Parkers Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 22, 2018
Stay busy, have to be able to multi task, love the co workers, the district manager is awesome. They have a high turnover in management, always not enough hours to get your vacation time, and does not apply the raises for employees like they are suppose to. They do not handle certain situations correctly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Move up in the company quickly
Cons
No breaks
Great job or career just horrible managers
In store trainer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2018
I loved my job at Parker’s was there for almost 5 years, loved the pay and benefits. The managers there are real childish and show favoritism a lot, they don’t like to put in employee evaluations for raises and if they feel like you coming for their job you will be fired
ok to work for but very hard work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJune 11, 2018
Store Management cares more about themselves and not what will improve store employee reduction { BIG TURNOVER} a revolving door. There are a lot of things that can make an employee want to stay but its all about them. The hardest part of the job will be working with people who don't care about the job and just there to get a check. Very little team work across the board. The same ones who have been there for a while are the ones you can count on!
Pros
Interacting with diffent people that visits the store. Overall nice people
Cons
no breaks and always on your feet.
Fun guest and cowworkers
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Downtown savannah georgiaJanuary 19, 2018
Company hyped you up in their orientation. The company itself might have good intentions but their management is horrible. I worked 3rd shift and my whole shift was fired. I worked at the market downtown which has a high turnover because they cant seem to get the right managers in place as well as firing anyone who speaks up. They dont pay attention to your availability and they expect u not to take a full break. They also throw away alot of food and their kitchen will not pass an inspection. My Coworkers were phenomenal and we worked hard and diligently despite managemnet's discouraging attitude. I was fired because Georgia is an at will state and apparently Parkers uses that to their advantage.
Pros
Beautiful and fun customers they hire great workerd that they treat horribly.
Cons
Working breaks, racism and discrimination, overworked and underpayed
Fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 17, 2018
Great, amazing, good benefits, great pay, great staff, great team members, love the drinks, food discount, great team. Love the customers. Great locations
Pros
Discount on food. Great benefits
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ellabell, GAJanuary 9, 2019
It's a fast paced, on your feet all day job. There are times where you have rude customers which is the worst part of your day. At the same time, you do have the customers that treat you with respect and you get to work with some nice people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks if you can take the time to get one.
Great establishment with a well defined system
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 19, 2018
I mainly was looking for a part time job to help pay for school. Parkers had competitive pay and a well defined system which made it easy to deal with most of the problems faced on the job. The training during the first week, also was very valuable and helped define expectations and job responsiblities.
Management is terrible
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 6, 2018
They have uneducated people in management who talk to employees and customers anyway they want. They get mad if you say something about the work environment that you feel should change they write you up. NO BREAKS even if you work for mour then 10 hours. They change the schedule with out notice so its had to do things around work.
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Claxton, GANovember 12, 2018
Loved the job wish they would hire me back! I enjoyed providing excellent customer service and I would recommend this company to everyone! I just wished they were more understanding when going thru a situation.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GADecember 22, 2018
I did not like the fact that Parker's would work you so hard but would pay you so little. Nor did they let you have the holidays off to be with your families.
I love my manager but the stress levels are intense
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brunswick,gaSeptember 4, 2018
Always some kind of drama with no free time for family if you work at Parkers you practically live at Parker's and if something happens you will always be at fault regardless if you even had any involvement at all
Pros
My manager is amazing
Cons
No breaks, drama
Cut throat
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ludowici, GAAugust 12, 2018
They do not care about employees. Fast spaced, under staffed, treated poorly, blame is place on everyone but the managers, no clear directions, and they will fire you over nothing.
It was good while it lasted
Cook/Cashier/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCSeptember 8, 2018
Stay focus go to work an do what's ask of you make it only about the customers parkers is a great place to you just haven't be self driven without someone telling the next move...
Fast-paced environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Fast-paced environment,a list of tasks to complete daily. Overall, it is a great place to work if you are in school, but not for a career. The benefits are not that good and there is not any room for career advancement.
Cons
No lunch breaks; working alone.
Not worth it
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 21, 2017
They let ANYONE work here, with that being said they pick ,promote and have the most nastiest and rudest people as management. To be adults they are very childish and enjoy over working the workers while doing the least work but pick favorites an think they can treat and talk to others any kind of way(workers and customers). I learned basically nothing I already knew when a job hires a lot (a high turnover rate) is a bad sign that they can't keep employees because of the way they run their business and mostly who they have in charge. This is a job where they will ask you to work at different store locations they don't reimburse for gas or pay you extra. The job WOULD be okay if the people they have in charge were decent people. You may be lucky to work at a location where it is a peaceful environment but I doubt it.
Pros
Free fountain drinks during shifts, Half off meals *MUST STILL BE ON CLOCK SMH
Cons
No breaks, Lied about raises, No benefits offered as promised
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 23, 2017
I loved how I was busy my entire shift. It made 8 hours feel like 4. However management did not focus on my availability that was given to them before I was hired for the position, therefore I had numerous times that I had to call management and explain again and again that I was not able to work that shift due to my availability. The people that I work with are amazing and the company its self is truly a great company to work for, I wouldn't leave however they can't seem to work me around my availability.
Pros
Free drinks all day on shift, half off all meals bought on shift, great company to work for.
Cons
What's called a working break, management does not look at availability before making schedule.
Not the best place to work
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILJanuary 4, 2016
10 hour work days and you are not given a break, even for lunch. Management does not tell you your rights as an employee. Very small staff and no formal training was given. Management does whatever they want and do not always want to help associates with questions they may have. I have had to run the store alone on several occasions for several hours. There is no job security or benefits and management has no problem reminding you of that. No professionalism or structure whatsoever. The only nice thing about the job was meeting new people.
Cons
No breaks, no overtime pay, extremely long hours
Parkers literally will suck the life out of you.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 10, 2018
Parkers is a fast paced store with lots of customers and few workers. I did registers and between customers, you have to stock the cold foot,make 10 kinds of coffee, clean the bathrooms, rotate the beer cave. cook food, wipe down everything, mop and then mop again.
Pros
There were no pros.
Cons
Our manager was not good.
Its a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJuly 17, 2018
I liked the people that I worked with except the manager. She was young and did not really know how to manage people. She would give herself days off and leave early while making other employees with families cover her shifts.
Cons
no breaks unless your a smoker, work alone during dangerous hours
It was a very active n funny work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 14, 2018
Had to have great customer service because you dealt with people all day long. Had to be very active cleaning and stocking between customers. Stocked coolers everyday. Bagged ice.etc.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkers Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.