Partner Industrial
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Partner Industrial Employee Reviews in Kingsport, TN

Kingsport, TN32 reviews

workingmanagementjobworkgoodtimeplacecompany

I like the people i work with . but the managment really dont like to be the bad guy .

It's a job that's about it. They aren't to bad to work for . They have no bite in their bark. There are those that work all the time and those who work when they want. Come in late they threaten but don't do anything. Just scold . As for bonuses or good vacations there are none unless your upper management. The workers feel overworked and mostly under appreciated.

Pros

A job

Cons

Short vacation time. Short breaks no real incentive.

What is the best part of working at the company?Decent pay when overtime is workedWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They do not take work place violence seriously What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone does as they please. No accountability

Partner Industrial insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

It’s okay if you need to make money fast

Paid weekly. The job itself was okay, the people you work with are a different story. People don’t stay long. Swing shift work, 12 hours. Work about half the month. Pay starts at 15 where I was. Get 18 at 1 yr mark if you get a good review. I would say it’s a 2.5 out of 5 for overall

Pros

7 day breaks once a month

Cons

To many things to list

It’s ok

It’s a job. The people are great. The pay is good. Management has no idea what their doing most of the time, but HR department is great for resolving those issues

Has potential for a great place to work if changes in supervision were made

Supervision is spread too thin in CMD department, they have up to 5 different buildings to look after at all times, with that being said they don’t deal with problems reported with employees not being safe or slacking in job performance, problems get swept under the rug and pushed aside, this leads to conflict and resentment that keeps building up to the point of your coworkers will cut your throat, tattletale, and lie on you to get you fired, all supervision wants to do is tale unbelievable jack tales about hunting and has to one up you on any and every subject that is brought up, change supervision and this company will prosper and grow when people can do the job they are supposed to be doing.

The worst place to have a job EVER!

When you interview they tell you that you would just have occasional overtime that’s a lie. I was only scheduled eight hour shifts however Partner Industrial can authorize anyone to work for up to 16 hours every day for 14 days straight before they’re forced to give you a day off. And that’s exactly what you’ll work you’ll work 16 hours every day for 14 days straight. when you ask for time off your supervisor will jump all over you and try to refuse time off for you. When you do eventually get your time off they will sabotage you and find some reason to write you up for something or another while you’re gone. They did not even allow me time off when my uncle and grandmother passed away in the same week. The only thing that makes this job worth anything is you get pretty good health benefits and that’s the only good thing about that job it is the worst place to ever work. Even after leaving if you leave your personal items there even though they are required to give them to you they will not. they will give them to their crews and they will reuse anything that they can and they will return nothing to you even if you try and ask for weeks at a time.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Everything else

Kind of a good place to work

Your daily activities will be:•building boxes (about 45lbs a piece)•operating an electric forklift, either setting up pallets on a conveyor or loading them into a trailer•filling out paperwork to hand into an Eastman operator•setting pallets by hand on a conveyor, and placing large plastic sacks on themAbsolutely incredible work environment! Loved nearly every single individual I worked with from multiple crews. Fantastic personalities.You’ll lose some weight working your butt off here, that’s for sure!With that being said… management was god awful. Mandatory OT. Absolutely no way of getting out of it.Breaks are either very long, or non existent depending on who is running a bin. But this also depends on if the operator even allows you to have a break, even though you LEGALLY have to be given a lunch + two 15 minute breaks they WILL take that away from you.Constant back and forth of swing shifts, so your personal time (coupled with the OT) is going to become non existent.A week off does not exist here like they say it does. Do not let them lie to you.I worked here 3 months, and was laid off after my 3rd month. To which they called me back just a few days later to have me come back in, which I will not be doing.

Like the people on my crew

When someone does something wrong everyone is punished instead of just the one. People are not made to take responsibility for their actions. Issues often do not get resolved.

Loved the Crew

My crew was fantastic and my supervisor and relief were always very helpful. For me though, I enjoy always being busy and some fast paced environment but it was quite slow but to no one’s fault. I do feel however, some things that should’ve been clearly stated in the policy handbook, were not. I had to find out the hard way. Loved my crew, not so much the higher ups.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, helpful management

Cons

Healthcare costs to coverage ratio, not mentioning certain policies

Isn't too great , nor is it good.

Isn't too great , isn't too bad , never above one or the other feeling. Just a steady boring environment , and rather lousy work to life balance. Would definitely not recommend it.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Partner Industrial?

It was a good place to work, just aggravating at times.

Was very good about helping with time off if needed. Most employees were willing to help if needed. Only thing that bothered me was every day it was stressful and hectic at the end of the day which was very aggravating

Pros

Helpful employees, work/life balance, able to take breaks when needed

Cons

Hectic in evenings, didn’t seem organised at times, pay wasn’t great

Company does not care about their employees

Company does not seem to care about people. They will work you to the point of exhaustion then get upset if you need time off. They will write you up and take your vacation time away from you for missing a day, after working 70+ hours in a week. The pay does not match the type of work you have to put in.

Nothing stands out

If you are young and starting out possibly a decent job, but given the chance to move into another job doesnt happen. Some jobs pay better than others. Having previous experience in trades doesn't help land a better paying job. You get put where they need you regardless of past experience.

Plan to set up a bedroom in buildings 120 or 190 at Eastman if you are placed in either.

Partner is one of the contractors that run...I mean help Eastman. I generally love my job, but being a part of the production team in building 120 is not for the weak of...anything! You will start out for months doing what is called auger bagging, which consists of working with 1 or 2 others, filling auger bags with powder from whichever silo it is attached to, making sure the auger works. Once filled the bag is removed from the machine and placed on the scale to the left(always) and the person working the scale would make sure the bag weight is 43.85-44.35 lbs. Then from there they are stacked in 6 rows of 5 on a pallet. The fun part is that production is for 2 people 15 if one is not signed off on the training books, and 20 if they both are signed off. 3 people brings those numbers to 20 or 25 total skids by the end of the day. Even more super exciting is that you have to take care of the over wrap packaging and load them on the trailer. Most crew leaders/supervisors want all that completely finished by 5am/pm, depending on dayshift or graveyard. So, if you think all of this sounds like the dream, and you are not afraid to get dirty, work possibly 13 days in a row, 1 off, rinse, lather, repeat. If you are a hard worker and always want to feel like what you do is never enough...this is for you!!

Overall I am happy here. Be prepared to work.

Retention is a problem, however it is improving. Many opportunities to advance as they cover many different job descriptions. Weekly pay and benefits are available.

Run. Don’t look back.

When I first got the job, I was stoked. They overwork you and pay you very little. Days isn’t a terrible shift, but don’t work third shift. Management doesn’t care about you. If you have Covid, they still write you up for not coming to work. Don’t waste your time bringing in a doctors note.

Pros

The only good thing about this was the 7a-330p shift.

Cons

Short lunches, You have to bring your own, and leave it in the refrigerator that hundreds of others use. Good luck finding it.

These company is not team friendly.

I would not suggest this company to anyone. They show favoritism to an absurd degree. They have no covid pay for people off on covid leave. They can not hold private information and harass team members for small and insignificant issues.

Pros

Cons

Favortism, dishonesty, childish behavior from managment, no paid covid leave, harassment

Poor management, ridiculous company policies.

The job itself is not bad work, but the company polices over calling in/ and or getting sick are awful. Poor management!Extra work during Covid, with no extra pay!

Pros

Pto, Paid Holiday's, Weekends

Cons

Expensive health insurance, No sick leave

The insurance.

I absolutely love it. My boss and her relief are the best ones I’ve ever had. They’ve been very helpful to me on anything I’ve asked or needed help on. And they’re very understanding when it comes to certain things. I’m just looking for something that has better pay.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Healthcare

Management is full of people that just want authority over others.

Expected to work 7 days a week with no appreciation and if you work hard you get screwed over. If you work here your better off doing as little as possible because it doesn't make a difference to how your treated.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, lowest pay in industry, horrible management, no appreciation for hard work

Terrible

If you hate yourself work here. Long hours, terrible pay, no raises. They treat there employees like trash and they put you in hazardous conditions that are life threatening.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partner Industrial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits