Partners HealthCare(PHS) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
stressful place to work
Senior Inpatient Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2018
had to code at least 5 high dollar cases from 100,000 to 3 million dollars. no diversity. stressful management leadership. good training. great benefits. good exposure to case mix.
Repetitive place to work
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 6, 2018
the company as a whole is great you just have to really watch the DEPARTMENT you get hired in and the management. Partners Health Care is a gamble with it comes to if you're going to like your position of not.
A great place for career growth
Applications Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 3, 2018
Typical day in my job is logging into my email and answer any issues any users have emailed me about. Check application for any strange issues.For the most part the managers leave you alone. Unless there is an emergency with servers or user work flow, people don't bother you. Hardest part of the job was when we did have an emergency, making sure the people we needed to get involved were available. What I enjoyed most about the job is the how everyone was willing to help when sometimes we couldn't figure out something. Everyone pitched in to get things resolved.
Productive and fun place to work
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 2, 2018
a typical day was evaluated pt in there home environment and providing treatment to improve care. Documenting the treatment I provided in the EPIC system
The best place to learn and grow
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 28, 2018
My entire life changed working for Partners. They did a fantastic job of developing employees and I was a beneficiary of that process. I would have stayed there forever if I had not relocated!
N/a
Third Party Reviewer/Billing (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 25, 2018
Partners HealthCare is big on diversification. You work in a relaxed and friendly environment. Partner's care about your education and they offer tuition reimbursement.
work life
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed here the manager were nice and patient enough to explain when you do not get in the first go. They are always there to back you up incase of an emergency situtation
Registration and Referral Associate (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 22, 2018
Worked with the Managed Care Team supervisors and team leads, was able to process managed care referrals using the Epic and OnTrac applications.
• Requested and processed Medical records
• Contacted external PCP offices to make the initial request for BCBS and TUFTS referrals, creating a referral shell in Epic, and removing the account from OnTrac.
• Processed electronic and paper faxes by entering them into Epic and removing the account from OnTrac.
• Assisted with outgoing referral requests that needed to be faxed.
Ineffective decision making
Technical Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 18, 2018
I was involved in a project that did not progress as quickly as it should have. Some folks had a difficult time accepting responsibility and making decisions that led to many delays.
Pros
Yearly flu shots
Cons
The amount of personal time off provided.
Great Employer Overall
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2018
Pros:
Great Benefits
Great people.
Great Culture.
Very Good Worklife Balance.
Great Resources
Lots of Opportunities for advancement and learning.

Cons:
Average Pay
Lots of Red Tape
Inconsistent Middle Management
Great opportunity
Revenue Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02114June 7, 2018
Partners is truly an inspiring organization with a workplace culture that truly reflects their mission statement. Partners is committed to serving the community. They are dedicated to enhancing patient care.
A lot of nice people.
Specialty Senior Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
Keep all documents. At any moment in time, you may need evidence, depending on your manager/supervisor. But they offer a lot of bebefits, which is what I think is the compensation for the low salary.
Certified Instructional Designer (Radiant) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2018
Worked here for 3.5 years with the best coworkers an employee could ask for. Had the ability to build lifetime corporate connections. Enhanced my curriculum development skills and training implementation skills while working here. Would highly recommend.
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2018
Place of work that offers work life balance. A good learning environment and a professional environment.

Management can do better in terms of growth and promotions from within.

Very friendly culture and supportive environment.Benefits and flexibility are good perks.
Pros
I enjoyed the professional environment
Cons
Management support in terms of growth
outdated facility and equipment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 9, 2018
Processes and daily workflow needed major improvement. the claim system used is not efficient to resolve claims issues and prevents you from doing your job properly and quickly. overall its an outdated system.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
had to answer patient calls while trying to do a/r work, There should be a separate department to answer patient calls
Wasted my life working for Partners
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2018
Huge disconnect between management and IT workers. Although I was a fairly long term employee, in my last two years I found myself trying to guess the direction of my work group. Company has no interest in career development and management is unwilling to provide any direction. Average wages, marginal benefits, plentiful H1B's.
Pros
I enjoyed wonderful co-workers
Cons
Secretive mangement, lack of career development and promotional pathways
Partners Private Care
Senior Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 1, 2018
I truly enjoyed my job with Partners Healthcare at Home Private Care. I was sad when they chose to sell the Private division to another agency,and I understand the reasons why. I would have loved to have stayed with the company only the offices that I could have worked at where more than 50 miles from my home. Partners did everything they could for all of those that were displaced which only made things better.

My job was fulfilling, no two days of the week were alike. The responsibilities were reasonable and clear. My co workers were a great team of people.
get experience and leave
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 26, 2018
depending on the department you work your experience will be different. For my laboratory the management team was horrible, no incentives or opportunities to grow, people are too busy in upper management to realize everyone is unhappy thus the very very high turnover rate
overworked!
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
I worked there over 12 years ago and at the time they pay was ridiculous, my department was good but management can be one sided. Working at MGH just looked great on a resume in my opinion
Glad I am there as a contractor
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
I was a perfect fit for my position. I came from a previous job that specialized in doing a specific number of required technical skills. For as long as I have been there my contract has been extended a number of times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners HealthCare(PHS). Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Partners HealthCare(PHS).

Powered by Comparably