Parkview Health System Employee Reviews

Terrible pay for LPN’s
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 11, 2018
LPN hourly wages are as low as they get. You are expected to give “excellent service” on “poor pay”. Many of the upper management teams decide how clinical employees should operate especially in the office setting when they have no idea how an office works. Other than low pay, the benefits are actually good. Dental, medical, and vision insurances are offered at a discount price if you complete some health goals for the previous year.
Pros
Insurance Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Would not recommend
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 1, 2018
No diversity at Parkview. Minorities do not received any advancement opportunities. Good pay and benefits. Too much work after hours. Would not recommend.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Positive place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 25, 2018
I have been with Parkview for nearly 15 years. The support from leadership is very strong with encouragement to improve oneself academically and physically/mentally.
Pros
Strong leadership support and positive work environment
Parkview is a fine place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 22, 2018
Good pay . It is a fine place to work. Have good benefits for employees. Always trying to make difference to the patients that they serve. Working to provide better healthcare for the community that they serve.
very good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 20, 2018
When working at Parkview Health I took care of the patients on my floor. Everyone worked as a team to make shur everyone was ok with their own work load.
Parkview is an excellent place to work for.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 3, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Parkview. Being a graduate of Medtech College after working for Parkview for 19 years and becoming a nurse but not being considered for working in the ER as a nurse is discouraging but I will find something as a nurse soon.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No lunch most of the time and short staffed. Holiday and weekend work
Great PTO
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 27, 2018
This company is on of the few that really gives you a lot of time off. I think a company that can see that there employees time away from work is just as important as there time away.
Loved my Parkview job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2018
I really loved working at this hospital. I’ve learned a lot there including arterial draws. Draw patients route timed drawswnd any draws in the ER. Draw patients on the floors and ER
Pros
Hospital
Cons
Understaffed
Careers at Parkview will steal your life.
Information Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2018
A career at Parkview pays well and provides benefits;however they don't care about you or what you try to accomplish outside of Parkview. If you aren't 110% commited to Parkview, then you need not apply because they don't care.
They will not adjust your hours, they don't care. They have pockets to line and patients to care for. If you aren't a board member or a patient THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. Every employee is just a number and you will be treated as such.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, excessive schedules, heartless leadership
Don't Trust Managers
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 4, 2018
You lose all trust when your manager violates your privacy by accessing your medical records illegally. That really burns that trust bridge. You lose confidence in seeking help or asking questions. Any one that is not management, would have been fired on the spot.
Cons
Manager, promotions, ability to advance
Best place to work with some good benefits.
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2018
I feel at home working at Parkview Health. Great hospital that cares about everyone. I have been working at Parkview since 2016 and I loved it. Great health benefits.
Pros
Great management. Commited to patients as well as its employees
Cons
N/a
Good job to work
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 13, 2018
Good job to work and the company works hard to provide you with the tools you need to do your job.

The down side is that you need to get your experience some-ware else to be considered for employment. There is not a lot of opportunity to change carriers while there.
I do not know the culture
Charge Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 4, 2018
I have not worked for this company for over 15 years, I could not accurately give a review. When I worked there the staff got along well with one another
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2018
The first 12 years was the best. Family oriented. Staff helped staff become more than what we were! Encouraged one another! Since my bosses have left things have become gloomy. It seems moral is very low.
Cons
Short or no breaks. No staff. High turn over. No management. Clicky
Deserves it's high rating for best place to work
Access Center Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 20, 2018
Parkview itself is a wonderful company to work for, as they are a not for profit healthcare organziation. Most department have excellent leadership, as well as encouragment to excell and grow within the company. Several chances for internal job advancement.
Sounds too good to be true
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 19, 2018
The thought of being able to say you work at parkview seems amazing, and the insurance is great-until you actually get in there. It's a nightmare. The "supervisor" I worked under was incredibly cut throat and two faced. Would "ask" (passively act like you would get in trouble if you said no) you to come in on days off, ask you to work 12-16 hour shifts. Incredibly micro-managing yet never wanted to be bothered to come in and help or to be asked questions. You will more than likely not get a break during your shift, just a heads up.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
No break, expected to pick up all hours
Loved working there but took a major pay cut
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2018
Only complaint is pay structure. I made more as an LPN in another state than as an RN in Indiana.Physicians and staff I worked with showed care and compassion not normally found in the area.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Pay
Parkview welcomes growth
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 15, 2018
I've loved working here. The people in Patient Transport are not as welcoming to people of color. I interviewed the past few Pt.Transporters in this position via Facebook. The rest of the hospital is awesome.
Pros
Advancement. You can go to college for free.
Cons
Not racially diverse.
Summer Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2018
This was a summer internship in the logistics department. The staff and management were extremely warm and took the time to help me learn the different jobs. Fantastic place to work.
Teamwork
Nurse in ICU Department (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 24, 2018
We are pretty busy in the RICU floor. Good teamwork helps us to survive the day. At the end of the day with lots of patient turnover, we still make differences in our patient and that helps me to be proud of being a nurse.