Parkside Lending Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
CEO is a moron
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2018
This company grew for one reason- it got lucky at the right time, it is now painfully obvious that the CEO misread the market and over reached with expansion and expectations. The CEO is only concerned with sales, any other staff is secondary and an obstacle- He has said as much. As long as you are selling you can get away with anything - if you’re not in sales stay away from Parkside.

CEO also laid staff off before Christmas this year and last year then spent thousands of dollars on Christmas parties- only to do another round of layoffs a few months after having his parties (the layoffs also coincidentally happen right before he has to report his company earnings to his warehouse lines)
Ask anyone in the business who has ever worked with or for this guy (outside of sales) and they will tell you the same thing or worse.
Pros
Money
Cons
incompetent CEO
Volatile work environment
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 3, 2018
This company has encountered several layoffs every quarter in spite of hiring new staff regularly. Staff is left confused regarding direction from management
Owner does not know how to run the company
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 19, 2018
30 people laid off right before XMas and at the same time the owner threw an elaborate expensive XMas party right after which really showed that the owner did not care about the best interest of employees or how to manage their money for the business.
Pros
Nice people, Nice Xmas parties
Cons
Dishonest, bad managment
Technology Savy
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Ease of use for clients is paramount these days. Parkside is continually working to stay at the head of the pack. They care about the client, and the client's client.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Sometimes slow to react to market pricing.
Not structure very well, turnover is high , management. Turnover is high
Production (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2018
Would not recommend employment here , unless you’re just trying to get by and not long term, clueless management , zero support , expectations are unreal to meet
Pros
Pay
Cons
Different management every 3 months, moral of team is now where to be found, mission statement is over rated
Excellent Benefits, management, and office atmosphere
Closing (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work, they are very understanding for personal matters. The office is small and the coworkers are very friendly and outgoing. The job is stressful and very busy, but you have good management support.
Nice office and good location in Chandler AZ
Wholesale Underwriter III (Senior Underwriter) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work as far as the office goes. Remote manager made it difficult to receive timely feedback. Layoffs occurred often. Some people were nice but some people had a problem confronting problems head on.
Pros
Good Coffee
Cons
Layoffs and benefits were expensive.
Fun and encouraging place to work
QC Mortgage Underwriter - Post-Closing (Former Employee) –  Remote: Surprise, AZJuly 28, 2017
Very supportive, relaxing and encouraging place to work, holding great value on the team members. Their motto is "The Power of Caring"; and you really feel that. Unfortunately, my role was subject to elimination to low volume projections through year's end; and the company underwent exponential growth in the previous 2 years, and this was perhaps their only downfall, was that they then had to scale back tremendously.
Pros
ability to work remotely
Cons
subject to layoff, and thus my current search for re-employment.
Stressful work environment with no pay increases
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2017
Culture is okay, but the pay and the amount of work they throw at you is not doable. One of those places where you have to do 5 jobs for the same pay. Small lending company. Hard to take PTO due to the deadlines, procedure changes, and amount of work that has to be done with very little support from Management. Work/Life balance does not exist.
Pros
Can work remote from home
Cons
Accumulate PTO but cannot take it.
Ups and Downs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time here, but new management came in and the company lost it's employee focus and caring core value. It became more asset driven, which is Ok if you make sure that your employees are staying focused. It seemed decisions were being made at the top that were very poor. They lost some of their best upper management who left the company in the past year, which should have said something about the company's future. I don't see this company being in business in another year.
Pros
Peers
Cons
manage weekly schedule for public train and bus.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2017
Manage and maintain schedule for public bus and train on the week and weekend schedule, Prepare daily gasoline usage for train and bus for weekend and weekday plus holidays.
Horrible place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2017
I was with the company for 2 years. I worked hard, tolerated a verbally abuse office mate. I complained nothing happened. Oh wait, something did happen I was laid off. After 2 years of nonsense. I was laid off with 1 week of severance. Are you kidding me?

Stay away from this cult like company!!!
Pros
Cons
Uneducated individuals working for company, sneaking underhanded deals taking place
Dont apply not a good place to work
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Team lead needs to communicate with employees better. Communication very very bad. They can't keep people. Typical day was eight hours. Coworkers ok until something bad happens. I've learned that I will tell people not to apply there. Not a good experience.
Pros
Medical benefits good
Cons
Culture not good
ok company
Disclosure Desk Specialist/Closer/Funder (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 5, 2016
I have worked for this company for a year. I don't feel that they focus on their employees enough. there is good and bad with all companies. they need to make some changes fast
management needs new skills
qc processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 19, 2016
management is very poor , treats employees horrible

takes advantages of employees , cant keep employees

not somewhere you want to work

ok for a short while
Stable Company with Good Culture
Wire Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
As a wire desk coordinator at Parkside, my team is responsible for sending a high volume of closing wires. We touch every loan that Parkside funds, thus our efficiency and attention to detail are of the utmost importance. Each day, we are tasked with verifying and requesting dozens of wires before the daily funding cutoff. Wires are requested by funders and closers via email, therefore we receive upwards of 200 emails daily. Staying on top of email correspondence is essential to our success.

I enjoy the culture at Parkside, and I work with people who are professional and kind. Parkside stresses peer-to-peer recognition, which is exemplified through our "Pickle" program, which allows employees to give "pickles" to outstanding coworkers. At the end of each month, the top pickle recipients earn prizes.

Working with Parkside has given me an extremely keen eye for detail. In our position, every digit must be exact, lest a wire get sent to an incorrect account or in an incorrect dollar amount. I have developed a true eagle-eye for discrepancy. I have also improved upon my time management skills, as well as my ability to stay cool under pressure. We are required to request all wires before cutoff, which requires both accuracy and efficiency.
Pros
Good Culture, Stability, Catered Breakfasts/Lunches
Cons
Pay raises are minimal, work is repetitive and lacks room for advancement
Nice place to work
Quality Control Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 10, 2016
Small privately owned company. Daily duties varied depending upon work load and assignments. Dedicated, fun loving co-workers. Looked forward to work each day.
Pros
Interested in community service projects
If you do not like the up and down of the mortgage industry stay away
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 9, 2016
Hardest part of the job was dealing with sales staff that had no control over their brokers and the quality of loans submitted.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Management unpredictable and sales staff not having the teams back, Work life balance can be hard when busy but its the mortgage industry, Layoffs when slow
Worst Business Management
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2016
This place was probably the worst place I have ever worked for given the poor management in place and failing business model for growth
Growing and changing environment
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2016
Embraced the Experience the Power of Caring tagline; honor the standards company is working to incorporate into company as it grows.
Pros
Remote capability
Cons
numerous growing pains