Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

lovely
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 1, 2018
This facility is very modern and clean. the staff here are wonderful, they are willing to assist you with any questions or concerns. Everyone is hands-on and pleasant to talk too. They value patient care and integrity, which is very important in a rehabilitation center.
You will be surrounded by an abundance of knowledge...
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Advanced working environment and room for growth. You have so much support around you, once you are willing to learn. Ancillary staff know there patients well and are a great resource to a client status change.
great experience
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 15, 2017
I was only a Pharmacy Tech intern there but my time spent as an intern in the pharmacy was very useful for seeing what it would be like to work in a long term care setting.
Nice place to work frendly staff, fast paces must really be quick at staffing building.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2017
I only work perdiem so benefits are not offered. I enjoy 12 hour shifts. The staff and mangment are very open and friendly. There is always help when you need it. Theres always a doctor on site to complete occurences. Over all a very nice place to work.
Pros
A doctor is always on site to call
Cons
Staffing can get crazy in such a big facility
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 22, 2017
The place itself was great. Enjoyed working there and a typical day was as usual. THE MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT and understanding. The residents helped me whenever I needed help until I was able to hold my own
Pros
Friendly
Intern
Speech-Language Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 20, 2017
Amazing experience. I learned how to conduct dysphagia evaluations. I also had the opportunity to observe flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing. Great positive environment.
Good learning experience
Unit Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 8, 2017
Large facility with multiple opportunities for enriching learning experiences. Managerial staff available, willing to advise and providing knowledge in all areas of social work.
interesting
Director, Medical Operations (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park NYMay 29, 2017
Fast pace,
opportunity to learn the specialty of geriatrics and the quality of life Productive
Very Diversified
working with the staff at Parker and the team work
Pros
fleibility
Cons
Job security
not much to say
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NY 11040April 7, 2017
very straight forward position in dietary not really much to talk about honestly, on a day to day bases you would prepare trays and special diets, also scrub and wash pots, deliver trays to floors.
Pros
food
Cons
washing pots
Not a great place to work
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 15, 2017
Parker was a great place to work 10 years ago. They cared about the resident's quality of life and the lives of their employees. Now the emphasis is on costs and reporting and doing the least possible to get by.
Pros
people committed to there jobs
Cons
no management support
Physical Therapy Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 2, 2016
Working at the Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation was a valuable life experience. A typical day at work would include showing up to the Physical Therapy room and waiting for patients to come in so that I could bring them to and from their rooms. I learned a lot about geriatric patients, what physical therapy entailed, and how to interact with older people. My co-workers were always helpful and aware of all activities, making the environment relaxing yet effective in its purpose. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with uncooperative or rude patients, because it could possibly take an emotional toll on the employees. On the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know some of the more pleasant patients because one might end up seeing them everyday, so that bond is what keeps them happy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexible Schedule
Social Worker
Medical Social Worker LMSW (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 4, 2016
* Transition patients from sub-acute to long term care
* learned to work in stressful and fast paced environment and learned to collaborate with inter0disciplinary team to help improve quality of life for patients
*learned to problem solve cases with Supervisor's guidance
* Co-workers are professional and reliable and we work well as a team
* Hardest part of the job is experiencing families/patients dealing with their loved ones illness and loss of formal lifestyle and independence and facing end of life issues
*most enjoyable part of the job is offering supportive counseling and providing education with regards to services and/or programs for overall health and well-being.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
heavy documentation
The job was very rewarding when I was able to assist everyone with answers to their questions. The H.R. Department was a great place to work.
Secretary/Coordinator - H.R. (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Ability to work in a fast paced environment while being able to multi-task and complete assignment accurately and in a timely fashion.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast pace Rehab floor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 4, 2014
Parker Jewish is a well respected facilty. I enjoy recreation at the facilty , staff and residents can be challenging . Over all a good facilty.
Nice place to work
Clinical Assessor (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYApril 11, 2014
Interviewing patients/residents, collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, managing a roster of up to 25 patients/residents for MDS 3.0. Great co workers. Hardest part of the job is not being able to spend as much time with my patients/residents as I would like. The moist enjoyable part of my job is spending time with my patients/residents.
Pros
patients, residents, co-workers
Productive good place for leaning
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 22, 2013
A typical day at work is that you never stop until you leave. I learn to depend on knowledge and to be dependent on your self. There is a lot of people in management position. The hardest part of the job is unreliable CNA. Hearing a patient say thank you for all you have done.
Pros
free parking
Cons
not able to take breaks
Productive work place which will encourage you to pursue your dreams.
MEDICAL SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 1, 2012
The company has a family environment that will encourage you to do your best. The benefits are excellent which includes flexible schedule as they also allow you to pursue your education. Dealing with the clients can be difficult as you learn that you cannot please everyone.
Pros
great health benefits for the employee and family, tuition reimbursement program, two breaks and an hour lunch.
Cons
as a clerical staff member advancement is limited