Parker Palm Springs Employee Reviews

Porter (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 28, 2018
I have been working here for more than 3 years and it is a job I definitely like waking up and coming to. My colleagues and supervisors are all great and understand taking care of their employees.
not what it used to be
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 6, 2018
when I first started with this company 8 years ago it was amazing, upper management actually cared and it was fun to work there. but the turn over rate is ridiculously high and they don't care about their employees at all, especially in the spa. they will look for any reason to get rid of a good employee when they don't like them. they are waaaay over priced and everything behind the scenes is falling apart. when something needs to be fixed they slap a bandaid over it and call it a day. they definitely live up to their standards of frugalness, THEY ARE CHEAP!
Busy, fun and always had work
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 4, 2018
This hotel was extremely busy all the time. At no point we’re hours reduced. Work was full time all year which is really unusual in Palm Springs.

Service is the focus of everything, so some find it to hard but for me that’s what made it challenging and fun.

I moved back home to the NorthWest, otherwise, I’d still be there.
Pros
Everyone I worked with and the guests
Cons
High expectations for service isn’t for everyone
Front Office
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 4, 2018
An energetic environment with truly top-notch staff. The grounds are beautiful and the team allows for plenty of growth. I highly recommend the Parker for anyone looking to flourish in hospitality.
Great, supportive environment conducive to growth
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 29, 2018
Excellent, supportive management team! Fast paced hotel with year round employment and tons of opportunity for career growth. Beautiful, unique property that can't be beat!
A job with horrible management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed my position as concierge and my immediate supervisor, but over all management is horrible! You are always wondering if you will have a job from one day to next. Worse place to work in Palm Springs.
Pros
Co - workers
Cons
Management was evil & threatening..
Does Perfect Exist? Yes.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Amazing place to work. My coworkers and leadership team are all supportive and are really focused on the experience. It is not corporate at all which is good to me.
Pros
Surrounded by people who are the best in their field
Cons
Haven't found any yet
Unique & Beautiful Property
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 8, 2016
Set on a 13-acre complex and featuring decor by designer Jonathan Adler, this chic, upscale resort is 2.5 miles from Palm Springs Airport and 4 miles from downtown Palm Springs.

The refined, modern rooms have flat-screen TVs. Some have private patios. Suites add living rooms, dining areas and kitchens, while some have private entrances.

There's a bistro, a diner and a drinks lounge. Other amenties include 3 pools, tennis courts and a 24-hour fitness room, as well as spa treatments and lawn games. There are also meeting rooms and a ballroom.
Great Job
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 14, 2016
Amazing work place, I've learned a lot here. They really care about the employees. The only down fall is the desert heat can be a real killer.
Fun place to work
Overall management of food operation (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 1, 2013
Fun place to work but also very tough place to work, you will be over worked without having what you need to do you job efficiently.
This company Sucked
Maintenance Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Working for this company Was not good at all!!! in the 3.25 years i worked there I did not get a single Raise. the Beniefits were way over priced for the quality of service and for the Out of pocket expeniese. the whole enviiroment is as if you were transported to High School almost all the HVAC Equipment is falling apart
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rare to get a brake other than lunch inmature ppl
Pay managers well, but unethical practices
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 4, 2012
Upper management presents & teaches what sounds to be a fantastic culture or ethos as they call it. But when it comes time for upper management to apply that ethos or practice what they preach, they fall very short. Very bottom line focused, so much so that they are willing to do whatever it takes, even at the expense of their guests and employees. Multiple former employees' health suffered as a result of stress from working their & being subjected to a hostile work environment on a day to day basis. Had to quit because of it.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parker Palm Springs. Our community is ready to answer.

Parker Palm Springs Reviews by Location