Parkhurst Dining Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 7, 2018
Fast paced enviroment. Large amount of workload. Not a lot of communication between managers and employees. Ask for your
opinions but not taken seriously
Fun and easy going job . Staff is very friendly.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2018
My past five years with parkhurst dining has been great . I enjoy working here and honestly have very few complaints about this job . The students and staff make my job that much better!
Pros
Holiday pay, summers off.
Cons
Understaffed
management will rip you off on your pay
Sous Chef/Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 4, 2018
management will rip you off on your paycheck to make sure they meet their P&L budget...every paycheck I have ever received, was short on monies owed...and if you complain about it, they will demote you and try to fire you
Pros
great hours for food service
Cons
management will rip you off in your pay
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 4, 2018
I love meeting new people that come in everyday its a fun place to work with alot of opportunity. i work at the parkhurst at a college so the kids there make it worth the while.
Pros
free meals
Cons
sometimes the shifts are broken up.
Great company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sweet Briar, VAMay 6, 2018
Only leaving because Parkhurst has no accounts in lynchburg. working now in Lexington as the closest account. the company as a whole is great to work for.
Pros
Awesome Management and employees
Cons
Contract Dining
Fast paced, lots to do, but poor working environment due to poor work ethic
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAApril 30, 2018
Many employees are unprofessional, unskilled labor with very little drive to excel. It is very easy to gain recognition for a job well done. Plenty of hours for me to work at my discretion as a part time employee and full time student. Managers are professional and helpful.
Toxic WorkPlace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2018
District Manager, General Manager's & Manager's were bullies. They hired poor black people and treated them like slaves. Turn over rate was high. There was no training for kitchen worker's. Many injuries to the kitchen workers, steam burns and cans exploding on hot grill. Mice running in kitchen and storage rooms. Kitchen was always dirty with mice droppings. Two failed kitchen state kitchen inspections. Many workers complained of poor working conditions and hostile working conditions that aided to declining health. One older man was pushed to the limit and had a heart attack on the job.
No Commentary
IPrep and Production Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
No Comment. It could be an exciting place to work, though; at times the catering functions can be over-bearing for the entire team. It is managed to meet deadline timings.
Pros
new cuisine ideal preparations
Cons
doing 3 different, relative functions; flatrate salary over-all
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2018
Parkhurst is a fun company to work for . The most important and enjoyable part about the job is providing good customer service to each person and serving great food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No advancement
if not part of the click or protected your neck is always on the line
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Robert Morris UniversityApril 16, 2018
i was told my position was getting eliminated. I was given to the dishwasher that made a lot less to tighten the budget. I would never go back such to a cut throat atmosphere again.
A little bit of everything
Chef (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 12, 2018
Thus far this place seems decent. Less stressful than my previous job but obviously every job has its own brand of stress. I enjoy the people I work with and the environment is dynamic.
Pros
Free food and drink, other discounts
Cons
Sometimes being left to your own devices, somewhat high expectations
good company
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 10, 2018
really liked working for parkhurst dining. Good company. Liked that everything was scratch cooking, and the emphasis on food. Would recomend parkhurst to a friend for sure
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
I love it working at a college. Management is awesome and works with you. All the supervisors are respectful and outgoing. The coworkers are ok you have your ups&downs but overall they team players
Pros
Free food
Cons
No cons
Good retail experience for college students
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 23, 2018
I work with parkhurst dining at one of the universities they are partnered with. I am a college student at this university, and needed an on-campus job. Parkhurst needed a cashier, and I got the job. The environment is pretty relaxed most of the time: the students are usually not difficult to work with, the staff is quite friendly, and the managers and supervisors are also friendly and understanding. However, this is still retail: computers can have issues, both students and adults can have difficult problems that no one knows how to solve, special events often occur either on short notice or with no notice at all, and managers may not share practices information the same way or with everyone . But overall, it is a good, solid job.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, works with student schedule
Cons
Retail work, students don't get part-time/full-time benefits
The best first job you can ask for.
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMarch 6, 2018
The people make this company enjoyable to work for. Everyone is respectful and understands flexibility; everyone is expected to do their job to the best of their ability.
Pros
Free meal during break.
easy college job
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2018
I only work here as a part time student but it has made me quick and easy cash. It is an easy way to meet students also. The managers are very understanding and willing to accommodate.
Fun and understanding work-place
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 26, 2018
I liked working there, had to leave for personal reasons, I learned to be patient with many people. I also feel mu customer service skills has enhanced because I have had to serve people.
Very supportive team.
GENERAL MANAGER OF DINING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Great team to work with. Always focused on successes. The leaders were very family oriented. This group really worked to give a great atmosphere were people felt that they were a part of the company and wanted to be.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Locations to work were limited.
Great company to work for!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2018
There a great company to work for! They truly do fresh food and treat you well. Management really does care about you! I really can't say enough good about this company!
Pros
Good company to work for!
Cons
Stressful . Alot of hours
Fresh Cooking
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Working at Parkhurst has been a great experience. Everything we do here is from scratch, examples are soups, sauces, never frozen grill items, fresh pizza dough. Catering change on a daily basis so i was able to work with different food groups.
Pros
great workplace