Parker Hannifin Employee Reviews

Nepotism
Assembly/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJuly 18, 2018
No job security at this place unless your family. Nepotism in full bloom here. Set you up to fail, just needed help to get caught up due to everyone going on vaca.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No job security
Productive and fun place to work
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJuly 17, 2018
Work experience was great. Got along with other associates. Was informed on the preceure of how to perform and complete the orperation . You are trained for one month before you are left to do the work on your on. This made me feel good that they were concern that I knew what I was doing.
Pros
They made you feel like you are part of a family
Cons
Normal breaks
Good Commpany to work for.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 15, 2018
Conservative approach to innovation is a potential downfall. The people I worked with were great. They cared about me and helped me to fit in. Management not so much. A typical day at work, go to morning group meeting followed by focused work. What I learned, Autodesk Inventor. Management, OK. workplace culture, Good. The hardest part of the job, learining procedures and policies. The most enjoyable part of the job, working with great people,
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
no job security
Motivated work environment.
Second Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 12, 2018
Hydraulic cylinder fabrication and production, through receiving, sawing, milling, assembling, painting, palletizing and shipping through strict quality control and inspection.
Coop
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJuly 11, 2018
Its been a while since I worked at Parker. At the time I worked there the people were really nice and friendly. They were very willing to work with me since I was still in school. Overall a good place to work.
Productive place to start a career. Parker helps you develop and grow in the company to further your career.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJuly 11, 2018
Parker empowers its employees in order to make decisions out on the production lines. Typical work day was to find ways to improve productions rates in teams composed of management an production associates.
good company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 10, 2018
good company / people friendly / have a major problem with the turnover in management / your pay is determined by other peoples reviews which isn't fair
Pros
people
Cons
management
Poor management
Second Shift Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 10, 2018
Very poor management. Work is directed to move product out the door and little emphasis in quality. Poor training. Does not look for the most talented employees.
Pros
Cons
Management does not care about employees
Perfect place to work
Ultra High Purity Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 10, 2018
This was by far one of the best places that I have ever worked. The only reason that I left is because my wife and I decided to move back to Georgia to be closer to family
Pros
Great work environment, great pay!
Cons
Nothing bad to say!
Resume Builder & that’s about it
N/A (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 9, 2018
The organization as a whole is decent. There is a wide variety of opportunities to run with; however, there are just as many roadblocks that can get in the way.

My personal Pros:
Growth Opportunities if you fit in.
Mentor/Mentee Program available.
Hot Meals
Incentive programs
Some of the people are really hard workers (some, not so much).

The overall Negatives:
- It’s all about production and less about the people.
- A lot of people have been let go for some pretty dumb things that wouldn’t fly with any other corporation in the area.
- HR has been found to be lacking in more than one area of employee support (I.e, keeping information within their walls and supporting decisions made by management- even after a change in HR management).
- Employee retention is hurting, and people say it’s for this and that, but realistically they just want their references later on down the road (so everyone but HR and the direct report knows the reason for leaving).
- In the past 4 years, I know more than 10 people that have left due to culture, pay, and lack of support or correct advancement.
- The culture and real action ship between the salary and union side of the business is toxic and it scares people away from wanting certain positions.

I’m starting to look for something else (mainly for support and a better culture), so hopefully something bites soon. If it wasn’t for my team and my direct, I would have gave up awhile ago.
Pros
People, growth opportunities
Cons
Culture, lack of support, constant struggle with part shortages, environment
Wish I could have stayed
Vendor Managed Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 9, 2018
My work day started with paperwork then loading the work truck for my daily deliveries. After that I drove to each company and ran their vendor managed inventory systems. This involved unloading my truck, put inventory in assigned locations and entering orders for next delivery. I liked going to many different companies and seeing how they ran their operations. The hardest part of that job was going into union shops and getting attitude from the workers because I was non union
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
none loved that job
Good clean place to work but very hot in the summer.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, TNJuly 9, 2018
I liked my job but can't work in the heat anymore. The people are nice and it's a little more slow paced place. They are fairly understanding of life situations.
slow paced and lack of advancement
Cell Technician (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 8, 2018
It is a good and stable place to work. There is a lack of advancement for anyone without a 4 year degree. The management staff is only concerned about themselves.
Pros
Good hours and no overtime
Cons
poor management
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OHJuly 1, 2018
I enjoy my position as it affords me extensive customer service experience. It is a highly professional working environment and that reduces stressors and allows for a productive atmosphere.
It was a fun place until upper managememt decided to come. Had all my employees clean and clean and clean and it aas never good enough
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSJune 30, 2018
It was ok. Fun people to be around until the witch walked in and everyone stuck there noses in there work spot. Its crazy but also good people there
Pros
Lunches
Productive Work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 30, 2018
It was a good place to work starting out and at the end of my assignment there was no work to be done. When there was work time flew by some parts were contaminated and therefore had to rejected. One line ran bad rejected parts daily.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no management couldn't fix machines properly
Hard work with good benefits
Value Stream Leader (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 30, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Parker, it is a good place to work and has good benefits. Work schedule/hours are long and unpredictable. There is a good working amongst the hourly associates, but some disconnectt with management
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long/unpredictable work schedule
Poor Place to work
Assembler / Tester (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 27, 2018
Loyalty means nothing to this company. They let go of employees just as fast as they hire them. McDonalds pays better than this place. Management has no clue about what's going on with their own employees.
Productive, safe,and always opportunities to learn new jobs in many areas in the plant. My favorite is advancing in job skills which is a major pkus
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Parker Hannifan, Greenfield tnJune 27, 2018
So grateful for this company. The team effort. High performance teams, meetings and daily safety talks. The quality focus is very important there and taken very seriously. That's a huge plus. It has been truly an amazing experience.
Pros
They do show appreciation toward their worker major plus
fun, productive
Bench technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2018
would recommend this company to an entry level bench technician. The learning curve is steep but can be done in the time they give you. Training is a bit lacking
Pros
fun relaxed
Cons
training is lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parker Hannifin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight