Parking Solutions Employee Reviews

Psi
Corporate Recruiter / HR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 1, 2018
Company no longer active. I9 filing was antiquated. Lots of opportunity to get promoted and was twice. Company was acquired by a larger LLC. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Overworked
Lead Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 1, 2018
I was a lead and worked over 40 hrs a week jumping from site to site to help cover when short staffed. I felt that I was overworked and underappreciated for all the hoops I jumped through to help them out. There would be days when I would work 6:30 am - 5:30 pm at the hospital and then I would go straight to the casino to help with an event and I would end up being there until 2:00/3:00 am in the morning because the valets because all the valets were scheduled to leave around the same time that the event would be over and I would end up staying to help the 2 night staff to bring up over 100 cars.
productive and active job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
A typical busy day at work would be getting hit with rushes throughout the day. The management wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part about the job would be receiving tips
Parking Solutions
Valet (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed being a valet for a short time. I always sprinted to get customers cars quickly and and believe that they took that into account when tipping.
Working was most of the time easy going
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHfJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed meeting the employees that I picked up. I picked them up at lot/terminal and dropped them off at lot/terminal. Most were very pleasant. I rotated with the other buses that were inservice.
Pros
Meet and greet employees
Cons
Worked 3rd shift and diffecult when slow
smooth job to work for
valet/cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
easy job to perform not much work. more hustle than anything. fun co workers. strict management unless they favor you. good job for side money. plenty people to talk to.
loved it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 1, 2017
It was a great place for me to start back to working when i haven't worked in a great bit. All but one of the managers where super friendly and helpful. It is a great place for a student due to advancement is hard to come by. When you get the opportunity to work there everyone is super helpful with helping you figure out how to do the end of shift paper work.
Ok company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
This company had lost there core values on what the employees really needed. Very up and down on work related issues. Upper managers needed to learn on how to treat people
Productive WorkPlace
Valet (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 28, 2016
It was a calm environment and I enjoyed my employment. A great opportunity to make money and do a job I enjoy. People were easy to get a long with and the job was self explanatory. Great pay to start off with.
Ehh
Valet (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 26, 2016
Did not really enjoy working here, pay was bad as well as the area i was in nobody tipped. The coworkers were friendly and all but it is nice for a summer job!
A great summer job
Parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2016
Stay on your feet for over 8 hours a day can be a challenge for some people. It is a great job in the summer, but in the winter it can get very tough depending on the temperature.
Pros
People can be generous tippers
Cons
Working outside when it is below zero
Working with people rocks!
Valet (Former Employee) –  Columbia, OHApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed helping visitors and patients. I love being busy and not getting bored with just one spot (I was moved around).
Productive place
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2016
Hardest part of the day would be running back and forth from place to place without a break. The most enjoyable part would be meeting new people.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No Breaks.
Ok in a pinch, but keep looking. Depends on where you work
valet (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2015
Not impressed. I feel like management doesn't really know what they are doing. Rules change all the time but only certain people are told. No consistency between shifts, no standard training, very clicky. I found many of the promises I was told when I hired in were completely false. Either I was lied to or the managers are extremely uninformed.

Want to make money, too bad. Valets share tips across the entire week. If you work at a busy time you are giving up your tips to someone that works a slow shift and only parks a fraction of the cars you do. This benefits full time employees and takes advantage of part time ones. Expect to make minimum wage up to about $9.50.

Again, depending on where you work, they can be flexible with your work times. This is a small bright point for the company. Trying to get off the busy shift once you learn how the tips sharing works can be a problem though.
Pros
Drive nice cars. Potential to make some extra money on a flexible schedule.
Cons
You don't get to keep your tips, or even share with just your shift. Many people do not tip at all. Management.
a typical day at work
Valet Parking (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work was simple. Show up on time, properly prepared to work and Clock in. Then just park cars in the parking garage. And be ready to take cars back up top whenever the customer was ready to leave the premises.
Pros
job task very simple
Cons
unstable management
Fun job , different cultures
Taxi Starter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
I would help people go where they would like to go, help the taxi line, sometimes except money. I hated working outside, we would get like a guard type shack but for every customer we would have to get out and help them in the car.
Pros
meeting lots of nice people at the airport of different cultures
Cons
weather
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2015
PSI is a great place to work! It ia company in which you will always have the ability to grow and meet different people. It is a very diverse atmosphere and there is always overtime available!
Terrible Company
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2015
-They claim to take pride in working around people's lifestyles and having flexible schedules but that is not true.
-Management has no clue what they are doing. They are not properly trained.
-Don't even bother with the HR department. They are all inept, except maybe one of them. They will always side with the managers.
-Managers delegate their work to hourly employees, but do not offer those employees credit.
-There are little, to no advancement opportunities.
-Don't expect getting a schedule at a regular time every week, this concept is lost on the site managers.
-Upper management should check in on ALL of their sites regularly. Give more credit to the hourly employees that bust their butts for you. Offer better benefits, the people that work out in the cold and snow get no benefits but the ones that sit in an office get benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Nothing that makes them stand out from any other job
Worst management ever
valet (Former Employee) –  not availableJune 27, 2015
Make you think problems are going to be solved.Lieing and gossip from management to co-workers,not able to voice your opinion.Overall the job was great meeting people,having friendships with customers. Management just sucked
Pros
Driving nice cars
Cons
overworked and underpaid
company who doesnt care for employees
valet (Former Employee) –  columbusMay 27, 2015
Managers are not people friendly a friend of mine who i worked with nearly dies working there got no sympathy from management instead the hours he had always worked was taken from him besides that you are paid a wage plus tips which is cool but they require you to buy over priced uniforms and pay to insure yourself to park cars its another way they make money over charge you for insurance and they keep 3/4 of the premium wouldnt advise funny how every review is great must be managment embelishing
Pros
free lunch, great employees
Cons
bad managment, company cares very little for work staff rip staff off any chance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parking Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.