Parker Drilling Company Employee Reviews

Parker drilling good company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  SahkalinApril 13, 2018
• Preventive maintenance programs for the drilling rig and related mechanical equipment
• Repair minor and major breakdowns on rig equipment
• Rigging up/down the drilling rigs as applicable
• Service, maintenance and diagnostics of the drilling rig equipment
Pros
hhgsgfter
Cons
fgfhd
Learned alot
Motorman (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 16, 2018
Worked as motorman repairing and maintaining all equipment on drilling rig. Pumps triplex and centrifugal, generators,cranes draw works rotary table. also worked with computer maintenance programs.
Worked with some good people at Parker
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 25, 2018
It was a very fast and staedy 12 hours while on tour maintaining all obs to keep pits and shakers and pipe ready for the driller to keep drilling and all well control in place.
great place to work
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Duchesne, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Learned how to throw chain on drilling rig, Good management, the hardest part of the job was tripping pipe, the most enjoyable part working motors. liked working with other employees.
Good company
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 26, 2018
Really good to work for. Great pay and a great people to work with. Very good about safety and keeping us updated on all the new HSE policies and procedures.
I Loved working on the water
Roustabout/Floorhand and Paintier (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 14, 2017
I really love working Off Shore. Being around water is very relaxing & beautiful. People think it's hard work and maybe it is but I love work my butt off because in order to get there you must be there and long as you show the job will take care of itself.
Good Place to work
Boat Captain (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 27, 2017
Its a great place to work when they have work. The vessels are nice and the rigs are clean. Everyone Is friendly and respectful. The rig managers are very helpful when issues arise and the company treats the employees well.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
not a steady job
Good company, great people to work with
Crew boat Captain (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 12, 2017
Enjoyed my job, however, when oil production decreased, work was no longer available. Company was safety conscious and seemed to care about its employees.
Drilling wells and making sure everything stays running.
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 26, 2017
A typical day is trying to keep everything running day by day making sure we have good safety meeting with all personnel on rig on safety and what they will be doing that day when they go to work.The most enjoyable part is at the end of their week that no one gets hurt and go home safe.
3.5 Stars
Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Overall work/life Balance is a 3.5, Some co workers had great mamangers which push for higher pay, bonuses, and promotions but most managers keep their employees where they are at to make their job easier
Pros
Snack and fre drinks
Cons
no advancement
Great job!! loved the long hours and hard work. worked 87.5 hours a week for 3 weeks but also got three weeks off.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2017
I loved the crew I worked with we all 12 of us got along great. Very good teamwork when it came to any issue. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep up with the work load for every one project you would finish 3 more would come up and I was the only mechanic on my schedule, but I learned a lot too because of that. It was a very safety oriented culture. I am proud to say in 12 with Parker and the Navy I never hurt anyone or hurt myself. I took safety very serious. I loved our management from the chief mechanic to the rig manager they were great guys who were even better leaders. I didn't realize how much I didn't know till I got to Parker All of my mechanical skills I learned in the eight year period I was there. A typical day there was doing handover with your relief then checking all the drilling fluid levels, boilers, air heaters, engines, rig HPU, the BOP for any problems and then talking to crew if they had any issues and if not I worked on scheduled Planned maintenance projects.
Pros
the 21 days off you would get after working for 21 days
Cons
there was a lot of stress and I enjoyed the challenge but it probably wasnt good for me
One of my best experiences
VFD/SCR Electrician (Current Employee) –  worldwideAugust 29, 2017
excelent company overall, did what i am passionate for rotational time 27 days in 27 out travel overseas good money good memories, know many places around the world.
Pros
all
i like driving
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 12, 2017
I driver to dock sites dropping off rig supplys an equipment picking up making shore supply an equipment is strapped an chain down securely driving in heavy traffic driving
productive and fast pace
Crane Operator/Rigger (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 22, 2017
If you never worked on a barge rig before will it's a great experience to see how they crammed everything into this vessel to drill holes in the gulf every where.
Internship
Drilling Engineer - Internship (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2017
I gained an internship with Parker for the summer of 2011. This was coincidently the same time that the Liberty Rig Project was shut down, which was a bummer. However they sent me down to Washington for the construction on Parker rigs 272 and 273 in which I was there for 1 month.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Away from home
Great experience
Senior Engineer / Mechanical Engineer Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Parker Drilling (NYSE:PKD) provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.

Parker's international fleet includes 21 land rigs and one offshore barge rig, and it's U.S. fleet includes 13 barge rigs in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and two land rigs in Alaska. Parker's rental tools business supplies premium equipment to operators on land and offshore in the U.S. and select international markets. Parker's project management business includes multiple contracts for the design, construction or operation of customer-owned rigs, including operation of extended-reach-drilling land rigs (also designed and built by Parker) and an offshore drilling platform.

Founded in 1934, Parker has set numerous world records for deep and extended-reach drilling and is an industry leader in safety performance. We leverage our technical and safety leadership, cultivated through decades of project execution in new and emerging global markets, to enhance the efficiencies of our customers' drilling programs.
Great co
Assistant Driller (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 13, 2017
Great co real family oriented really try to have you home for the weekends just had payroll problems when it was time too pay always short of money had to wait
El Ambiente muy bien en el campo
Rig Mechanico supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMay 19, 2017
Siempre en el campo tratamos de hacer todo lo mejor posible para que todo saliera muy bien y un ambiente de trabajo agradable
Pros
Asistencia medica muy efectiva
Cons
Siempre teníamos un bree para tomar cafe
I have never worked at a better employer than Parker Drilling before or since.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2017
This company is different from all my other experiences. I have made lifelong friends that still get together and it was like a small family. They provided extra bonuses like free meals, paid parking and Christmas bonuses as well as personal gifts from the Parker family. They gave us money on our birthday each year also.
Pros
Nice environment and friendly and helpful people
Cons
Didn't get to stay with the company til my retirement.
Fun work i learned alot
Roustabout, Deckhand, Roughneck (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 26, 2017
Met alot of good people and made decent money... had a great schedule but was dangerous and they didn't have good communication skills other than that good company
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks