Parker and Sons

Parker and Sons Employee Reviews

Parker and Sons insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Install Lead

● Work-life balanceGreat company hours during the summer can be long but in the winter they give you full time with a couple days off so it’s nice● Pay & benefitsGreat benefits and bonus for no recalls● OverallGreat place to work. Would recommend to anyone starting out coming straight out of school. If your lucky enough you will get a great leads and I had 2 of them did in my time there.

Hiring explanation from the reality once working at P&S

I'm not disgruntled ex-employee at Parker and Sons I'm upset that they became a company with no more morals. So my explanation in this review is to tell you what I saw and heard. I am very detailed oriented so I saw everything. They pushed my out to quit with there lack of connection with the service plumber. I was given an explanation of my job duties and my benefits. They were true for the first 6 months then things changed. Dispatch and managment are different. Dispatch would give you bad jobs if you questioned the job and denied it, they would retaliate by making your day even worse. My manager was great he did the best in supporting me especially with all of the family emergencies I had. Though when covid happen the company as a whole made so many changes and a huge extra work load on the service technician; that work out in the field was even harder. As time went on I noticed that the changes to the work was to benefit all office personal. Like working in the field wasn't hard enough with the heat/ cold, wet/ dry, person to person contact, all of the physical work you have to do on top of the closing ticket paper work include. This company is the largest in the state and in my opinion they say they care about you but in reality they don't, there actions have showed it time and time again. I worked for them for 2.5 years enough time to see all of the ugly. I wasn't the only one that left, many that were there for 5+ years have left and will leave. There is no work/ personal life balance they don't really care about that they just want you to take job after job say nothing -

Pros

Good pay, benefits are okay, meetings once a week, you have your own work truck to take home, and will give you days off as needed

Cons

No personal life, Dispatch lies and can give you a bad day, sometimes silly meetings, bad company morals, company doesn't recognize the field tech enough for the good they do.

Petty af

They took over $600 out of my last check for uniforms I don't even have after leaving. Proceed with caution and expect your days to be long because their techs milk the clock like crazy.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Everything else

Family Owned Company they take care of there employees

Family owned company, they take care of there employees. Very well managed, far and treat everyone with respect. Local to Arizona, mainly Phoenix area.

Great Job

Good place to work. Provides food on your table and pay is high. But your just another number when you work here. Solid sales jobs if your into over pricing your services. Other than that good benefits, and good pay is the only reason I worked there for so long.

Good for Entry Level

If you want to start a career, the best place to Start is with Parker and Son. They teach you everything you need to know to succeed in the HVAC industry. Their program for training is 2 years of apprenticeship and promotion to Lead. You are treated fairly but be prepared to bring your 'A' game, if not just as quickly as they have hired you they will let you go, so its a very competitive.

Commission based

If you don't sell, you won't make anything. They make it sound easy but it's not easy to sell things to people who don't want or need them. I'm not saying that you have to lie, but you do have to convince people that you have the solution to their problem. And if they don't have a problem, you better find one... If you want to eat and pay your bills.

Fast paced work environment

Parker and sons day a a really great place to work , really put a lot of time and effort into there work , the work is stressful and sale guys don’t pay attention and measure anything right so really makes the job more stressful .

n\a

good started job, too many workers not enough hours to go around especially in the winter season.. Promote people that are not ready for the promotion,

Great company

great company to work for, i was there lead generator. I was recruited from Ecowater because of how well my performance was. I was employ of the month.

Large Company with Many Positions

There's all sorts of jobs with great benefits. I've always felt appreciated by my manager, and the owner seems to really care about the company. It seems the management is always looking to improve and grow, which allows me to want to grow as well.

great work environment

would recommend best plumbing company in valley to work for compared to others new vans to drive, owners are exceptional , ceo great intilllect mind, easy going like family

Fun work place

Easy to learn. The training is amazing. Friendly staff. If there was a situation when you were having trouble you could count on your peers or your manager was close by.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Na

Sales

I was on an hourly minimum hourly pay plus commission, it was a hard job. I did well , I hustled but others were struggling. I would not go back to the job. it does not have the energy I am looking for in a company.

Pros

Definitely will give a person a try at employment

Cons

you have to hustle to make money

Parker & Sons is a great place to work. You have a lot of support and great management. They take the time to meet with their employees on a weekly basis and set expectation, so there is no room for misinterpretation.

Pros

Great hours and Great management

Cons

Shortage in hours during Winter months

summary

In recards of this organization was good to me and help me grow within the AC profesion I learn a lot with my years with them and Are now a bigger organization. The ability to had still be there would had been nice but it became a seasonal job with ac only busy in the summer. Learn more about plumming and how to run the warehouse.

Family Oreinted Company

Excellent company to work for even though the hours are long. Great employees that work together. Management staff is very knowledgeable and caring. Dispatch department could use a little help sorting calls

Pros

great pay

Cons

great spacious area with arcade game area in break room

Very hectic job environment and non stop working throughout the day. I was on constant demand with work all day long from the moment I started my shift.

Pros

offer decent pay rates

Cons

Wasnt able to use any time off

I enjoyed the people and sometimes customers

I made many friends while working here, everyone experiences the same things and mostly work as a team even while working individually. There is a lot of room to make extra money if you are a selling kind of person. Management was the only issue, but as I progressed in my position they did improve that.

Pros

Coworkers, room for growth, money

Cons

management, time off was hard to get

I really enjoyed working at Parker

The people are amazing, the management team is organized and sets you up for success and I loved the customer-driven atmosphere. If I did not have a huge idea/ opportunity fall on my lap I would still be there.

Pros

Training, People, Pay, Flexibility

Cons

They expect a lot of everyone.

too many technicians

not enough jobs for year round employment, good communication with immediate management, provides transportation, phone and resources needed to continue training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parker and Sons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2