Parkers Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

I love my manager but the stress levels are intense
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brunswick,gaSeptember 4, 2018
Always some kind of drama with no free time for family if you work at Parkers you practically live at Parker's and if something happens you will always be at fault regardless if you even had any involvement at all
Pros
My manager is amazing
Cons
No breaks, drama
Cut throat
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ludowici, GAAugust 12, 2018
They do not care about employees. Fast spaced, under staffed, treated poorly, blame is place on everyone but the managers, no clear directions, and they will fire you over nothing.
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2018
good
How to count more
Poor
Good
Starcking
Customer service it went velly well when I was their I learn a lot and I also learn how to count better as well
Its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJuly 17, 2018
I liked the people that I worked with except the manager. She was young and did not really know how to manage people. She would give herself days off and leave early while making other employees with families cover her shifts.
Cons
no breaks unless your a smoker, work alone during dangerous hours
Fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 17, 2018
Great, amazing, good benefits, great pay, great staff, great team members, love the drinks, food discount, great team. Love the customers. Great locations
Pros
Discount on food. Great benefits
It was a very active n funny work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 14, 2018
Had to have great customer service because you dealt with people all day long. Had to be very active cleaning and stocking between customers. Stocked coolers everyday. Bagged ice.etc.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
No breaks
Parkers literally will suck the life out of you.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 10, 2018
Parkers is a fast paced store with lots of customers and few workers. I did registers and between customers, you have to stock the cold foot,make 10 kinds of coffee, clean the bathrooms, rotate the beer cave. cook food, wipe down everything, mop and then mop again.
Pros
There were no pros.
Cons
Our manager was not good.
Very nice environment and team work is great
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, GAJuly 8, 2018
Parkers was a great opportunity to improve on customer service experience and a great high paced place to be if you love working as a team then i would strongly recommend pakers
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 22, 2018
Stay busy, have to be able to multi task, love the co workers, the district manager is awesome. They have a high turnover in management, always not enough hours to get your vacation time, and does not apply the raises for employees like they are suppose to. They do not handle certain situations correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Move up in the company quickly
Cons
No breaks
ok to work for but very hard work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJune 11, 2018
Store Management cares more about themselves and not what will improve store employee reduction { BIG TURNOVER} a revolving door. There are a lot of things that can make an employee want to stay but its all about them. The hardest part of the job will be working with people who don't care about the job and just there to get a check. Very little team work across the board. The same ones who have been there for a while are the ones you can count on!
Pros
Interacting with diffent people that visits the store. Overall nice people
Cons
no breaks and always on your feet.
Great establishment with a well defined system
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 19, 2018
I mainly was looking for a part time job to help pay for school. Parkers had competitive pay and a well defined system which made it easy to deal with most of the problems faced on the job. The training during the first week, also was very valuable and helped define expectations and job responsiblities.
Fun place to interatct with customers.
Parker's cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 7, 2018
a typical day involved counting you money and starting your interactions with customers, cleaning, and restocking merchandise. I gained a lot of personal skills talking with every customer that came through the door.
Pros
customer interactions
Management is terrible
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 6, 2018
They have uneducated people in management who talk to employees and customers anyway they want. They get mad if you say something about the work environment that you feel should change they write you up. NO BREAKS even if you work for mour then 10 hours. They change the schedule with out notice so its had to do things around work.
The Life of a Store Manager at Parkers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ludowici, GAApril 21, 2018
Company overall need to get a grip on what their DM's (district manager were doing) helping the store managers they liked and not the rest. I liked my job as a manager due to my customers. The pay was not that great compared to other companies in the area for my experience and what I did for the company.
Fun workplace if you know how to handle people
Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 14, 2018
Parkers is an amazing company, with so much room to grow. It can at times be stressful but overall a wonderful work environment. Work hard and Parkers will take notice of you.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
The Best
In Store Trainer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 23, 2018
Very fast paced, never a dull moment. always something to do. Cleaning, greeting customers keeping parking lot clean. One thing bout Parkers bathroom stayed clean.
Very clean workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Any Parker's store that you walk into is pretty much guaranteed to be clean. I loved working at Parker's and meeting new people. The best part is getting to know who your regulars are and knowing them by name. I also liked that Parker's was a locally owned business and the CEO actually comes into his stores regularly to make sure that things are running smoothly.
Don’t work for Parkers’s
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJanuary 22, 2018
Lazy coworkers, who call off or show up late all the time
Working breaks, so basically no breaks & no sitting allowed while on shift
Lots of work to be done & not paid for it
Pros
Free drinks while on the clock
Cons
No breaks & lazy coworkers
Fun guest and cowworkers
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Downtown savannah georgiaJanuary 19, 2018
Company hyped you up in their orientation. The company itself might have good intentions but their management is horrible. I worked 3rd shift and my whole shift was fired. I worked at the market downtown which has a high turnover because they cant seem to get the right managers in place as well as firing anyone who speaks up. They dont pay attention to your availability and they expect u not to take a full break. They also throw away alot of food and their kitchen will not pass an inspection. My Coworkers were phenomenal and we worked hard and diligently despite managemnet's discouraging attitude. I was fired because Georgia is an at will state and apparently Parkers uses that to their advantage.
Pros
Beautiful and fun customers they hire great workerd that they treat horribly.
Cons
Working breaks, racism and discrimination, overworked and underpayed
Part Time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 11, 2018
This job is ideal for college students who don't require much income to survive. Pay isn't great for the amount of work that is expected. Hours are flexible when given the schedule in advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkers Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about