Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

I love my job
SR. Medical Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2019
It is a great place to worki work in a clinc with great people. Parkland has a good system to reach out for there employees to help them through anything they need
Pros
Great people
Cons
Healthcare
Sr. Inventory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235March 19, 2019
Productive environment that provides the necessary business needs for the patients in the hospital. I also enjoy working in the different units in the hospital and receiving the knowledge on each unit.
Technical Support Center is a horrible place to work!
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2019
The worst call center I have ever worked in. The Manager does not value the employees. Little to no breaks and a short thirty minute lunch. Promotion from within is slim to none. When higher positions become available they hire from the outside. I've witnessed employees being bullied and reprimanded in front of other employees.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Okay
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
As a call center rep they job was okay, you had nurses or other staff members call to place a ticket to EVS or to maintenance and get stuff done. Not much for advancement in the position but over all great place to work.
great place with benefits
Bilingual Call Center Rep/Page Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2019
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, we always helped each other out. Management was very easy to talk to. A little bit of stress because we handled emergency calls within the hospital.
Ability to obtain degree
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
Learned how to work in multiple areas with the department such as registration, verification, and financial counseling. Promote career development and promotions
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no work life balance
Great teaching environment
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2019
Great teaching environment for nurses. Fast pace and great place for graduate nurses to develop skills in areas of interest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning opportunities that were alway available.
Enjoyed my time there
X-ray technologist. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235March 6, 2019
This was my first experience working at a level 1 trauma center. I worked weekends in the O.R. and meet a lot of great physicians and nurses and learned a great deal about how severely injuried patients are taken care of.
Was on-call 24/7, customer interactions, 8+ hours a day
AirWatch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Overall working at Parkland Memorial hospital was quite challenging but also rewarding at the same time, 60% of the time was administration work, 40% hands on. Got to work with thousands of people throughout my time there at parkland.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
less sleep/rest
It was a fun environment and I loved helping people
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2019
Oh I learned so much at Parkland and I loved my role as a Financial Counselor helping people with the many different programs. I also helped Train the new Financial Counselors. Worked on pilot projects with different Managers. There was so much room for growth and growth us what I'm all about and pray for that opportunity again.
Pros
Room for advancement

Want to know more about Parkland Health & Hospital System?

Ask a question
Neurology Clinic was never a dule moment
Data entry putting customer information in system (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2019
The clinic was very pleasant. We took care of all type of patient with; many health problem. Our staff would go the extra mill to care for our patient and cater to their needs.
Pros
We were a family more that a team
Cons
Not enough time for break if you didn't bring you meal
N/a
WISH - Community Programs Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2019
No two days ere ever the same. My experience at Parkland was life changing and I am so thankful for the intensive leadership training that I received when I was there
Very fast paced and busy
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2019
Each day started with me covering 2 floors as the only case manager in the entire department. My expectations were the same as other case managers with one floor. My day started with daily assessments and huddles with the medical team. I learned each day the floors could turn over quickly depending on beds available. I feel management was not supportive for case managers; as the were to social workers. I never saw management unless JACHO was in the building or staff meetings. The hardest part was feeling unsupportive from management when you've exhausted all resources. My most enjoyable part was my interaction with the patients and staff.
Pros
I can think of any
Cons
Not support from management or team work
time and attendance
Runner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2019
i work 5th floor 4th floor and 3rd floor keep time and attendance for the nurses and write them when they were late and deliver mail all over the hospital. i enjoy working three very much.
Good to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Is a place that you can learn a lot and be available to work with, around other such is co-worker and patients. Is a place where you learn more about others cultures and they believe. We have the opportunity to keep going with the education and reach our dreams.
Exellent Patient Care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Great place to volunteer , Parkland is an amazing place to see the love of saving lives. Parkland Save my brothers life and made me restate the love for medical field.
Parkland is an awesome place to work if you are not looking to advance.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The Case Management department is a not governed by the employees. Employees do not have a say in the operations of the department. There is no transparency, managerial support, nor opportunity for growth within the department.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Poor management
Fun, family like atmosphere with the patient as first priority
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Absolutely loved my job as Health unit coordinator for Labor & Delivery. Enjoyed the night shift hours. Upon leaving to pursue a new opportunity with Medsynergies, I missed what I had left tremendously.
Not the best place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
It's sad to say but my experiences were not good at this employer. My employees were great and just looking for someone to lead them but executive leadership was not good. Too much politics! Not enough expertise and very little if any leadership experience.
Pros
Worker bees are great hard-working people.
Cons
Poor Executive Leadership
Busy Clinic environment
Lead CSA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I enjoyed my time at the Amelia Court HIV/AIDs Clinic. It was a very team oriented environment. However, they have a strict "point system" that reaulted in my termination not due to job performance issues.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Point system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Parkland Health & Hospital System Reviews by Location