Parsons Employee Reviews

Great Company
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was wonderful. The compensation and benefits were great. Work/Life balance was great.
Nice place to work
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2019
Very happy with the treatment I received at Parsons. I loved the travel and the support I received. My manager was very supportive and knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Support
Cons
Loss of contract
Solid place to work.
Key Account Management Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I was at Parsons for a total 4 years. During that time there many business challenges that we worked together to overcome. Not a great culture for employees though. Everything is very structured not give a lot if room for creativity. No real employee recognition to speak of.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Culture, recognition
Management was very poor
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 4, 2019
I worked as a go between Parsons and Verizon delivering job packages to Verizon after Verizon rejected Parsons manager from delivering the packages. I also did some quality control but was limited on what I could say that was wrong. I was offered supervisor position but because Verizon was have problems with the manager I declined and hired another retired person from Verizon to be the supervisor. Verizon later rejected Parsons contract which is the reason I left.
Pros
I learned FTTP
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed being a part of a team but working in my own office
Identity and Access Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 3, 2019
My job duties weren't hard, I enjoy the team and the work I do. I also love the fact I had my own office and there isn't any micro managing. Everyone do their jot. I wish this was a more permanent situation but it is not. I will use what I have learned from this position to enhance any future employment in this field.
Nice place to work
Director of Procurement (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 13, 2018
Secure place to work. Energy job focused on DOE support. Critical job analysis dealing with tight schedules and $300M procurement budget. Good management team.
Fun work Place
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA, USDecember 12, 2018
I had a good time working on the VDOT contract. I grew with the company and took on more responsibilities. Working with the Finance and Fleet gave me more knowledge to be successful.
Work Environment
Engineering Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2018
10 hour work days with a small crew ( 3-5) working to accomplish a job in a short amount of time. The management does not know how to adjust to issues or handle their employees with care. Work environment is very safe and some what organized at times.
Pros
Full time work week
Cons
Lack of management and advancement.
Good Company
Project Manager - Rail System (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2018
Good company to work for with lots to learn if you're willing. Many people are looking to help you and teach you. Excellent way to interface with external customer and learn customer relationship building.
Great Opportunity, Unprofessional managment
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 30, 2018
I was hired right out of the Navy and was grateful to have the opportunity to continue in the IT field as a contractor. Unfortunately my project manager lacked professionalism. threatening physical harm because of the way i wore my hair.
Pros
Learning experience on the project.
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Parson provide me with invaluable experience.
Senior Field Inspector/Owner Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2018
Parsons hired me to be a Project Manager for Dallas Independent School District in 2006, unfortunately we were not selected for the project. Parson than offered me a position in the Facility Condition Assessments Group where I worked until October 2011.
Weird work environment....
Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2018
Went in for an internship and was told I was going to work daily from 9:00 to 5:00. Once in, barely gave me assignments because they were in budget crisis. Three young employees quit while I was in my Summer Internship. My peer would barely communicate with me.
Pros
Alright Pay
Cons
Older employees didn't seem to have much interaction with younger ones.
Good
Video Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CANovember 17, 2018
My mananger was great. He was very flexible and generous. This made the time I was there as a contract employee great. Meet a lot of great people there.
All depends on where you start
Manager of Engineering Services (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 12, 2018
Parsons is huge company and your trajectory is all determined where you start and what you're brought on board to do. promotion and advancement is not something Parsons is good at.
Great Company
SCA Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. They really care about the employees and that they have everything need to get the job done. If you needed some personal time off, they were willing to work with you as long as coverage was there
Large civil construction firm, focusing on government work.
Facility and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 7, 2018
Solid civil construction firm with a worldwide presence, dabbling in wireless communications. Good compensation and benefits with all jobs being handled as projects. Once your project is done, it is up to the employee to search for another "job" within the company, nothing is automatic.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
No guarantee of employment after projects end.
Flexible hours, location available, great benefits
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 6, 2018
Management allows you to do your job with minimal supervision. Flexible hours and working from home are options that are available to employees. A multi culture company. Overall a good company to work for.
Fair working experience
Site Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 5, 2018
Joined company as CT Main. Main was a small company with very interpersonal attributes. Company purchased by Parsons and quickly became a small fish in a very large pond.
Shady Management
Principal Law and Contracts (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 3, 2018
They would lie to you hire you and make you all sorts of promises and dreams of career advancement. They have constant layoffs and reorganization’s (2-3 times a year). Only the people with connections survive. They use you like a napkin and toss you away.
Pros
Nice area in Pasadena
Cons
No job security
Not a very secure place to work
Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 31, 2018
I would not recommend this place if you are seeking an established or organized place to work. I did not feel supported or valued at this place of employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsons. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight