Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
I really like that Parkland allows you to advance within. They help pay your education. Fast paced environment but manageable. I would recommend to work here with so many departments to choose from.
Benefits
great place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
love working with the Residents in training. Easy to obtain career advancing experience by easy transition through several units. great benefit packages and salary
Productive and collaborative environment
Senior Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
Daily vendor management, annual compliance and reporting, renewals, and benefit plan design. Escalations, open enrollment, new benefits sharing sessions, and escalations.
Parkland is one of the top trauma facilities.
Preoperative Administration (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
Parkland is not for everyone. I can tell you Parkland has some of the best burn physicians in Texas. Along with one of the best Ortho team as well. With the facility being a teaching hospital, they grow more physicians than most other teaching facilities in the country.
Pros
The people I work with have been a great joy, some I will remain connected to.
Cons
Rate of pay vs amount of work.
Productive job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time here, stayed busy all the time. loved my job and learned a lot of new things. Enjoyed working with all of the doctors and nurses, wished i could have gotten better work hours.
I bleed purple!
Trauma/Surgical Intensive Care RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
I loved working at Parkland! They offer wonderful opportunities for education. You will never be bored! The work life balance was hard as a single mom but this place still has my heart
excellent
Lab Support Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
productive and fun workplace, extremely busy. great people to work with. location of the workplace makes an easy commute to and from work given the location of my residence
I enjoyed working at Parkland
Surgical Technologist Externship (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
Patient focused hospital. They are currently encouraging more communication and mutual respect in the work place . A great environment for the next generation of surgeons.
It’s a great place to get experience. You will learn a lot working here.
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
The best thing about parkland is that the experience you gain from here. You will be able to take your skills to any other hospital. Everybody works together to help each other out.
Very good to there employees
Insurance Follow-up Representative II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2018
Parkland is very good company to work for. Excellent health benefits and computer system is great. Worked high dollar claims with ins. Receive several certificate for my work.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
15 min breaks

Want to know more about Parkland Health & Hospital System?

Ask a question
The most enjoyable full time job
Rapid Assessment Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235June 28, 2018
This job allows you to grow in your field. As long as you are movitated there is absoulty no reason why will not excel. This company is mission driven.
Diverse and nice work place
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
I have been working for Parkland for 10 years and I like it a lot. All cultures are accepted at Parkland, they don't discriminate against anyone. The hardest part of the job is just simply when you're really busy, but overall Parkland is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
A typical day at work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
My work day is from Monday thru Friday from 8am to 430pm and my job consist of processing and mailing out checks and opening and scanning mail and processing check request daily.
Interesting work days
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
The patients can be tough some days but the staff is great fro the most part. Staff is diverse and everyone is treated kindly no matter what position they hold.
Pros
Pay, Experience
Cons
Costly benefits, Lack of communication between departments
Poison control specialist RN
RN Poison control specialist I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2018
I currently work for the poison control center as an RN. Mind you that you are paid only $30 per hour and do what doctors/pharmacists do, but are paid way less. The doctors aren't real though-they went to foreign medical schools and this is the only place they can obtain a job as I am sure they passed their MD boards, but weren't able to secure a residency. After you pass the 'specialist test' you make $2 and hour more. Mind you, this is a very stressful job and the RNs working there should've went on to do NP or physician themselves-not this job. They are getting paid peanuts for a very stressful job where you are under the microscope constantly. Oh, and the 'clinical educator' went to a non-USA medical school and is a poor educator-insisting there is an elaborate training program, but it is really 'sink or swim' with her and she favors people who just get it-that means less work for her. The manager is new and the 'educator' incompetent. I will be leaving as soon as I can secure another position.
Pros
Cons
everything
General Work Day
Radiologist Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
Parkland has a new Acute Care Hospital which has some of the newest equipment in the Hospital industry. Many employees have over 20 plus years of working at Parkland. Great place to Work.
Great management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
I learned an extreme amount of knowledge, while working at Parkland. It was a bit of a challenge attempting to get all of the staff on the same page. However, Parkland has one of the best Trauma units.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
lazy nurses
There is never enough
Trauma and WISH Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
It is an honor to work for such an amazing institution. The mission and what we stand for is incredible. I really felt like what I did was bigger than myself.

However, like many county institutions, there is not enough pay for the work done, there are not enough staff to cover the need of the hospital.

If you love an intense place to work that is fulfilling, Parkland is the place for you!
Pros
Truly helping those in need
Cons
salary is low, stress is high, always a feeling of scarcity
Educational and informative
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
Always have the patient set up for their bed bath and changing of their bed sheets if not able to get out of bed. Assist the patient with other daily activities daily.
Pros
Free pens, and other office supplies and cups
Cons
Not enough help when needed
Interesting
Educator for Care Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
Interesting place to work. Lots of diversity and opportunity to learn and grow. County and safety net hospital. Huge. Lots of staff here. Multicultural

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight