Partners HealthCare(PHS) Employee Reviews

Job was excellent
Information Systems Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2019
The work environment is a great place to work in however, it gets very stressful to the point where it becomes difficult to work. Overall, as long as you can handle yourself the work is very fun.
Pros
Able to work on tickets on your own time
Cons
Little room for errors
Intense Place to Work
Epic Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
too few resources for the scope of work needed
no work life balance
high attrition/high turnover rate in certain departments
no clear career path/ minimal career advancement opportunities/difficult to navigate
diversity issues
poor management of people, departments in certain areas of the company
Pros
great building, reasonable commute, benefits
Cons
work/life balance almost non-existent
worst
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 7, 2019
Look up review in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
A review is an evaluation of a publication, service, or company such as a movie (a movie redasdasdsad
LIfe appears great outside of IS
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Most reviews I read about Partners HealthCare suggest a great work place, but it is anything but if you work within Information Services. It would be great if ratings on these sites could accommodate for department based ratings so users could better understand the potential challenges they are stepping into.

As for IS, there is a striking lack of direction, unified goals or consistency across IS leadership. Most employees primary goal is avoiding management to avoid assuming ownership where the appropriate parties are not being held responsible, or just to avoid being spoken down to in general.

This is now a section of the organization that lacks any accountability for decisions, consistently appears to be in a budget freeze to fund questionable vendor engagements and provides very little growth or investment in its own staff. Steer clear.
Pros
Work from home opportunities, job security, health benefits, opportunity to help clinical environments
Cons
Lack of clear strategy, Minimal Growth Opportunity, Salaries are not market competitive, zero accountability
A good place to stay employed
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Its a perfectly OK Company, but its definitely stale.

A lot of lifers who have settled in, and a definite problem with some folks who just hang around.

The benefits are good, and the pay is OK, but neither is exceptional in today's market.

I
Pros
Lots of training budget
Cons
Outdated work from home policies, expensive onsite parking
Fun and productive work place
Leave of absence coordinator/Benefit specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 3, 2019
A typical day is 8 hours long and the best part of being with partners healthcare is that I met such a great people. Management and coworker are very nice, everyone is willing to help each other. Great place to work, great culture of inclusion and diversity.
Pros
fliexible hour, easy to commute
Cons
n/a
Collaborative
Senior manager CBO (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 1, 2019
I learned a lot here and was Always given great opportunities to advance.I started here at 15 yrs old and worked my way up over the 30 years I was employed.
Benefits
Cons
Some unrealistic expectations
No fun and stressful atmosphere
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MADecember 29, 2018
Underpaid and overworked positions with lot of favortism, racial discrimination and unfairness of Management.

Babyboomers and employees of different ethnic background are ill-treated. Management is cruel and inconsiderate towards employees who are hard working and more productivity
Pros
Good experience
Epic
Clinical Integration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2018
I joined Partners to work on the Epic conversion. This position provided me with a lot of great exposure, experience and training in the EHR arena. Thank you Partners.
Partners is a great company in average. But, big differences between groups. Some are well run and some are poorly run.
Sr. Software Engineer - Permanent (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MANovember 23, 2018
A great company to work for. But, the management team needs to be managed closely to avoid employee being abused in some groups and many intended or unintended violations on code of conducts.
Pros
Great benefits and work/ life balance
Cons
Not fully utilize resources properly.91809
everyone were really nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2018
Thursday and Friday , those two days weren't busy.
The other days really busy. A lot of meetings. People come everywhere to work at this company. they are great.
Don’t believe everything you see or here. They appear professional but behind the curtains, I have witnessed providers make fun of patients and collea
Community Obstetrics Gynecology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MANovember 6, 2018
I worked in one of the outpatient health centers and in my experience the leadership is weak, does not address employee conflicts promptly which leads to resentment and a hostile environment. Protocols vary by departments but are tarnished by favoritism.
No support from leadership. Diversity? Well where I worked all positions of power are occupied by Caucasian women.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Leadership lacks accountability
Partners Healthcare at Home- Great benefits but no job growth
Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 2, 2018
Great benefits but no job growth And age discrimination. Poor management by upper management. My direct manager is great, but have 2 other managers who are elitist and view you simply as rank.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor organization from upper management
Boring job with high pay
Office Temp (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 31, 2018
at $15/hr both of my summers at partners healthcare were not worth the money. There was no career development and i never felt enriched in my 40 hour work weeks, all summer. The intern program definitely needs a lot of work.Most boring and mundane job I have ever had. All the work we were given was far below mentally stimulating.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring, full day of work means 8 hours of screentime
great benefits
Billing Specialist/3rd Party Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 29, 2018
great benefits but the work atmosphere is very stressful a lot of time on the phone and the work is very repetitive making for a long day. trying to learn new system and getting help is not always easy
benefits
Cons
managment
Excellent times
Human Resources Assistant II, BWH (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 26, 2018
I got to meet a lot of people from different departments within. Everyone was friendly and helpful, we worked as a team, we helped each other out with different duties,
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
No cons
Applications Specilaist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2018
Overall, a good place to work. Partners moved to Epic Systems and therefore there was a big change in the culture. It is hard to get raises and promotions.
Large company with upward and lateral mobility
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 13, 2018
I worked with PHS first as a travel nurse and then full time on staff. I found them to be well organized and an educationally driven company. I resigned only due to relocation.
Growth and learning potential are unlimited....
Partners e-Care Coordinator and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2018
Great place to obtain skills and work really hard. If you work on a project, they will always have you back for maintenance/ future upgrades.

Partners healthcare has lots of room for growth, they offer classes in many areas (public speaking, applications, pay for training etc...)

Your growth and learning potential are unlimited!
Pros
Growth, learning opportunities, leadership roles...
Cons
Salary, expect to work around 70+ hours
Hard But not fair!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MASeptember 19, 2018
There was no transparency lack of communication and direction from both the leadership team and executive leadership. At the end just felt like I was just an out on their bottom line. removed the red to get back into the black.
Pros
Projects are great
Cons
once project is done so are you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners HealthCare(PHS). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight