Parsons

Parsons insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Ultra conservative employee owned company

Employee owned, leading to a very conservative approach to business development. Not sure of who they were or what they wanted to do. Strategy was a work in progress and they often changed in mid stream

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Stagnation

Focused on acquiring companies and turning them around for profit

parsons acquired my company and within month completely disrupted the workplace culture that we enjoyed, a majority of main stay employees left due to the change and loss of benifits

Pros

pays well

Cons

Unappealing corporate culture

Minimal overhead in providing support to the customer

Typical day involves artifact review and technical advisement to the customer. Continuous learning regarding new processes and technologies. Management approach is focused on customer support and workplace culture is similarly focused. Hardest part of job is dealing with difficult customers while the most enjoyable part is having customers appreciating your efforts.

Pros

Minimal management overhead

Cons

Less than stellar 401K matching

Nice facility, bad pay, no freedom

At first I thought the place and people were nice. Upon me leaving I realized going to my next job that the management was ridiculous. I've seen employees sick be told to stay and work. I broke a finger and my boss said and I quote "you are fine, I know a broken finger and that's not broke" x-rays the next day said otherwise. Pay is garbage and the hours really suck. They could influence more overtime on weekdays instead of making sure your weekend belongs to them. They do offer profit sharing which is always a high percent but good luck getting a decent wage at this place. You are always metaphorically a convict when you work in a factory. At my new job the inmates run the yard. At Parsons, you are a inmate being closely watched. One nice thing is the facility is very clean and organized.

Pros

Good Benefits and profit sharing with 401k and well organized

Cons

Bad pay, no freedom, really sucked the happiness out of me

Big company. Good work/life balance but troublesome projects and difficult acquisitions

It's a big company now. Good people are found here and local management is supportive. It was a fairly nice work environment pre-COVID. But day-to-day work seemed to lack tangible direction unless there was a specific emergency. In general projects seemed to be created as proofs-of-concept but expected to produce deliveries as if there had been significant formalization. Acquisitions of smaller companies made things very difficult for employees of the acquired companies: repeated benefits corrections, corporate desktop/IT policies not supportive of software development (admin access, ability to run services, corporate software restrictions incompatible with project-specific technology, etc.), constantly changing HR and IT security policies, sloppy network transition/integration with acquired companies.It often seemed more important to demonstrate training, certification and adoption of concepts such as SAFe than to acknowledge gaps between the real world and where such concepts would make sense to apply.Corporate middle-management seemed like a closed community: promotions seemed to be based on the existing structure/management/friends of whoever/whatever acquired company was in control of the next acquisition.

Pros

Ok benefits, supportive local management

Cons

Lacking leadership, lazy customer participation in contracts

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Flexible hours learn from management

The management mentors the employees, to advance and build future feedback and take charge in the employee's tasks, goof benefits, and fantastic pay.recommend to join and hold.

Pros

diversity and mutilitple work load

Cons

work load is excessive sometimes and mutliple tasks

Great company

Great company to work for. Lots of organized management. Not too high salaries. People are friendly. No overtime hours. Friendly environment. Great benefits

Pros

Great strong company with lots of opportunities

Cons

Low raises and low salaries

401k match once a year - maybe - and you dont know how much

I have never seen a company with this kind of "matching" program. For a billion dollar company, it is crazy. Parsons matches your 401k once a year, in January. Maybe. You dont find out until then if they will be matching or how much.BTW Parsons annual revenue is somewhere around $4 Billion per year.This makes it impossible for families to do any sort of retirement or sound financial planning. To say nothing of the fact that if you leave the company say in November, you get $0 in matching for those 11 months.Great company if you find yourself a good team to work for.

Old fashioned company

A perfect place for dull but steady employment. The software we used was laughably old, and the offices were rather sterile and boring, though certain administrative staff members put in the effort to make things special, particularly around the holidays.

Pros

401K, healthcare, dental, vision

Cons

Drab work environment, dated software and equipment, few company perks

Sucks

Don't appreciate employees that work hard they'll run you into the ground if you're a hard worker they don't appreciate hard work at all and alot of favoritism.

Pros

Free lunches

Downward decline.

Things have not been going well on the Federal Services side of the business. There have been loss of programs with tons of layoffs and the company doesn't seem to care to retain their engineers. This is causing remaining talent to leave due to lack of job security.Leadership is disgracefully poor. Especially upper. Some in leadership only care to advance their personal careers and not the company's. There is definitely the "good ole boys" mentality when it comes to individuals that get promoted and move up the ladder. There have definitely been "unusual" promotions. Some promotions to VP that have left some folks baffled. It doesn't appear program performance is a criteria in selecting individuals to promote to VP. Dozens of folks are getting laid off and programs are disappearing, meanwhile folks running those programs are getting promoted. Just doesn't seem right to me.Pay is another issue. It wasn't until I started looking around when I discovered the company's lower than market pay. In addition, compensation increases are minimal. Don't expect a huge bump in pay with annual compensation increases. In order to correct below market pay, some folks get competing offers from other companies. They use these offers to get the adjustment they desire. Unfortunately, there is an unsaid disdain for individuals that do this by management. To top this off there are no bonuses. Also, pay discrepancies are crazy. Individuals with the same job title and function, can have a difference of $82K in pay. Upper management doesn't seem to care nor listen to employee suggestions. Since -

Pros

Improved healthcare package

Cons

Pay, management, lack of contracts, poor job security

Great Place to work

You get to work on a very interesting group of projects with very nice people. The benefits are great especially the retirement benefits. If you can contribute to proposals and business development that is always a plus.

Great Benefits and Job Security

Employees get great benefits and are vested into the ESOP over time which can amount to a lot of retirement funds in five years. Benefits are great and pay is good and advancement is available.

benefits

Cons

work can be tedious

It's a huge company with a lot of resources and professional managers.

It's a big and international company. Parsons has a lot of projects and mostly are prestigious and multi-million or billion projects. They have a lot of professional and knowledgeable staff. I enjoyed working with Parsons and I love Parsons.

Pros

Big company with huge projects. A lot of friendly and professional staff. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Always busy.

Lots of travel, exciting projects, work life balance is not great

Most of the projects require travel sometimes weeks or months at a time. The pay is great, the work is interesting, and there is a lot of opportunity at Parsons. There are projects throughout the world that you can work at if you network correctly and have the drive to do so. Overall it was a great place to grow in the environmental field, gain experience, and get to know great people.

Pros

Pay, compensation for travel, work culture, experience, great people

Cons

lots of travel

I worked with some amazing people at Parsons.

Work/life balance was very good. The people were great to work with.. Management treated everyone fairly. The benefits were really good. The office atmosphere was nice.

Poor management

The management at Parsons is terrible. Unless you are good at kissing up to the higher ups you won’t get anywhere. They do not care whether or not you’re a hard worker, they just promote whoever is better at making other people’a jobs harder. I used to hear great things about this company, but I have been thoroughly disappointed by the way good employees are treated, and how poor employees are given raises and promotions while being allowed to treat their lowers like stupid children

Pros

Catered lunches, good benefits

Cons

Terrible management, no appreciation for hard work

Great place to work.

If you can secure a position here go for it. They support their core values and their people. One of the concerns is the legenth of time you project will last. Though Parsons is always hiring with great intentions some ti.es the projects end and other placement is difficult especially with specialized personnel.

Pros

Excellent compensation

Cons

Short term projects

Good pay; poor leadership

Not a bad place to work - just not the best company. The pay is good, but benefits suck unless you’re salary. Leadership is poor and communication is very slack. While the employees are mostly positive and fun to work with, the culture created by management is bad. Because upper management only cares about the bottom line, their lack of care for anyone beneath them on the organizational chain is toxic. Could easily be a fantastic job with the right leadership in place.

Pros

Good pay, good experience, good employee base

Cons

Benefits for hourly employees, upper management only cares about upper management, buddy system for advancement

Would not recommend this company to anyone

During my less than 1 year of employment, I was never trained or had interaction with my súper idos once Covid occurred. The culture is very much “you are on your own.” There is a strong lack of communication between the management and staff and there is an odd fear thin asking for help instilled in the staff. I was laid off at the start of Open Enrollment which is the busiest time for a Benefits Department. In the end it’s all about the bottom line.

Pros

Working remote during COVID

Cons

Benefits, lack of transparency, communication

Great sense of purpose

My co-workers were a lot of fun to be around, work with. Managers were very supportiive, and encouraging.The occasional free lunch. The location was beautiful. The cubes welcomeing, not industrial.

Pros

Flex time

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. Hated getting laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Parsons.
Powered byComparably