associate (Current Employee) –  Cruise ship basedMarch 11, 2019
Salary and benefits directly correlate to the effort put in, as a team work towards achievable sales goals and targets.

Living onboard a luxury cruise ship from one of the world’s leading fleets with no immediate outgoings provides the opportunity to save a much higher percentage of your income than most land based jobs do. This allows the ability to financially set yourself up for the future whilst travelling the world working with like-minded ambitious young professionals.
Pros
Incredible opportunity to save close to 100% of your income
Cons
Working 6 month contracts at a time
Stay Away
Auctioneer former manager (Former Employee) –  Many shipsMarch 11, 2019
All of their salespeople come from countries with low wages. They lie to you: claiming you will make thousands of dollars a week. What they don't tell you is if you do not hit their very high targets Park West will bill you! They fine you for mistakes: forget to get a customer's email or phone number, that's a $50 fine first offense $100 second. Even if the person refused to give you their information or didn't have an email.
You will pay for your own flight to Miami for 10 brutal days of training: actually brain-washing.
If you want to work on cruise ships take any other job with a cruise line. PW employees are usually the lowest paid crew on every ship.
Pros
You get to travel
Cons
No free time, low pay and it takes months to get paid
Great workplace to grow as a person and employee while traveling the world.
Gallery Director - Fine Art Sales (Current Employee) –  Cruise Ships all over the worldFebruary 1, 2019
Park West provided a great opportunity to grow in art sales. Management and sales skills are developed while traveling all over the world on cruise ships.
See the world & develop yourself professionally
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2018
A job like no other! Hard work but pays off with no living expenses and a chance to develop yourself professionally while traveling. Amazing opportunity that changed my life.
Pros
Low cost of living, professional and personal growth opportunities, travel!
It will change your life
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
Smart man once said that is the hardest Job you will ever love. It is a job that will push you to your maximum. It will get the best out of you , and if work hard , study hard and strive to br 1% better every day, my friend.. Not even sky would be a limit for you !
Review of my job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
I help people to collect art on cruise ships. Sometimes I need to push a costumer when he or she has any doubts. Ive learned extremely successful sales techniques. If you work hard - you are tired. Usually I eat only once per day because of the schedule’s intensity. My company pays for my hard work fairly.
True Review of a Happy Park West Employee
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
I began working at Park West in 2015. I was referred by a friend and went through the interview process. It all seemed surreal! Could it be true? Such an enormous salary to travel the world and help collectors choose their favorite artwork? I decided to risk it! After spending 3 weeks of hard work at the books, my presentations were ready and so was I for the training class in Miami. I wasn't sure what to expect but when I arrived in Miami I was met with smiles and support. A lot of others too who were in my same situation. They explained to us that nerves were normal and they began grooming us to be art expects. Even though most of us had no art experience at all, they explained that as long as we had learned the presentations we were given, they would teach us the rest during class and once we hit the ships! They paid for our flights and evenly distributed the class of 100 people around the world. Since then life has been a whirlwind of excitement! I come from South Africa and with the exchange rate I have managed to save enough to purchase 3 houses already and am busy buying my 4th. I worked my way up to Auctioneer within the first year (early second contract) proving that with hard work and dedication, its possible to grow quickly. My favorite thing about the company is that when you are ready to be promoted, you will be. They do not hold you back, they want you to succeed. The management team is always there for you to guide and support you too. I have no idea how many countries I have visited as sometimes its a new country each day but I'll estimate 50 plus and most of  more... them I'm been to uncountable times. Working on ships is an adventure in itself and is perfect for someone with sales skills, public speaking talent or just ambition. All the best things in life take a big step but "If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done".  less
Park West Gallery
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
I have been working for Park West Gallery since 2013. There are a lot of jobs on the cruise ship and this is by far the best one. You can make great money and see the world. It's definitely hard work and long hours, but the perks are worth it.
What a job!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
I like the work because I can do it with my husband. we can work and travel the world together. We get to meet many people from all around the world and make friends for life.
Reviewed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
The Best part of the Job is I can do it with my wife. Not many companies let you work as a couple. We Travel the world and meet many interesting people
Two sides to working at sea
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
As with everything in the world, there are positives and more difficult parts to the job. I love working with Park West Gallery. Sea days are your most difficult ones where you work really hard and on port days you get off and enjoy the awesome places you visit. You get off if you aren’t busy with ship trainings or team trainings. It’s a shock to the system at first, if you’ve never worked at sea, but stick it out. It will be worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park West Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Park West Gallery Reviews by Location