Park West Gallery
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Park West Gallery Employee Reviews

United States208 reviews

Travelling + Working + Meeting new friends

We all got trained in Miami and started off as an associate on different vessels. It was tough at the beginning in terms of the physical work, long working hours, living environments, culture etc. I ended up working as the principal auctioneer for 4 different cruise ships and i feel blessed. Working for PW is one of a kind. You have the opportunities to travel the globe, at the same time, if you are smart and hardworking enough, you'll be able to make decent money. It is also a good platform to train up your 1-1 consultation skills as well as your public speaking skills. You cannot find anywhere in the world that you need to deliver a talk/seminar/auction for at least 2 hours every 2 to 3 days. This job inspires me a lot on how I interact with people from all walk of life, how we can manage an auction program and to achieve company goals on the cruise ship with only a few people (sometimes newbies). I'd highly recommend anyone who are entrepreneurial, confident and consultative to join this company.

Pésimo ambiente laboral

Hay que tener cuidado te suelen descontar de seguros que nunca has solicitado sin tu consentimiento.. no tienen ética

Park West Gallery insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Nepotism, toxic work environment, poor work-life balance

Management is very unprofessional, toxic work environment, low pay, they expect you to work overtime when it’s not needed and work weekends. There is no structure for moving up in the company, management doesn’t train you, your expected to learn on your own.

A full sales environment with the journeys of travel

In all honesty when I first started at park west it was difficult and unwavering. The hours are long over and above the normal. And the stress is consistent, always trying to make target.Now days I can say from my side it can pay well, but you will have to work like never before. If you love sales this is the job for you and after some time you will notice that the more work you put in the bigger and better that pay check becomes

Pros

Great pay for people from a country when basic is low. Can be quite a bit of fun. Travel.

Cons

Short breaks and long hours, require a lot of work and dedication, Not for the faint of heart. slip ups are intolerable

Toxic

Long hours, toxic culture, low pay. If you wanna travel and trade in your life go ahead and do it. If it’s for money, no. A lot of overtime, a lot of unethical means to achieve sales target.

Poor pay, there is no room for advancement despite what the job ad says.

You don’t have the availability to work a flexible schedule. They have certain shifts they will assign to you depending on their availability. You will have to work mandatory overtime ONTOP of the alternating Saturdays you will have to work. Interviewer will say you can take a day off during the week but once you are hired in the department head will not honor this; expect Monday through Saturday. Prepared to get cussed out by clients regularly. And supervisors will pawn off escalated clients onto you, and make you endure awkward abusive situations from clients to run interference for the supervisor you are assigned to. Extremely questionable pay structure and tactics with various employees and peers. Horrible work culture, shady business practices.

Pros

Cons

Many

Changed my life for the better!

My story is not unlike many in Park West. While at home looking for an exciting career change I was introduced to Park West by an employee. Travel the world, make lots of money and meet people from all over the world he said. Sounds to be to be true, right? Wrong! 10 years later I can look back and say it was everything promised and more for me. I have visited over 30 countries, made countless friends and even met my wife while working for Park West. What I have gained from this experience can not properly be measured except to say it helped make me who I am today and set me up for personal and financial success.

Pros

The money, travel, no rent, free food, free medical care while on contract

Cons

Live where you work, long hours, away from home up to 6 months

Great people, Fun Work

I have truly enjoyed my time working for Park West from first being on the cruise ships as an IC, to now transitioning to a shore side position. I feel they are fair, they are encouraging, and if you set your marks and achieve them, then you feel a great sense of growth not only in yourself but also in your work position.

Pros

Exciting Work, Fun Environment

Cons

Communication all around the world (Time Zones), Can turn into long hours if you do not plan accordingly

Fast paced and sales Driven

Long hours but salary pays off in the end, the travelling makes it seem worth it, but if you are not doing it for the money then you are not in the right place.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

Great balance for hard work and travel

This is very much a work hard play hard scenario. Just like any business you need to start at the bottom, and the harder your work you the faster you will reach the top, and as you grow in company so does opportunity to earn bigger salaries. Typically to make this a financially viable option, you need to do this for more than 2years, and be of a nature to not complain.Ive been to 54 countries in 4years, stayed in more hotels and done more international flights than any one I know, but I have learned to become a great public speaker, made great friends, saved alot of money not being in my home country, and all in all, if I can do this again, I wish I done it sooner, and I will do it again anyday.

Pros

Free food and board provided as crew on a cruise ship

Cons

not set work schedule, working on a cruise ship each day schedule change, Unless your in management you will probably need to share a tiny crew cabin with a random person.

Lots of stressed employees

No job security whatsoever, even if you work there for years. Lots of employees are often incredibly stressed because of management. Company is moving lots of jobs to an out of state location, so most people at my location will be let go, and that was pre- COVID.

Pros

Cool place to work

Horror of a company!

Great perks like travel bur everything else is the biggest horror show you will ever see. The company is based in America but you get paid from the Caribbean. The management is horrible and you will end of easily working over 70- 90 hours a week. Multiple days a week easily working 18 hours plus a week. So good luck enjoying the traveling when you are a zombie on the inside.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Everything else, no jokes everything

Great experience. Amazing sales training.

Training is fantastic. Upper Management seems like more of a "boys clubs" and very few females are in management roles or looked upon to step up to become auctioneer. Work culture depends on the auctioneer you are working for at the time. The travel is one of the best parts of the job.

I was excited to work here, but I was disappointed

When I first got hired at Park West Gallery, they told me that the schedules would be flexible. This is not true. They force you to do overtime almost every week, and they don't negotiate your personal life. Before COVID-19 became official, they said the systems were down and told us not to come to work for a week. And when some employees asked if we were getting paid for the lost time, they were literally fired. Soon, all of us was laid off. I tried calling a supervisor to see if the opportunity to get rehired or at least talk to the director, and they never returned my calls. The whole thing was really upsetting, because they should have just been straight forward with us. Instead of blatantly lying to not only their employees, but even the customers. The CEO is also infamous for having a bad attitude, and sees everyone as expendables.

Pros

A great place to admire art.

Cons

no schedule flexibility, getting lied to, no direction towards the employees.

Great company to work for

I started out when the company was much smaller. I lasted 18 years. Loved the experience, enjoyed working with most of the people there. For me I was successful right from the beginning and got to grow as the company grew.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Time away from family.

Productive and professional workplace.

I am grateful to have worked for over a year as a photographer. I had the opportunity to contribute my experience to improve the quality of the photos. The bosses are wonderful and respectful. A very healthy work environment.

Great company

Great family company love to work here travel all aound the world with a job and people you love wake up at a diffrent place everyday who would not love to have a job like that

Be aware, technology ignorant and fearful.

PWG owner has created a culture of distrust and all work is reactionary, not planned. There is no flex time, every member is an hourly worker, even if you are salaried, you will have to track your hours and time will be deducted from your vacation without your knowledge. You will not receive payment for vacation if you are separated. They are on crippling technology. They have removed entire IT teams without warning our cause. The culture is reactionary and there exists absolutely little design, planning and strategy. C level leaders last about 3-6 months.

Not worth it

Park West is a very hard company to work for. At trainings you're are told not to sell on investment then you get to the ship and all the top people do. You're expected to sell this way too if you work for top auctioneers. The company knows that people do this and they look the other way if you are making them money. Basically if you are making the company money, you can do whatever you want, your auctioneer can harass you, can get you moved off their ship if you don't do what they want. You don't feel appreciated when you work for Park West if you're not a top person. Hard to succeed and make more than base salary $1400 a month. Sometimes you get paid less and you never get a straight answer from the upper management.

Buena empresa

Gran compañia de negocios..y exelente atencion al trabajador

It's a scam

The traveling in this job is amazing but that's the only upside. The managers will yell and punish you while feeling like they're entitled to do so.The work is very physically demanding and there are no days off. Most days are at least 10 hours sometimes up to 20 and the bosses will try to make you work off the clock. The pay can be okay but if you're an American you could make the same salary as a bartender. Most of your coworkers will be from South Africa (they're super nice) as they employ about 70% of the company from there.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park West Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight