Parkers Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to interatct with customers.
Parker's cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 7, 2018
a typical day involved counting you money and starting your interactions with customers, cleaning, and restocking merchandise. I gained a lot of personal skills talking with every customer that came through the door.
Pros
customer interactions
Management is terrible
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 6, 2018
They have uneducated people in management who talk to employees and customers anyway they want. They get mad if you say something about the work environment that you feel should change they write you up. NO BREAKS even if you work for mour then 10 hours. They change the schedule with out notice so its had to do things around work.
The Life of a Store Manager at Parkers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ludowici, GAApril 21, 2018
Company overall need to get a grip on what their DM's (district manager were doing) helping the store managers they liked and not the rest. I liked my job as a manager due to my customers. The pay was not that great compared to other companies in the area for my experience and what I did for the company.
Very clean workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Any Parker's store that you walk into is pretty much guaranteed to be clean. I loved working at Parker's and meeting new people. The best part is getting to know who your regulars are and knowing them by name. I also liked that Parker's was a locally owned business and the CEO actually comes into his stores regularly to make sure that things are running smoothly.
Don’t work for Parkers’s
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJanuary 22, 2018
Lazy coworkers, who call off or show up late all the time
Working breaks, so basically no breaks & no sitting allowed while on shift
Lots of work to be done & not paid for it
Pros
Free drinks while on the clock
Cons
No breaks & lazy coworkers
Fast-paced environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Fast-paced environment,a list of tasks to complete daily. Overall, it is a great place to work if you are in school, but not for a career. The benefits are not that good and there is not any room for career advancement.
Cons
No lunch breaks; working alone.
pretty decent for a convient store
Cashier/ Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellabell, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Parker's 31 can become very hectic, but the job will keep you busy and productive. I really didn't have any problems with coworkers or customers. I must say that it was hard for and advancement.
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 23, 2017
I loved how I was busy my entire shift. It made 8 hours feel like 4. However management did not focus on my availability that was given to them before I was hired for the position, therefore I had numerous times that I had to call management and explain again and again that I was not able to work that shift due to my availability. The people that I work with are amazing and the company its self is truly a great company to work for, I wouldn't leave however they can't seem to work me around my availability.
Pros
Free drinks all day on shift, half off all meals bought on shift, great company to work for.
Cons
What's called a working break, management does not look at availability before making schedule.
Fast place enviroment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 23, 2017
Parkers is a great place to work if you like a fast pass environment. It requires for you to be able to multitask. And must always have perfect customer service.
Pros
Easy advancement
Cons
Scheduling
It's okay not very bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 22, 2017
Parker's is okay to work it's just they don't know how to stop working you . They don't understand everyone has a family. They will take advantage of you and don't want to pay you for extra time . Managers watch people do stuff and won't even say anything they rather work the next employee that come in and that employee been done got drained early because they have to pick up the slack from other employees .
Cons
No breaks
I LOVED working at Parkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GASeptember 19, 2017
With the Right managers Parker's is an awesome place to work. As long as you had someone who was in your corner you were all good. But I would not want to be a manager as they don't get treated fairly.
Cashier at a Gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ludowici, GAAugust 25, 2017
A very popular gas station in a small town and on the main highway! So the gas station stayed very busy! Lots of Lottery Tickets and Chewy Ice were sold at this location.
Pros
8 hours went by very fast
Cons
Low Salary
good pay for gas station
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Okatie, SCAugust 8, 2017
good pay for small job, but a lot of work more so than the normal convince store. more responsibility for no more pay, long hours, hard workers can be taken advantage of due to younger irresponsible co-workers calling out. lots of promises, no results.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no advancement and overworked
Parker's Gas Station Attendant
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 4, 2017
It was an okay work environment. You're basically on your feet for 8 to 10 hours with no lunch break. A good job for a high school senior or college student that's looking for a part time job.
Great job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work. Great job to make out of an career easy to move up and go beyond just sale rep. Great pay, vacation after an year Christmas bonus also
Normal gas station work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJuly 6, 2017
I haven't worked here in almost 15 years so I'm sure everything has changed but management was great. The customers weren't too bad even while working third shift.
Very fast paced environment
Store trainer/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 31, 2017
The atmosphere was very fast paced. Too much favortism and no raises when they were supposed to be given. The Managers were very unprofessional and not fair.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
No breaks
N/a
CSR - Customer Service Representative cashier (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 26, 2017
Parker is an ok Job if you like:

Fast pace environment
Cashier
Constant stocking
Dealing with difficult customers time from time
Constant maintenance.
Not what I thought it was
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 20, 2017
It's hard Parkers and be a great place to work but I was wrong. The Parkers environment to me was like big children Day Care way too much too much BS for anyone to take your handle
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Too many to list here
Worst company I have ever worked for
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 14, 2017
worst company I have ever worked for. No breaks every even if you work a 12 hour day. You state you only can work this set hours and they work you when ever they feel like it. Even if you get off at 2am you might be schedule to return 7am 5 hours later... I would never refer or recommend working here