Particle Measuring Systems

Working at Particle Measuring Systems: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

Good company to work for in the Boulder area

Good place for early professional growth but some departments don't have clear strategy on how they want to expand. Management should find better ways to hire & retain people.

Growing company that is in need of better leadership.

Constant state of rush to meet customer orders. Difficulty in getting support to resolve problems in the production areas. No defined path of personal growth or promotion in the production areas. Passing over experienced employees for promotion while bringing in new hires at higher grade levels.

Pros

Good benefits package. Healthcare, in house clinic, 401K

Cons

No support from managers or recognize the value of employees.

Particle Measuring Systems insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good people to work with, management not so much

This company rarely promotes women to management positions. The pay is sub par. The benefits are ok, but a little expensive. Departments do not work together.

Easy work, Decent pay

Work is monotonous. Pay is above minimum wage. Not a ton of room for advancement and the pay increase is nothing to write home about. Covid times have made this worse. Overall a good company to work for regardless.

Management desperately needed training; hopefully this has changed in the last several years.

I loved my job and the people I worked with, but I was completely overwhelmed with my workload when my supervisor didn't follow through on hiring a new colleague after firing someone. I did not feel that my manager had my back, nor would he/she stick up for me when someone threw me under the bus, which is what happened. First time in my 25+ years that I have been fired.

Pros

Nice people to work with, plenty to keep busy.

Cons

Poor management, heavy workload, lots of power struggles and inconsistent treatment of employees.

Lack of leadership with senior management

Lots of quality people but it lacks quality senior management leadership. They say the words but do not follow up with their action. Ok place to work but not a place to grow

Great place to work, the travel can get a little exhausting sometimes. Other than that it has great opportunity and has been a major learning experience.

I am very interesting

it went very well. The company is in the Boulder County and next to the foothill. It is in a very good town. The traffic there is a lot better than Denver

Too focused on growth and not on employees or customers

The leadership is now obsessed with growing at a pace to prevent the parent company Spectris from selling it off. As a result, leadership has lost focus on the customer and employees, and is only focused on short-term gains to make their bottom line look better.

Good place to work and learn

PMS was a good place to work. I learned a lot there. They taught me how to set-up a CNC Hardinge Lathe and how to fix and make programs to make aircraft parts.

Pros

was close to home

Cons

The pay could of been better

Good

This company employs many with longevity. It is a company that values its employees and offers many benefits. Personal expression is welcomed and an intelligent atmosphere is provided.

The manager is the worse I have ever had

The manager I have is the worst I have ever had. They had never been a manager before and has no clue how to be one. I think there should be some kind of training

They don't know where they are going

Customers have no idea who they are. The name is ridiculous. Customer Service is a joke, I couldn't wait to leave. The factory is split politically, its embarrassing.

Pros

Worklife balance, no pressure

Cons

Really low pay, no accountability

A good overall place to work. Excellent work/life balance with a management team that is overall caring. Salaries tend to be lower average but the company is flexible.

Be healthy (not over forty and not overweight)

Interesting for sure. The director asked me in my interview about my husband. What does that have to do with my skills and abilities? Is a smaller company and they pride themselves on being "healthy". Maybe shouldn't be over forty and overweight or may not get hired.

Pros

Who knows didn't get hired.

Cons

If you smoke you are not welcome.

It is a good place, They recognize the employer. we all work as team

My previous employer had good solid growth to further expand my career with the company. My experience great company and great people like my manager and supervisor they are very helpful willing to teach and work good ethic my co-workers all are easy to work with.

Fast Pace Environment

Co-Workers and Management Staff helpful and knowledgeable.

It was a good place to work.

Learned ISO requirements and what an ISO company culture looked like. Management was well structured. Co-workers worked well with each other.

A progressive company in its use of laser technology and a leader in its field.

Amazing technology to work with - laser-optics. I learned how to work closely with research and development engineers and the design process. Documented design and instructional information.Worked with assembly line personel to improve their skills and quality of product.

Pros

job was hybrid of interesting duties. environment was easy to work in.

Common questions about Particle Measuring Systems

Answered by current and former employees at Particle Measuring Systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Particle Measuring Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits