Parsley Energy Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work, Great Culture
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
The people make the culture and from the top down the people at Parsley are committed to excellence in every respect. The management is approachable and open, the company is growing, plus, its a really fun place to work.
Pros
free lunches once a week, gym available, long lunch breaks, approachable management, great PTO, healthcare, etc; growing company
Cons
Great place to gain experience in a fast paced work environment.
Senior Completions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great place for entry to mid-level engineers to learn the ins and outs of the petroleum industry. Awesome work environment that is headquartered in the heart of a growing city.
Managment
Well Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
They are not on the same team, They are all over the place when it comes to drilling a well. Have good workplace culture. They are falling behind on wells. There is a power struggle in management.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Management not on same page
Management is horrible-
IT (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 26, 2018
The company believes in who ever can lie and kiss up the most is the one who will survive at this poorly ran company. It’s amazing that managers can bring in people with no experience and they can get all of recognition when they did not do anything. The people I worked with outside my group were amazing however the IT management needs a real wake up call when it comes to who is really handling what. There are a lot of u sneaking and backstabbing in the IT and what one can do and say
Pros
Benefits and that’s it
Cons
Everything inside the IT group
Promising company with ample benefits but lacks institutional maturity
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
Promising company with ample benefits but lacks institutional maturity. Explosive growth of the company over a short period of time has left gaps in foundational integrity that will be challenging to overcome in the short-term.
Pros
tremendous benfits
Cons
underdeveloped organizational structure and cronyism
Enjoyable people and good benefits
Supervisor - Inventory Assets (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 14, 2018
It is a fun place to work and I enjoy everyone I work with, however my manager is disengaged and provides very little support for me and my staff.

After 2.5 years we finally rolled out a material management system which has improved my ability to reconcile the yards I manage.

The company has extremely good benefits.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
Poor communication and lack of leadership in my department
Incompetent management
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
The management in IT is incompetent. Most have irrelevant degrees (if any at all) and no previous relevant experience. Management is assigned based on connections. Technology stack is non-existent. The HR process is broken. Management does not communicate any issues to the staff until one day they do firing on a spot by a surprise.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday, paid benefits
Cons
cowboy company culture, hiring based on no merit
was a good company until about 1.5years ago
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 11, 2017
in the beginning Parsley was an excellent place to work. the company grew to quick and the management lost touch with reality and the family culture disappeared due to poor middle management.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
poor middle management.
Very Unprofessional, Wrong way to do Business
Coding / AP (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2017
I worked very hard for them and loved what I was doing. I has surgery and came back 5 days later to no job. Never spoke one work to any of my managers or who I have been working with for those 8 weeks. The were going to hire me on got my hopes up and everything. It was incredibly unprofessional and very rude. Especially after all that I learned.
Pros
Free Lunch every Wednesday.
Cons
Management was fake, they put on an act for liking, unprofessional, they are very under qualified for there positions very low communication.
professinal and productive enviroment
Temp Assignment (Current Employee) –  Midland TXApril 12, 2017
management is professional and extremely helpful, team players in all departments, a true family fill within company employees. Great incentives as well as benefits,
Boss is a very caring man about everyone
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX and Austin TXMarch 23, 2017
Parsley Energy is the best place I have ever worked. They are a caring , fun family. I enjoyed going to work everyday! The people there are the best!
I learned a lot from the CEO. And the management are down to earth people.
Pros
Lots of perks!
Frac crew (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Worked with alot of folks who I worked with at slb. These are good and fair people to work for. Learned alot more about frac work and very thankful for this.
Pros
Treat us like family
Cons
Not much work
Learned to validate and code.
Validator/Coder (Former Employee) –  Midland, TExasAugust 26, 2016
Expected to validate and code around 200 invoices daily. I had to make sure the invoices had been scanned correctly and call the vendor to re-send an invoice if it wasn't in our system right. When coding I called the vendor or Production Foreman if there was a problem with the invoice. The biggest problem was the well name wasn't right.

I learned how to use Spendworks and Oildex how to validate and code. How to be a team player.

It was hard trying to get all those invoices in everyday. I enjoy data entry.

I had 1 1/2 hour for lunch which I thought was wonderful. My own office.
Pros
1 1/2 hour lunches. Great benefits.
Cons
From my office It was a long walk to the bathroom and kitchen.
Productive and great place to work
Consultant - Contract Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Midland Tx, Lamesa Tx, Rankin, TXAugust 9, 2016
This company is a great place of employment. The people are very professional and look out for the best interest of all parties involved in all day to day operations.
Enjoyable Job
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 31, 2015
The job in itself was enjoyable and challenging. There is a real lack of communication in the local office which is contributing to a sense of fear and anxiousness amongst the employees. Employees are also hand picked for open positions rather than giving everyone an opportunity to apply.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, great insurance
Cons
lack of communication company wide
Great Company
Accts.Receivcable (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 10, 2015
This is a great company learned alot about drilling oil.and the people were good about putting family first,and the benafits were very good .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsley Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Parsley Energy Reviews by Location