Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Meaningful work for a great population
Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
Poor management skills, communication and employee engagement make the work place hard to work in.
The population we serve is great and the work is meaningful.
Pros
Population
Cons
Management structure
Best place to work!
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Parkland is simply put “the best place to work”. When I came to work at Parkland, I came with the intention of staying here and leaving after working and learning for a couple years. 14 years later, I’m still here and with no thought or intention of leaving at least in my current memory! What more can I say about this institution which has given me some special opportunities to learn, grow, develop and meet the world under this one household, one family!
With my new academic status, I am looking for a higher position (NP) but only inward here at Parkland. I am proud and will remain proud to work at Parkland regardless of what level in my nursing profession I find myself. Proudly Parkland nurse.
Pros
Great place to work and grow
Cons
You have to be ready to work and learn.
Great ladder to achieving ones goals!
PFS Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235October 8, 2018
Parkland would be an awesome place to work, grow, and accomplish short term/life long goals if not for the point system/poor management, which creates an extremely stressful environment. On the flip side, it is still a great opportunity!
Pros
Great Benefits/Competitive Pay
Cons
Poor Management/Point System
Needs more improvement
Meal Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
More high raise and no more point system because everyone has outside life things and I feel like they don’t care for it because we get point no matter what the situation is at home
Learning insitutions with up to date medicine
Physician Assistant I Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
Parkland was a fun younger culture of physicians and APPs due to it being a teaching facility. Competitive and fast paced. Pay is average. I would work here again.
Educational and Productive
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
Parkland has a very diverse community of workers as well as patients. Parkland is a defined teaching hospital to hone your skills and learn new ones as well.
Good Benefits
Eye Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
I have learned a lot in my field. Management at times are not around to ask questions. The workforce I feel could be a little better in the environment that I work in. Enjoy working with others.
Very stressful environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2018
It was an okay temporary job. I had to be proactive and had to work around very negative, backstabbing coworkers who really did not want to help when I had questions. Some employees got away with not working, but taking credit for what someone else did.
Productive work place
Training/Staff (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2018
This was great place to work. When I first stared everyone was helpful with training and making sure all the duties were understood you ask questions.
Pros
team work
Cons
worked weekends
Employment Growth
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Parkland has allowed me to develop more Accounting Skills and positioned me to make better career moves. I love working for this company and would definitely recommend peers to apply.
Parkland Proud
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Parkland sticks to its mission to be a progressive, comprehensive, and inclusive facility that caters to helping the public. It grants its employees opportunities to grow and expand.
Exceptional
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
It's an exceptional place to work, Although my personal circumstances have change. I have worked for Parkland for nearly 12 years and it has been a wonderful experience.
Pros
Exceptional place to work
Cons
Need less expensive health bennefits for employees
Very understanding caring environment
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
My personal view for parkland hospital is that it is a very understanding and compassionate environment I am very satisfied with my job duties and being able to provide the best care for my patient's.
Huc
Data Base Registrar for ICU (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for PHHS. Schedule was very flexible.I..was able to learn lots of knowledge concerning healthcare.some managers are caring and willing to help.other were mean an very unprofessional
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks
Good place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Parkland taught me to be an intuitive RN. I learned how to use skills that I learned in nursing school and apply them to critical situations. I have been able to train to other areas of the ER such as triage and critical care areas and charge nurse.
Productive Work Place
General Clerk II- Parkland Jail Health (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 15, 2018
The hardest part of this job is the high demand of service with limited staff and a big diverse population. With that being stated the lines Parkland Hospital has for treatment is frustrating and chaotic when you are the type of person that likes to help everyone. The workplace culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist the population to be served.
Love my job
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Pulling trash. Lining everywhere walking welcome everyone to hospital great customer service helping people. I am loyalty good team player volunteer and I will get the job done
good work place
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Parkland is an excellent place to work and will trade it for any organization and l will keep trying to introduce this great company to family and friends.
Great Place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work if you have entry level medical experience, employees have the opportunity to gain other medical experience in a different field within within the hospital.
Pros
Hours, and employees can gain college credits with classes they offer.
Cons
Pay rate
Parkland is a family
EVS Manager/Senior Support Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Difficult when your department is run through an outside vendor, though, as this takes away from the Parkland first culture. Management within my department is extremely poor, and creates an us (vendor) vs. Parkland mentality among the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight