Parks Coffee

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Sales driven company

The company l, like all companies of course is to make money but during this process, they forget to be honest with the employees about the hard work and heavy lifting required. The pay is low for the type of work needed to be successful. Instead of being dishonest about the work load to get people employed. Parks should be up front about the positions and pay more. They have made small changes but wearing black pants in Texas heat isn’t a good thing.

Pros

Changed shaving policies, commissions for sales.

Cons

Black pants, heavy lifting, low pay, dishonest about positions, no days off.

Keep Looking

Look to fire you any chance they get. You’re just a number. No benefits other than insurance which is insanely high. Load you with busy work. Revolving door of employees.

Pros

Cons

Bad moral, you’re just a number

They dont care about their employees

Don't work for this company they don't care about their employees and when u get fired from them they well not till why you got fired they well not till you at

Pros

Cons

Management sucks

Fun job get to interact with people easy work

I’ve throughly enjoyed my time with parks great company good incentives to push sales like upsale contest and fair commission scale. Coworkers are great it’s a small work family

Pros

Always moving around the days go by fast great coworkers commission is good

Cons

The trucks are old. Not being able to wear shorts.

Best Company

If there is one place in this world to work, it is here. Great people, great managers, great product. I always enjoy getting up in the morning and going to work there.

Pros

People and managers

Cons

Can't think of any

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Good people small sand box

Overall a great family run business, however upper management is disconnected from middle management and frontline staff in some departments creating real us vs them mentality amongst the entry level staff especially.

Fast paced and energetic

I love my job here. I do a lot of extra stuff but I like that so works good for me. Company stands by you in your time of need. Family oriented. Able to grow and learn more things. Now that some negative people are gone it's even better!!

Pros

People learning experience

Cons

Incentives

Pay is pretty decent but management isn't

They reel you in with a pretty decent pay even if you're completely inexperienced in the work. Then comes the huge list of unnecessary rules. Management can also be pretty hypocritical in their rules enforcement. Management is constantly watching cameras and is ready to crack the whip at the slightest sign of slacking. Most route drivers or service techs also are expected to skip lunch on most days to get their workload done. And when I say skip lunch I mean you are automatically clocked out for an hour every day and are expected to take a break in the middle of the day whenever you have time. But most of the time you need to skip lunch to get your work done, so have fun having an hour of pay stolen from you most days. Also if you're in a driving position be ready to get into incredibly run down trucks or vans, and dont expect them to get fixed any time soon. Also be ready to be trained by incompetent training staff. Some of the coworkers are great people and are very good at teaching new hires. Others not so much. And if you're lucky you'll end up in a van with someone who never buckles their seatbelt and constantly texts while driving.

Management had their heads stuck in the wrong places

Terrible leadership, each department is clueless and unable to effectively communicate in house. Leadership and direction come from Texas , leading to out of date and poor decisions being made. They promote the “do as your told “ mentality and discourage the innovation or progressive ideas needed to compete or advance in the industry. If you need an easy paycheck, do it .... don’t not make parks coffee a career move , total waste of time.

Pros

Weekends off, no management at all

Cons

Texas makes all the decisions, no HR dept, literally zero accountability.

“Just Wing It” attitude

The owners son’s run the business but have grown up privileged with no real sense of what Working Class really means. There are entirely way too many rules and comer as everywhere. The owners or HR are constantly listening in on the rooms and are constantly watching the cameras. I know because within 2 months of working there, I was advised to watch what I say and do by lots of employees, and received multiple phone calls about things that only someone in the room would know about. Personal conversations and common office banter is constantly quoted back to you by management. Everyone is underpaid and under appreciated, and I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone other than military personnel who appreciate being guided.

Pros

All the coffee you can drink.

Cons

Way too many chiefs and not enough soldiers. Way too many rules.

Worst place to work

Management is unprofessional. Company is unorganized. Blames you for mistakes you didn’t make. To many angry unsatisfied customers. Set routs are unorganized and not time mannered to be done regarding long distant driving and installs. Managers are rude. Company is probably cursed.

Bad horrible

Horrible place fo work at!!!The manager puts his own employees introuble for his mistakes !! He lies and the managers has a record for doing cocaine

Pros

No pros

Cons

Bad company

Not a good pace to work

To much for little pay stay away!! Too long for a route . Customer always complaining about their coffee . The the company is greedy they say the put money back in to business they don’t goes in thier pocket

Cons

Micro managed to the extreme

This company expects the world from you, but compensation doesn't match their expectations. Micro management full blown. They have someone watching you all of the time on the cameras because they always think the worst of their employees. Barking orders from corporate office that has no idea of whats going on. Outdated policies and dress codes. Pay changes all of the time without notice. When most companies are rewarding their employees for hard work, this company decreases your pay. This job is a dead end and won't lead to anything. They look for reasons to fire people. Hours don't justify the pay

Pros

Other employees that are good people

Cons

Owner is old school and runs business like we're in the 1970's

A grind, pardon the pun

This job gives you back what you put in, with an asterisk. If you want to try and grow your clientele during your stay here, you can, if the sales reps help you. Otherwise, good luck. The monotony will either thrill you or kill you. The pay is okay, and there are small bonuses thrown around, but the work you put in is proportional. The fact of the matter is, you are the only reason the people on your route get coffee, and if you can't show up one day, for whatever reason, either you tack their stops on another day, or you rarely get help. You don't return to the warehouse when you finish, so unless your sales rep has your back, have a nice time waiting until 3 before spending another hour packing.

Pros

Working with varying people, pay

Cons

Tied down to the job, monotony

Good job with so much potential

You get trained well, all the drivers are helpful. There will be a 2-3 hour window where you will feel that you are "working" but after that it's smooth/easy deliveries. You get to sight see a lot which at times makes the day fly. A stupid rule is the no facial hair rule, it's understandable but stupid considering it's 2020. No facial hair applies to everyone, so even if you stay long term and get promoted you are NEVER allowed to have a beard. Easiest money I ever made, if it wasn't for the facial hair rule I would've def. stayed.

Pros

Time flies when driving around all day, Trucks are modern with good AC and aux cord, no weekends worked ever

Cons

Management is lazy and offers little help, They expect YOU to be the mechanic for your truck, no facial hair allowed

Poor culture

Management is constantly having a passing contest with each other. They fire the very loyal workers and keep the thieves, the liars and lazy workers. Very dishonest company.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Jobs beats you down with made up rules everyday.

Awful place to work. Family lies to you.

Owner, wife, and 2 sons are awful Racist people. They pay at such a low rate and think people should be greatful to them for their job. Benefits are horrible, they expect you to work lots of hours, very small raises, no time off while the sons hardly work. Very little training.

Pros

It’s a job until you can find a better job.

Cons

Low pay, owner, wife, sons and daughter in law all work there and make it know they are smarter, prettier and cooler than you are.

Good place

Fun. To be honest. Work for your money . The supervisors help alot and the work isnt heavy The people are pretty chill there some "top salesmen" are greedy at times but that's about the only con

It was really good work for them, they give you all the knowledge and training you need to succeed

I think that worked for this company made me the guy that im now, I learned to do so many things that I didn’t know I can do, I would like to work for this company again

Productive and Excellent place to work

great job to work. Salary is fair the commission pay is excellent. company helps you to accomplish goals and motivates you to reach your sales. Has the family feel in keeping you moving forward great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parks Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5