Park West Gallery

Park West Gallery Employee Reviews

Long hours but salary pays off in the end, the travelling makes it seem worth it, but if you are not doing it for the money then you are not in the right place.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
This is very much a work hard play hard scenario. Just like any business you need to start at the bottom, and the harder your work you the faster you will reach the top, and as you grow in company so does opportunity to earn bigger salaries. Typically to make this a financially viable option, you need to do this for more than 2years, and be of a nature to not complain.Ive been to 54 countries in 4years, stayed in more hotels and done more international flights than any one I know, but I have learned to become a great public speaker, made great friends, saved alot of money not being in my home country, and all in all, if I can do this again, I wish I done it sooner, and I will do it again anyday.
Pros
Free food and board provided as crew on a cruise ship
Cons
not set work schedule, working on a cruise ship each day schedule change, Unless your in management you will probably need to share a tiny crew cabin with a random person.
No job security whatsoever, even if you work there for years. Lots of employees are often incredibly stressed because of management. Company is moving lots of jobs to an out of state location, so most people at my location will be let go, and that was pre- COVID.
Pros
Cool place to work
Cons
Great perks like travel bur everything else is the biggest horror show you will ever see. The company is based in America but you get paid from the Caribbean. The management is horrible and you will end of easily working over 70- 90 hours a week. Multiple days a week easily working 18 hours plus a week. So good luck enjoying the traveling when you are a zombie on the inside.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Everything else, no jokes everything
Training is fantastic. Upper Management seems like more of a "boys clubs" and very few females are in management roles or looked upon to step up to become auctioneer. Work culture depends on the auctioneer you are working for at the time. The travel is one of the best parts of the job.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
When I first got hired at Park West Gallery, they told me that the schedules would be flexible. This is not true. They force you to do overtime almost every week, and they don't negotiate your personal life. Before COVID-19 became official, they said the systems were down and told us not to come to work for a week. And when some employees asked if we were getting paid for the lost time, they were literally fired. Soon, all of us was laid off. I tried calling a supervisor to see if the opportunity to get rehired or at least talk to the director, and they never returned my calls. The whole thing was really upsetting, because they should have just been straight forward with us. Instead of blatantly lying to not only their employees, but even the customers. The CEO is also infamous for having a bad attitude, and sees everyone as expendables.
Pros
A great place to admire art.
Cons
no schedule flexibility, getting lied to, no direction towards the employees.
I started out when the company was much smaller. I lasted 18 years. Loved the experience, enjoyed working with most of the people there. For me I was successful right from the beginning and got to grow as the company grew.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Time away from family.
I am grateful to have worked for over a year as a photographer. I had the opportunity to contribute my experience to improve the quality of the photos. The bosses are wonderful and respectful. A very healthy work environment.
Great family company love to work here travel all aound the world with a job and people you love wake up at a diffrent place everyday who would not love to have a job like that
PWG owner has created a culture of distrust and all work is reactionary, not planned. There is no flex time, every member is an hourly worker, even if you are salaried, you will have to track your hours and time will be deducted from your vacation without your knowledge. You will not receive payment for vacation if you are separated. They are on crippling technology. They have removed entire IT teams without warning our cause. The culture is reactionary and there exists absolutely little design, planning and strategy. C level leaders last about 3-6 months.
Park West is a very hard company to work for. At trainings you're are told not to sell on investment then you get to the ship and all the top people do. You're expected to sell this way too if you work for top auctioneers. The company knows that people do this and they look the other way if you are making them money. Basically if you are making the company money, you can do whatever you want, your auctioneer can harass you, can get you moved off their ship if you don't do what they want. You don't feel appreciated when you work for Park West if you're not a top person. Hard to succeed and make more than base salary $1400 a month. Sometimes you get paid less and you never get a straight answer from the upper management.
Gran compañia de negocios..y exelente atencion al trabajador
The traveling in this job is amazing but that's the only upside. The managers will yell and punish you while feeling like they're entitled to do so.The work is very physically demanding and there are no days off. Most days are at least 10 hours sometimes up to 20 and the bosses will try to make you work off the clock. The pay can be okay but if you're an American you could make the same salary as a bartender. Most of your coworkers will be from South Africa (they're super nice) as they employ about 70% of the company from there.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Working for Park West with one of the largest art dealers in the world was a huge opportunity to grow as a manager again, starting from the bottom increasing responsibility growth and money. Working for Park West improves your ability to drive every aspect of team management, scheduling, and overall performance gains as the turn over of guests are huge, there is no time to slip as working under pressure is a must.
Overall a great family owned business. They make me feel like family. They Offer all the standard benefits that most companies offer. Great pay compared to the Industry.
no benefits and super bad salary , for the work that I was doing the rate payment is unfair , no days for illness no nothing , no increase salary in time
This company teaches CSR to lie blantantly to the clients about the location of their purchases with no recourse to how to actually handle the situations that are thrown your way. The company actually brings in big money but does not manage to have a hold on anything they do behind doors. Operations are poor, so business is starting to do poorly as well.
Client Service Representative There is no employee handbook, so they will make up rules daily and implement them and if you bring up a handbook they will pull you to the side and try and coax you into believing you don't need it. There is one woman in HR and I believe they just randomly gave her the job. The department is like high school, and that can be looked past, if you weren't consistently lied to. When you interview, they advise and advertise as flexible scheduling, but that is a lie. They give you set schedule of 11-8 or 10-7, M-F alternating Saturdays. They say when you work Sat, you get a weekday off. This is untrue. You will work M-Sat and they call mandatory OT almost every week. So you'll work that full schedule, then have to work more. When I interviewed, they told me they will work around my school schedule. A lie. I had to literally quit for them to recognize that I was a person. They just want you to lie and overwork yourself. That's the literal job. Their systems were "down" and they told us not to come in...they told us everyday for a week not to come in, and myself and a few others were asking about pay, as this was not our faults. The DIRECTOR of client services, a vile and vicious woman (but not worse than the owner), never answered our inquiries. When more people began to speak out about it, she called each of us and fired us. She advised it was under the premise of Covid-19, and that no they would not be paying us for their system failures. DO NOT WORK HERE. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. AT ALL.
No vale la pena trabajar para una compañia que no valora el esfuerzo del trabajador
Pros
Turno de lunes a viernes
Cons
No se preocupan por los trabajadores
Great work to see the world and help people acquiring fine art. Sales orientated work environment in a high paced culture that is result based. All team members are great
Poor and false management roles and titles, no employee handbook, no HR department, no script for calls, calls are recorded without consent, racist clients and supervisors. List goes on. Would not recommend to anyone if you have genuine call center experience.
  1. Employee Reviews