Parkview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoy my benifits
Biomed/ Safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  400 West 16th Street Pueblo Colorado 81003September 14, 2018
I would love to stay in my currant position. Unfortunately the pay is forcing me to look for better opportunities. Co-workers could be trying at times.
RN – The Joint Center – orthopedics floor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 14, 2018
loved working for Parkview.
My co-workers supported each other.
Did not like floating as much as I did.
I just could not do the >1 hour drive to work anymore
enjoyable place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  RehabSeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed working a Parkview. The company was wonderful to work for. the people I work with were wonderful and management was easy to talk to when you needed to.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no cons
Excellent workplace and community
Phlebotomist 2 (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 27, 2018
Parkview is an absolutely delightful place to be employed. There are many areas for advancement or moving to other areas or departments in the hospital. The employees love their jobs and love the patients, and the evidence of this is exceedingly clear.
Pros
Competitive pay, paid time off, wonderful management and human recourse department
As below
RN Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 22, 2018
The most important aspect of working at Parkview to me was the emphasis and cooperation of team work. I felt I could call on and talk to any of my co-workers and my boss at any time. Hardest part of job was deadlines. We all had fun and the hospital provided many activities for employees. Most enjoyable part of job was knowing patients had postiive and satisfactory outcomes.
Pros
hospital sponsored activities and perks
Cons
deadlines and difficulty obtaining some services on weekends
Always supportive coworkers and management.
Charge / Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81001August 20, 2018
It is the best hospital I have ever worked at .I had a flexible schedule and very few low census days. fellow staff member's work together as a team. We had appropriate training for new equipment and evidence based practices. I enjoyed working with the Doctors.
Fast Paced
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 1, 2018
Parkview medical center provides a great opportunity to see many diagnoses and become well rounded in acute care. The CEO is one of the best people I have ever worked for;
Pros
Management, lots of patients, good benefits
Cons
lower pay
Coder/Intern
INTERN/CODER (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81003July 20, 2018
I had a well rounded internship at Parkview. My supervisor explained everything in great detail. I learned a lot from this internship that I will use on my new career job.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
needs more parking for employees
Parkview is a very good place to work.
Director of Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 19, 2018
The culture is very collaborative, and the CEO is very connected to all staff throughout the organization. I have had the opportunity to learn the Revenue Cycle from beginning to end. I enjoy working at Parkview.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
No cons - I am looking to expand my career at another level
a cohesive hospital, a very good training ground
RN Staff Nurse ICU- Neuro Trauma / Med Surg (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 18, 2018
The ICU is managed efficiently, often we get our preferred work schedule, very good training ground for both new grads and young nurses as their whole working process of documentation is superb and the hospital is a teaching one for Pulmonology and Gastroenterology which the said hospital has good fellowship programs for both specialties.
Pros
very good training ground - very varied cases
Cons
low salary rate and mediocre benefits
use to be a great place
Emergency room tech (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 17, 2018
changes in department heads, run like a hitler youth group, parkviews pat care has diminished to the point of repulsive, nurses are rude. you are treated like a number not a patient
Pros
caring for others
Cons
management
rehab tech
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 14, 2018
i assisted therapist with all their jobs as well as floors with all of the heavy lifting. job was fun and got to meet alot of awesome people. i highly suggest working for parkview
No management, no lunch or rest breaks, no real benefits to working at this hospital
Registered Trauma nurse-ER (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 9, 2018
There is no moving up in this company, or very little. Their raises are minimal and they do not care about their nurses with experience who have been with the company, only nurses that they can hire and pay less!
Love working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2018
Parkview is a great place to work. They are willing to teach and go the extra mile when it comes to there employees. They offer lots of programs for growth with in the company and medical.
close knit family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 2, 2018
Everyone there was like family. I enjoyed the ever constant changes daily along with the people I worked with daily. The patients were great, the doctors were great, the nurses were great, everyone helped everyone to succeed. Alot of great memories from working at Parkview Medical Center.
Pros
flexible schedule, Pto
Cons
I don't really have any at this moment
Hostile work enviroment
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 22, 2018
Communication is not there with staff and management therefore creating a hostile work environment. Hardest part of the job is lack of ownership, everyone is quick to point the finger.
Great community hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 21, 2018
The hospital really cares for patients and staff. The care is 100% focused on what is best for patients. With all hospitals, understaffing is a common problem. Managers try to schedule fairly and adequately.
Pmc
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 1, 2018
They have good care. They have very nice staff. Their ancillary services people are all very nice. The cafeteria food is good. The cafeteria staff are all friendly.
Pros
location
Cons
could treat the cna's better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 21, 2018
good place to be but could treat the cna's better than they do. and to offer a chance to improve and not so much of clicks to were no one talks to the lower class of workers.
Good enviornemt
Patient attendant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 16, 2018
I liked all of the staff that I worked with. Got along with everyone. The ceo was very great and nice. Worked nights then day shift was a very easy transition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkview Medical Center Reviews by Location