Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Great place to work. Trains well for the job. A typical day at the job includes completing bench job. Management is pretty great. I enjoy the people I work with.
Need to know who to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  dalMay 25, 2018
If your looking for raises or to advance from experience, you will have better chance at not know anything, but know who to work for. Hence its not what you know its who you know.
good place to work
med tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Best hospital to learn and work. they have varieties of opportunities.
caring managers and techs.
Directors and managers are highly motivated to serve the community.
very stressful and fast paced but rewarding because of the patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2018
taking care of 5-6 patients at once even when being charge nurse
patient care and satisfactions is very important
management was not always that good
very fast paced and stressful, did not always get help from other
staff members but PCT's were very helpful
managing several patients at once and covering the whole floor
the gratitude and positive attitudes of the patients and their
families, very good resources
Pros
patients, good incentives
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff at times
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
I loved working at Parkland. There was always a learning opportunity. So much room for development and growth. Very Nurse friendly environment. If I would not have relocated I would still be working there.
Fast Paced professional
Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2018
A nice place to work especially serving people in need. Working ther at Parkland is quite challenging and you learn and update your professional skills more often. Team work is very important and practisec
good
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It a fun and enjoyable place to work. Great place that allow multicultural advancement without and bias. very thoughtful of family. Give student loan as far as you apply . has great retirement benefits and give great payed time off. Has also benevolence time off . Has a continued educator every day in the internet and in person to keep workers updated with current pt management and medication
I enjoy when we all have multicultural meals once a month
The hardest part is the distance from my house to work.
Pros
wide place for growth
Cons
distance
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
Parkland is a great place to work lots of hands on experience, once you work here you can work anywhere. They have great benefits. Credit Unioon on Campus.Parkland serves the community and help our patients to qualify for some type of insurance. The have people that donates to charity as well to help the homeless.I have never known them to turn patients away.
a fun place to work nice employees
Tx, Dietetic Aide - Food Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
I would come in at 6am see what's on the board and the meals set up . I learned to always be respectful to all the patients and visitors. My management was great they communicated very well. We had a lot of different cultures in the work atmosphere It fun working with other cultures you get to learn a lot of things.
Gret place to work
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2018
There is great job security. You work in teams and everyone gets to have input. I support the equipment the hospital needs for patient care. There is a lot of walking and lifting. Managers are very supportive and open to suggestion.

Want to know more about Parkland Health & Hospital System?

Ask a question
Awesome place to work
Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The staff was great! The floor I worked on was high risk,but the staff working on the floor made the day fun. We took care of isolation patients which required added precautions, such as wearing isolation gown, shoe covers, caps and gloves before going into room. Even with its negatives of wearing the gear, the work on the unit was exciting.
Pros
Nice work envirnoment
Cons
Some of the RN's are not team players and they are lazy!
Ok
Social Worker ii (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2018
Parkland is a good hospital and a good place to work, however their lacks a work life balance with lack of flexibility. The hospital pay is above average but raises are sucked up by rising insurance cost
Pros
job security
Cons
high insurance cost
Great facility.
RN Case Manager/ Utilization Review RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed woking at Parkland. Outstanding learning facility. There is always something to learn and someone willing to teach. Management Team have an open door for their employee.
Pros
Enjoyed going to work.
Cons
Had to leave due to family matters.
Excellent with patient safety
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
Parkland is a good place to work. Managers value the good work. Parkland has good benefits, it also has loans and discounts.If you like to experience other departments parkland hospital is the place to go you will have opportunities in different departments. Pay is decent.
Cons
Point system for tardies and sick days
Sr Unit Aide Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
The management there has too much favoritism. And when you have a problem with another co-worker they'll believe them over you. And you can never go and could have a talk with the management about situations that is going on on the floor. But there are some co-workers that you will get along with there are some there that will stab you in the back.
County Hospital
Clinical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
Dealt with patients face to face depending on the area that we worked in. Interacted with patients trying to make them feel comfortable and calm during a tough situation. Learn a lot of different positions duties while on this job.
Copc
Clinical Staff Asst and Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2018
Love working here all my co-workers where awesome and management. Great Benefits and pay was decent. Will love to go back to work with this Employer!
easy going
Patient Financial Services Collector III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
A Typical day at work include working assigned work ques , everyone know their responsibilities, no micro managing. Managers are approachable always.
Pros
Everyone work well together as a Team
Cons
Too many turnovers in Managemant level
Fair
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2018
There is some fairness for some and not others. There is no understanding from management for emergent issues. You recieve more points of occurences if you call in on a weekend or 2 hours before your scheduled shift. Even for emergent issues, like a car accident on the way to work, even with a doctor's note.
An eccellent place to work.
Medical interpreter and Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
This institution's mission, goals and culture is one that matches with my personal values and principles for the love of meeting the needs of those who are really in need of help and those who could not receive help elsewhere.
Pros
A homogenious culture of people from all parts of the world, and accents
Cons
Selfish and discriminating leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight