PARKER PERSONAL CARE HOMES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worse Management Ever
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 1, 2018
The management has no idea what’s going on!!! They are currently being audited for Medicaid fraud and have been a nightmare to deal with, unless you like to work with unorganized twits, I suggest you find a different company!
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Management SUCKS!
Stressful
Group Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2018
They do not pay enough for what we have to do. the people are hard to deal with and dangerous at times, its scary. need more set guidelines. and only men should word with a group home full of men. I would be there by myself all through the day and some night.
It was temporary
Direct Support Staff/QMAP (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 16, 2017
The job was very stressful and the environments changed pretty quickly. I had to move which is why I left the company. It was a great learning experience.
Where to even begin
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 28, 2017
When i started i was excited they played off as a team with many advancements with internal hiring. That was anything but the case. Management on up was horrible they would personally attack you if you didnt conform to their mold they would do it in front of fellow employees and clients. Safety wanst their concern they woudl send you out in vehicles that shouldnt be on the road or out of ratio because no one wanted to work. If you were put in a situation of clients attacking you they wouldnt answer their phones pr twll you they couldnt come out and help. The managers and supervisors didnt even know the clients on their caseload and if you correctsd them they would write you up. Directors and supervisors program diectors and managers would take. 7 to 10 smoke breaks lasting 20 minutes or more but never got mine unless i just walked off. They never held their pet staff accountable clients would get hurt and documentation would be fudged to protect them or they would be fed or liquids not given or even wrong medications. Overall a horrible place to work. They also pass up people for advanvements who not only have the experience but the education for people who arnt qaulified or just started and werent eligable for a transfer of department
Pros
Clients are amazing
Cons
Poor upper management and working conditions
A typical day at work
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at PPCH is very busy. Everyone is willing to help each other if help is needed. If you are having a stressful day at work , someone is always there to bring a smile to your face.
Rewarding with a sense of purpose
Host Home Provider (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CO 80401July 19, 2017
A typical day at work consist of being there for someone an adult with a disability whether it be physical or mental health issue. Management is very supportive; the hardest part of the job is difficult to say as I would recommend this to anyone interested in providing host home services. The most enjoyable part of the job is being there for the clients that rely on the services of a family oriented, caring environment.
Pros
support from everyone involved in the client's life
Cons
not big enough to discuss the cons
Worst Managers I've ever had
PPCH (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 14, 2017
The managers have no clue whats going on and how to ruin the company. The Owners careless about the clients and are too busy taking vacation every other week to go to their vacation home in Florida.
Rewarding work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 31, 2017
Great company to work for. They have helped me develop my career and given me the freedom to run the program how I would like. I think that they are progressive in the way they serve clients, and this would be a wonderful company for somebody pursing the I/DD field.
Fun, Caring, exciting
Day program counselor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 28, 2016
Loved working here, loved meeting the people and helping them keep their homes beautiful. Always glad to see smiles on their faces.
Very Rewarding Work
Day Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  52nd and MarshalOctober 11, 2016
I would help disabled clients to reach their goals in their individual service plan, I learned how to develop a routine for each client that would help them overcome their aggressive behavior. Management isn't very good at communicating their needs and doesn't take accountability for giving the wrong information, the co-workers needed to be constantly told not to bully other co-workers a very in-professional environment. The hardest part of the job was not having any communication with management or staff, the most enjoyable part was making a change in your clients life.
Pros
Working with a diverse community and giving back to them.
Cons
No communication and no consistancy.
Rewarding work with a dedicated team
Director (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 11, 2016
Many of the employees have been here for a long time - and that really says something. We are in the Social Work business here, and while that can be stressful at times, we have a good team that really supports each other and the clients we serve. I am proud to work for such a great organization.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, dog-friendly, business casual attire
Great place to work for!
Supported Living Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 29, 2016
Working for Parker Personal Care Homes is a rewarding experience. The job itself is "customer service" intensive. A typical day could last from 4-11 hours where we assist individuals that have developmental disabilities to go out into the community and learn and/or perfect "proper" socialization. The best part of the job is getting to know people and developing close relationships with them and helping them learn independence while still having fun. Travelling occasionally turns out to be problematic due to the mass population of the city. Communication sometimes tends to be a problem, but in the end it is worked out.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Travelling, Lack of proper communication
love working with dd clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2016
work on life skills with dd clients and teaching them life skills as well as feeding and changing and spending time you will enjoy spend time in day program room as well
Fast paced, team environment
HR Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 22, 2016
Open, team environment. Pet friendly.Always something new and different happening.Helping the community is rewarding.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Incompetent Management
Support Team Professional (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 26, 2016
I never received the full time hours that was agreed upon my hire and I never knew if I was working or how many hours I was working. They said I would use a company car and then said that they didn't have anymore so I used my personal vehicle which they never reimbursed me for mileage.
Pros
agency benefits
Cons
unorganized and do not keep their word.
Challenging but rewarding position with little pay
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 2, 2015
PPCH is a non-profit organization that works with adults with disabilities. Unfortunately, that means they are generally government funded and really have few options in the way of raises and even decent compensation. That being said, I have worked in this field for 7 years and they have been one of the best companies as far as pay is concerned. They do their best to provide a quality experience for their clients and the staff are very knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Feel-good work, fun atmosphere
Cons
Anything pay related, easy to burnout
Great work environmnt
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 10, 2014
I loved working at PPCH I just needed more work hours and I lived to far from the job
Host Home Provider
Host Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2014
A Typical day for a Host Home Provider requires passing of the medication from the provider to the client. Tracking of behaviors and weekly meetings with the team to ensure support for the clients well being.
Friendly workplace, creativity and patience needed
Day Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 31, 2014
Generally friendly workplace. Not a ton of opportunities for advancement or raises in pay. 11.00/hour and 35 hours/week is pretty standard. Work requires positive fun loving attitude and a ton of patience.
Pros
Fun activities, friendly clients
Cons
Can be boring, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARKER PERSONAL CARE HOMES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight