Parkridge East Hospital Employee Reviews

Non productive work environment with clickish staff. Management not involved except to gather signatures for compliance issues. Favoritism and bullyin
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2019
Difficult moving up shift ladder and rudness from prev
nurses tolerated and even encouraged towards new staff as management turns their head in the other direction ignoring this behavior. Careless, word of mouth from co-workers is how management formulates their yearly evaluations without being objective or spending time with employees and evaluating for themselves. This culture isn't one of caring and treating patients well but rather rudely and with contempt. Patients are often threatened with repercussions such as police being called,for simple concern for their well-being. Great job for nurses who went into this field for social drinking and sleeping with co-workers as this is highly prevalent in this specific facility without regard from management. High emphasis placed on How they look in management's eyes rather than having integrity and doing the job well. A lot of backbiting even amongst staff who would be considered close friends in an attempt to remain out of the spot light and in well with previous nurses who have management's warm regard. If one attempts to shed light on or even discuss these matters with nurse managers, they are threatened and overt retaliation occurs. Retaliation to the degree of placing other nurses in unsafe situations or overwhelming them with an unequal amt of patients to care for while making sure that no other nurses offer help. This causes coworkers to be afraid of being caught talking with one, in fear of having to undergo such treatment themselves.
Pros
overtime hours always available
Cons
Teamwork doesnt seem to be a focus unless you are close friends
Chattanooga, - Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eastridge, TNApril 14, 2019
My manager was very willing to work with me on my work schedule. Friendly co-workers, workers were recognized a lot and appreciated by the company. I have work to other places and they are not nearly as friendly as Parkridge was to me.
When I went for my interview everyone was so welcoming and nice.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 8, 2019
I started out on the floor as a pct. I'm now in the lab. This is by far the best place I have worked for in my 23 years in the medical field . Great scheduling. Supervisors are always willing to help you.
Pros
Everybody treats you as family. Great team players.
wonderful job
Labor and Delivery Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  East Ridge, TNMarch 8, 2019
Parkridge East is a wonderful place to work, and further your career. My teammates are like family and we all work as a cohesive unit. I continue to learn new things every day and the doctors and nurses love to teach.
Current RN very satisfied!
RN Medical-Surgical/Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Parkridge East Hospital East Ridge, TN 37412February 13, 2019
I’ve been an RN on the med/surg/telemetry floor for 10 yrs now. I still love it and I plan to stay there until I retire, if possible. We have great team work on our unit and we have an awesome manager! She even brings us cake! Lol We’re like a big family and accept others into the group easily. We have self scheduling and it is very flexible. We work 3-12 hr shifts per week with opportunities for extra if we want it. The nurse/pt ratio on days is usually 4-5 pts per nurse. We all help each other and no one is afraid to ask questions or to ask for help. Documentation is easy once you get used to it. The doctors and Nurse Practitioners are easy to work with too. The work is never boring, but is also manageable. The Med/Surg unit is my favorite, by far, of all the other jobs I’ve had.
Pros
Teamwork, management, nurse/patient ratio
Cons
Cafeteria food too expensive
Awesome place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Ridge, TNSeptember 19, 2018
This is a great place to work! Everyone is so helpful and understanding of life out it work. The benefits are decent. Also, the nurse to patient ratio is not bad.
Great job. Good support.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2018
Loved my job in HIM at East Ridge. My ideas for improvement were received well and implemented. I managed the front office in HIM Department. Resources were wonderful. If I needed something, I was able to get it immediately. Worked with wonderful employees and physicians.
Pros
Great job, good benefits. Wonderful support
Cons
None.
Surgical Technologist / First Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Ridge, TNAugust 20, 2018
This has by far been the very place I have ever had the privilege to work and I would recommend this as The place to work and retire. Great benefits and flexible work schedule.
Fails to care about its employees and by extension, its patients
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421August 7, 2018
Parkridge Valley Hospital is more than happy to allow and in some cases expect, its employees to break their backs in order to fill employment holes that the company causes to itself by refusing to not only pay its employees a living wage, but showing no loyalty to even its managers who were there for decades and made the program what was. They failed to recognize, or at least care, that its employees were the reason for its success and it will fall to the wayside as Erlangers new psych hospital begins to pick up the staff that Parkridge lost in its inability to care about the people that matter the most. By extension, Parkride Valley Hospital does not care about its patients because they believe that their doctors are the sole reason for their success instead of a combination of psychiatry and an amazing staff that implements and enforces expectations while at the same time helping their patients through their various trauma.
Director, Day Surgery & Surgical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 1, 2018
Great atmosphere with a truly caring team at all levels. The administrative team really cares about the staff and always puts patients and their families at the forefront of all decisions.
I guess I rate it 5
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy the enter action of patient care and their families. You see a lot of things I especially enjoy working on the mother baby floor. That’s a great floor to work on. I am PRN in the float pool and I never know where I am going to be till that morning. I am a people person and I love to get to know them.
Pros
Enjoying taking care of people and meeting new people.
Cons
working holiday a lot. And weekend. Very long hours and short breaks and no communication skills
loved it
Assistant Laboratory Technician/ Phleb (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2018
Very fast paced, but a comfortable place to work. I learned a lot and enjoyed the people I worked with. My favorite part of the job was be able to working with the newborns.
Pros
good place
Cons
no cons
Summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 2, 2018
The turn over rate is high. The lack of adequate staffing mixed with irritable/violent/aggressive/demanding patients day in and day out causes nursing burnout.
Pros
mandatory lunch break, you will be able to use the bathroom unlike working med/surg
Cons
staffing, management
Cliquish / exclusive culture w/ an exceedingly corporate approach to medicine
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 5, 2018
Cliquish / exclusive medical staff culture - great if you're considered "in" - fairly unpleasant / unsupportive environment if not. Admin. focused primarily on numbers / metrics - patient care / quality of care takes a back seat - unless it can be delivered at the rate of > or = 3+ pts per hr. - even when acuity is higher.
Pros
Good pay / benefits, capable / talented medical staff
Cons
Patient care takes a back seat to metrics, metrics, metrics...
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Overall this was a pretty good place to work. Like any other job, there were some frustrating times. Especially when I had transitioned into a new department that didn't have a manager for a few months.
I felt like I had a voice and was able to help make changes to keep our patients and staff safer.
Pros
Co-workers, patients, time off, the food was pretty good
Cons
Workload per person
Becomes your work family
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2017
Small hospital where you know everyone. Tight work groups that become family. I would love to return to work at PEH if an opportunity became available.
Patient Access Specialist/ Insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 17, 2017
Dependable work. Concise and productive work flow,
Employee recognition for meeting expectations of management.
Employee Benefits and close, secured parking.
Pros
Employee benefits and over all moral of employees
Cons
Mandatory seasonal injections
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2017
It has been a good transition back into the hospital. They have plenty of learning opportunities. Though busy the floor I work on works very
well as a team.
Pros
3 12 hour shifts, good compensation
Cons
not enough staff at times, compensation could be better
Good environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2017
I loved working at Parkridge East Hospital. I miss every body there, they are such a fun fast group of people to work with. My typical day at work was to patrol , assist and to make sure everybody is safe. The management there was the best. The hardest part of my job was leaving to move back to California. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing everybody everyday.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Decent workplace
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 4, 2017
Decent workplace, decent hours, and ok overall. I would recommend to others for hire. And would stay with the place for sometime. There are several positives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkridge East Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkridge East Hospital Reviews by Location