Parma City School District

Parma City School District Employee Reviews

I have taught in several situations--inner city, parochial, alternative school, on-line school (P.A.S.S) and believe my twenty years in the Parma City Schools were the best. The last twelve years at Valley Forge High School stand out as the most creative, productive years that I experienced during my twenty-eight years of teaching. The staff was supportive and the administration allowed me wide berth to be creative.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
building are older in the district, and some don't have air conditioning so early openings (August) can be tough
I love working with Parma City Schools they treat there employees fair the teachers are great and they go out of there way to help all the children in the the district.
love making a difference in someones life working with kids as well as adults love to work with a team great benefits although the split schedule is rough love to drive anytime good with tasks and direction and making routes nad schedule
To many school days off during school year without pay, way too much taken out of my pay every two weeks, union dues, sers..high taxes and worrying if was going to have a job the next school your..no thanks
Parma Schools is a nice place to work, I enjoy what I do as a Bus driver, I have a awesome supervisor, He is pretty fair, I enjoy working here at Parma, Need more money, I feel we are under paid as driver, Because we do a lot, It would be nice to get a raise, This is the lowest I have ever made as a Bus Driver.
Pros
Very nice place to work
Cons
The money is good as a Bus Driver
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Avoid working here they treat people vary poorly. Vary poor rated district in overall scores They need a new superintendent They don’t care about the poor training that they give to potential drivers
Pros
It was always a fun time going to work and knowing all the people around you! Coaching teenagers was easier than i thought it would be. I cant wait to participate again starting in the summer!
Teaching in a district that is supportive of innovative ideas is even better! All teachers need a raise ~ all teachers need less stress from poor educational policy made by unqualified legislators ~ and all teachers could use greater morale. This is progressive, responsive to employees and implementing new strategies to be a leader in education.
Pros
Great, consistent schedule, colleagues are amazing
Cons
Respect from the public
I worked there for 32 years. Pretty easy going.Assigned jobs and left alone to complete them. Great benefits and decent pay.Always opportunity to switch jobs through out the system.
Pros
Benefits.Payed time off.Working environment.
Cons
Contract negotiations
Great people but lack of hiring made it impossible to ever greet a decent route. Makes it impossible not to greet there worse off the worse. I realize its hard to hire people but they don't seem to even be trying.
Pros
Good People
Cons
No hiring under me
Chose to Not Comment, Experiences with this school district are different for everyone. District has and always will face hardship. Varying opinions based on individual positions as well as individual schools and administrative turnover.
I enjoyed the students and my colleagues helped me to grow professionally. Unfortunately, the district has been financially mismanaged, leading to a stressful working environment.
Pros
faculty, students
Cons
administration
I loved my opportunity at Parma city schools. I recommend this school district to anyone in education. I worked with a fun-loving bunch of teachers! Apply Today!
Loved my time there. The people I cam across were great. The district is organized very well from the top all the way to the bottom. Really feels like a place I can call home.
At Parma, I was a substitute teacher for the district. Each day broght new opportunities and challenges as I changed schools, grade levels, and disciplines. The job was rewarding in that it provided opportunities to work with students of many ages and backgrounds. It was challenging in that I was placed in different classrooms each day.
Pros
working with students
Cons
No continuity of assignments
The Parma city school board is a good place for a young individual to get a job at a starting level and work their way up through experience and testing.
I would start my work day in the classroom and work with the children one-on-one on the computer doing different programs the teacher had set up for us. Varying from website games to educreations to microsoft word to switches, etc. I would then assist and monitor the student to all their classes, lunch and then return to the classroom to complete life skills one-on-one with each student. There were 9 students in our classroom and I would see each one in 15 minute intervals. I would also on occasion help with math, reading and writing as the teacher needed assistance. Through out the day I would assist the students with and personal hygiene or toiletries care they needed. All of my coworkers and superiors were amazing individuals who you could tell loved their jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children learn, grow and reach all there goals with knowing I helped them get there! The hardest part of my job was putting in my notice when I moved to a different county.
Pros
Making a difference in the students lives.
Cons
Not much opportunity for over time...
I work with elementary aged children on the subjects of Math, English, Reading etc.
I have been employed with the PCSD for 21 years. As a second career teacher my past experience in the "outside world" gives me a clear vision on how dedicated and hard working the teaching staff in this district are. This is not a nine to five job! The rewards are seeing our students grow and succeed. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and stay current with the changes and future advancements of 21st century education.
I help set up audio and video equipment for filming and production of sporting events. I have learned a lot of technical information and details on running production. The hardest part of the job is getting the exact shot and being able to focus on a moving player at the same time to get the perfect video clip, it is a challenge but I definitely love the challenge more and more everyday.
I was self supervised which was nice. I knew what I needed to get done and did it. My boss was great and so was my co workers. Enjoyed by job for the most part but compensation was terrible. Benefits were fantastic. Hardest part of job was nite shift and juggling the kids being a single parent and working at nite. Most of the school employees were like family and that was great. Job advancement was very limited and there was no raises for 5 yrs. Left for day shift and more money.
Pros
very close to home/great benefit/employees like family
Cons
salary too low, limited job advancement