Parkview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good collaborative environment with other employees
Circulating RN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 19, 2018
Felt a constant pressure from upper management to turn over cases quickly. Also, was pushed by upper management to be constantly available or “on-call”. They viewed all my time as theirs, and did not respect that I had family obligations at home.
Pros
Good collaborative environment with other employees
Cons
Constant pressure from upper management to increase the bottom line
Competitive Atmosphere
Benifits (Current Employee) –  PuebloMarch 12, 2018
Working for Parkview was a fast paced environment and competitive. I would recommend Parkview to anyone. Employees are fun and energetic and passionate about their jobs.
Benefits
Great benefits
Recruit/Sect.Coordinator, Front Office Asst (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 5, 2018
Department managers need to treat employees like people, not slaves or robots. Upper management is understanding for the most part. Pay is competitive.
Largest Employer in Pueblo, Colorado
Director of Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 4, 2018
Parkview Medical Center is the regions largest employer in Southern Colorado. They offer the regions only level 2 trauma center and are continuously working on physical enhancements and state of the art additions to the facility to accommodate their ever growing census. They offer competitive benefits and pay. Staff have great customer service skills. They have a history of CQI and statistical process control. The hardest part of the job was finding the volume of qualified candidate needed and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was able to meet and work with.
Pros
On-site daycare, on-site employee/physician gym, competitive pay, competitive benefits, the on-site employee/patient retail pharmacy was the BEST, Cafe Perkview open until 1 a.m. on-site cafeteria, gated employee parking with timely shuttle services to the hospital, State of the art facilities, friendly and competent staff
Cons
patient and guest parking
Awesome company to work for
Student RN (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work for. Tons of opportunity for advancement. Management is great. Offers great benefits and is always helpful when furthering your education.
benefits
Cons
can be understaffed
excellent staff
Psych liaison (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 13, 2018
Parkview is an excellent facility/hospital to work for. Fellow employees were professional and very knowledgeable in their fields. doctors were willing to listen to information from the psych department and worked hand in hand to make the best decision for the clients.

The hospital overall treated employees with respect and compassion and worked to ensure that all employees were able to succeed in their chosen profession.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
the hours
I really liked working with the patient's, they made it fun.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 13, 2018
I did not have a good experience there: I got bullied by others workers, management did not treat their employees very good. The only good part of this job was the patient's.
Pros
Patients and overtime
Cons
They do not treat their employees good, you are bullied.
Wonderful co-workers, office politics unfair
Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 2, 2018
Fast paced office. Management not so fair when it came to me not being able to work because of health reasons and I had a doctor's excuse for the days I was absent.
Pros
Fast paced, free lunches
Cons
Management unfair
Pleasant
License Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 23, 2018
Pleasant place to work. Loved the staff I worked with. Did not have advancement in my position. Lead nurse was assigned to her post, had no psych experience.
Management is untethered, favoritism is everywhere, and doctors are snobs who will hinder your workflow intentionally.
Anon (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 19, 2018
First and foremost, this hospital fosters a culture of disrespect. Disrespect is unchecked. If you work in an ancillary department, YOU WILL BE SHORTHANDED. you will do the job of 2-3 people and shut up about it. You will be paid less than a Walmart employee as an ancillary staff member. Your duties will expand x3 and your pay will remain stagnant excluding the rare, patronizing 2%. Department heads do as they please. If you aren't a nurse or doctor, it's a tough place to come to every morning.
Pros
Good benefits, can get time off
Cons
Disrespect from everyone, short staffing, ABYSMAL market pay
Great people work there but Management is not very good
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81003January 17, 2018
Hospital CEO is a selfish self absorbed individual that pretends to care about the patients and staff while he clearly focuses on keeping his salary higher than most CEOs.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
CEO selfish agenda
Better than most hospitals
Registered Nurse I, Oncology/Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 15, 2018
Especially as a new nurse, Parkview was a wonderful place to learn. There was good teamwork, supportive staff, and many opportunities to improve skills. The feeling of being a part of a team/family was stronger here than most hospitals I have worked at.
Pros
Great learning environment, career advancement
Cons
Short staffed, small town
Stressful
Registered Nurse Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81003January 4, 2018
Often called on to give more but without resources. Volunteered to assume other duties but without support. Not recognized for contributions. Others advanced with less investment.
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse III/Critical Care Float RN (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2017
I was employed with Parkview for more than 15 years, My managers were amazing, fair, and encouraging people. The CEO is one of the most pleasant men to work for.
Pros
broad spectrum of experiences available, always busy
Cons
can be a "who you know" place, always busy
Great nurses
LPN II and then (Former Employee) –  PuebloDecember 9, 2017
Very face paced. Patient ratio a little high for one nurse. Parkview invested time in training and never allowed a nurse on the floor unless she was comfortable.
Great staff, hard work
FLOAT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 27, 2017
The people I worked with are fabulous. A lot of wonderful, hard working individuals. I enjoyed the overall work. However, the patients are very difficult, and more and more charting is added all the time.
I really enjoyed it here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I only left because of a misunderstanding. I would have gladly stayed. I loved the turnover rate of patients and meeting new people. My coworkers were wonderful. And the management always tried to be helpful.
I loved what I did but the staff were unpleasant.
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 17, 2017
Loved drawing blood and taking care of patients. The management wasn’t experienced. The co workers were unfriendly and unfair. Think it was just the department
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
fun working environment
VALET DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 12, 2017
-a typical day at work is just parking cars and interacting with the customers
-the workplace culture is even though we have fun, you have to work hard and get your job done.
-the most enjoyable part about the job is interacting with the customers
Labor and Delivery
OB Surgical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 8, 2017
I love Parkview and working in Labor and Delivery. It can be very stressful at times, but it's a good place to work! I have learned a lot from working there and am proud of the compliments I have received from patients I have taken care of. It's an honor for me to take help and take care of people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkview Medical Center Reviews by Location