Parkland Health & Hospital System
68Average

Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

United States1,058 reviews
Found 1,058 reviews matching the search
The diverse group of people.
I enjoy working at Parkland. They promote from within and they value the nurses input. The work life balance is great and there is always opportunities for overtime if u want it
Conducted bedside consultations with patients to determine qualifying medical benefits.
A typical workday at Parkland Hospital includes plenty of walking and a high volume in patients. As a financial counselor, I conducted bedside consultations with patients to determine qualifying medical benefits.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
No support from management, especially if you’re white. The salary quoted is not what was paid. Benefits suck-high copays & anyone there can access your health record & personal payroll information.
Fast paced enviroment
I like working for Parkland for many reasons. You never know when is going to be super busy and time goes by super fast. There is always a unique scenario happening which makes it fun to observe.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
clocking in system
Overall Parkland is a good Hospital to work for
Great atmosphere, great work environment , they are very flexible with the schedule , they’re benefits are wonderful . They have a wonderful team that knows the meaning of teamwork
Hours
Working different shifts and always have time to schedule appointments when I get off work. I like working in my position because I like training my coworker, when they don't know something.
You are told you are important, however, not reflected in pay. Bedside people are outstanding. My department is 12% under market pay rate.
Unless you're a nurse no promotions. Regardless of how many Master's degrees or peer review articles you write just get the work load done and don't complain.
Great place to gain experience for a new nurse was the best I have worked. I would recommend it to a new grad to start their nursing career. Good luck
Workplace Culture
Everyone knows you and will remember you. Parkland is a great place to work for, as a new graduate or first time entering your first career. You learn a lot and are exposed to variety of things you will learn.
Great health insurance
This is a good company to work for. Competitive pay and great benefits. Worked here for almost 5 years and I would recommend Parkland Hospital to a friend.
Not a good environment to work
Not a good environment to work, My advice you start and get experience for one year and find another place to work, Parkland Hospital is very bad environment for work .
Great learning experiences
I loved my job at the parkland clinic I worked at because my manager was incredible. I learned so much while being there for a short time. Great place to work if you like to keep busy.
Productive work place
Great working environment, flexible hours, diversity, opportunity to learn new skills, teaching hospital, good management, enough resources during day and night time.
Not a good place to work
Work here if you have no self respect. Raising an objection will hurt you badly.
Controlling administration.

No acknowledgement .

No flexibility.

Leadership only cares about there image and no support for employees.
Best place to work for education....fun, best training
Best place to work Education...seem like you are with family....a lot of training classes.
Tuition reimbursement....I love the Culture, I love helping the patients.
Management in PFS was terrible
Worse experience with management in PFS department. Job was good but the management was horrible. Employee concerns never looked into. Not a great place to work in that department
You will WORK.. management in MICU isn't great, but your team helps.
One word to summarize a day in the life a Parkland RN.. CRAZY.

This place is no joke and def not meant for the fragile. You will grow as an RN working here and working here will probably be the height of your career. So many memories..

Coming from the ICU/CCU side, there's not a lot of room for vertical growth. To actually move UP, you have to leave and come back, which is unfortunate bc why not grow your employees while they currently work for you?

You will pretty much be a bedside RN and other than CRRT training after who knows when, they will train you to Charge role maybe 2 years-3 years in. If you start on nights, you're more likely to get trained faster than if you were on day shift.

Management is poor in the MICU. There are 5 managers and expect different responses from each of them. There is an obvious disconnect between management and the employees.. 1 yr nurses being trained to charge over nurses that have been there for 2 yrs+ and favoritism is unfortunately a real thing here.

Pay is okay.. a lot of MICU nurses have left and gone to nearby hospitals and received MUCH higher pay.

All in all, will I refer people to Parkland?

Yes.. and no. IF you plan on signing a contract as a new grad, I suggest going elsewhere, gaining 6 months of nursing experience and coming back to Parkland as an "experienced RN", with no contract/commitment to the hospital and going into a specialty area through their "fellowship".

Working here was an overall rewarding experience from the patient population we serve, I might come back, but hopefully in a different
 - more...
I missed the old Parkland when it valued all employees, and respected the value of experience employees.
You are not valued if you are an older employee at the new PHHS. The "Job Architect" that was recently initiated, make it literally impossible to earn a raise. If you go "above and beyond", it is considered "your job."
Great Job
I really enjoyed my 5 years at Parkland Hospital in Dallas TX. However new management and chages to a daily swing shift, ruined everything for me.so I
Great teaching environment
They really worked to enable me to know what medical social workers did at work, did for other people, etc. Also allowed me to understand and appreciate continuing education and how important it was to stay current on what agencies provide what services, to people with limited X, Y or Z.
Great organization only getting better with time!
Parkland has made great strides over the years and has started to understand the science in multi-level change management. There are times leadership didn't make the best decisions with the information they had on hand, but you can see they do care ( I loved my leadership). I loved working here and took another job for my family. I was sad to leave; hope I will cross paths with again later in my career. Those seeking to work for Parkland need to have a love to help the underserved in the county. If you don't have that desire, it will be challenging whether clinical or nonclinical.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight