Parker University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
AVP Business Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
After 21 years service, I really hated to leave but wanted to take some time off to tend to parents' health issues. Even though I was graciously offered to take some time off and hold my position, I didn't want to be committed to a date and didn't want their operations and my absence to be a burden. I left in good standing and am available to be re-hired when a position comes back up, but I also like new challenges to prove I have value and an asset to any company.

It displays a family environment and wants people to grow and succeed. They will invest in their employees.
Great mission, poor implementation
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
My particular manager repetitively called me "little missy." This manager fell short on a number of projects, and instead of taking accountability for their mistakes, would place the blame on the associates working below them. It lowered morale, and made it hard to stay motivated during busy seasons. In this person's defense, they could be a more successful manager if Parker University implemented a mandatory leadership training program for all university directors, as most reputable universities do.

Great benefits, and I loved the mission of chiropractic and encouraging students to pursue their dreams. My teammates were mostly awesome, with the exception of the manager.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Benefits
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
Parker has a great work/life balance. The best part about working at Parker is the people. The President of the University is very committed to making Parker renowned in the field of healthcare.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Activity Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2018
Everyone is very warm and welcoming and willing to provide assistance when needed. Everyone helps each other. Management provides the right knowledge to help employees be successful in their jobs.
Very rewarding Position with Parker University
Assistant Vice President/Controller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoyed my position with Parker University as it was very diversified and offered me the opportunity to work with both students and employees. I had a purpose to fulfill which was to make improvements in both student's life and work responsibilities.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and be productive.
Cons
long drive
ok
Chiropractic Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I went to Parker as a student not as an employer. Parker overall as a school is good. majority of the student were friendly. I have learned a lot since I started Parker.
What I learned
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
Parker is a good school in general; Parker gives quality education and has very good instructors. The only down fall is that Parker has been a predominantly white school for so long, that it is having a hard time adjusting to well educated African American employees. The culture could be better, if the majority of Caucasian staff, didn't find the need to abuse their authority. HR is pretty efficient, but it is only so much they can do, with little evidence.
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Working with Racist Staff/Faculty
Enjoyable place but favoritism happens quite often
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed the work and met amazing people at the clinic but supervisor shows favoritism to some employees and does not treat everyone fairly. The clinic overall is fast paced at times and can keep you busy.
Great people bad environment.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
I really enjoy the people I work with here, also the over all work itself is fun and challenging. However, due to a strong prevalence of work place politics and unrealistic and often times double standard expectations hinder an otherwise great place to work.
Pros
Good people, fun and engaging work and good benefits.
Cons
Work place politics, double standards, unqualified management.
Review
Project Manager - PMO (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
A small institution with a lot of areas for growth.

Overall management is mediocre.

In a bad area of town.

Understaffed but it offers opportunity to learn a lot
great place to work
Chiropractic Assistant/ Receptionists (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I love working for Parker. The only thing I didn't like was the fact it was too far from home. I met a lot of good people here. I did like that the hours were not bad. They get super busy in October because of the Fair.
Great place to attend college
OTA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 30, 2016
I highly recommend Parker University OTA program. The program is 2 years with pre-requisites included. Very fast pace but can be done. I was one of the student to graduate first in the program. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a second career in the healthcare field.
Pros
Great Program for OT
Cons
Wish tuition was cheaper.
Toxic Environment
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Over the last couple of years, the school has lost the family feeling it used to have. The president has no academic experience and does not inspire confidence in employees. Many good people have been lost by the aimless management over the last few years. It is increasingly difficult to believe anyone there cares.
Pros
Most of the people there were good to work with, but they were hampered by bad management.
Cons
Management lacks focus, leadership. Emphasis on chiropractic to the detriment of all other programs.
Chiropractic Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
They take care of their employees and this is a great place to work. I learned a lot while working there. Management was great as well.
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2015
Handle a case load of over 700 students financial aid.
Meet with students regarding there financial aid.
Reconcile Direct loan Pell Grant and Direct loan Student loans
Manage the office when the Director is out of the office.
Approve time off request for employees.
Approve payroll.
Originate and Disburse loans.
Package and award students their financial aid.
Process additional funding for students.
Counsel students regarding their aggregate Stafford loan limits.
Process all refund calculations for all the programs for students who withdraw from the institution.
Request Texas Grant funds from the state for students that are consider a Texas Resident.
Submit the Texas Grant to the state once a year to guaratee funds for the following year.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Upper Management
good clinical experience
radiology tech student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2015
My clinical rotations were varied and full of valuable experiences that will help me in the work force.
It was fast paced, so not great environment to hold down a job while going to school full-time. And tuition was WAY overpriced since it was a private university instead of a state school.
Cons
only 4 week rotations for some sites
Needs an overhaul
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
Management needs to be replaced here. Very unstructured. Do not come here if you like structure within an organization.
Pros
May have own office
Cons
Management, Lack of structure, no advancement opportunities due to being small
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Parker University was a great place to go to school. I performed Clinical Rotations at sites such as:

Methodist Hospital of Richardson
ERCA of Plano
OrthoTexas in Plano
Preferred Imaging of Plano
LifeCare Hospital of Plano

I learned positioning and patient care, how to work as a team and how to correctly expose and work with patients and coworkers
An interesting environment with a lot of changes
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work usually involved meeting a small group of students after my classes for the day were finished to tutor them in basic science classes like anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and neurology. I learned about time management and the importance of accuracy in reporting time spent on the job to my managers. Most of my coworkers exaggerated the number of hours they spent on the job or the number of students they tutored in order to increase the amount they would be paid, which unfortunately led to increased restrictions and loss of liberties for everyone in the department. The most enjoyable part of the job was when one of my students would have an "aha!" moment and finally figure out for themselves a difficult concept they had been struggling to understand. Seeing their confidence increase made all the struggles and the long hours of poring over notes 100% worth it.
I loved my time and growth at this job
Retired (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Great environment to grow. Great amenities. Could have worked there forever.
Pros
Free chiropractic care
Cons
job got outsourced and it wasn't the same.