Partners HealthCare(PHS) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
outdated facility and equipment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 9, 2018
Processes and daily workflow needed major improvement. the claim system used is not efficient to resolve claims issues and prevents you from doing your job properly and quickly. overall its an outdated system.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
had to answer patient calls while trying to do a/r work, There should be a separate department to answer patient calls
get experience and leave
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 26, 2018
depending on the department you work your experience will be different. For my laboratory the management team was horrible, no incentives or opportunities to grow, people are too busy in upper management to realize everyone is unhappy thus the very very high turnover rate
Glad I am there as a contractor
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2018
I was a perfect fit for my position. I came from a previous job that specialized in doing a specific number of required technical skills. For as long as I have been there my contract has been extended a number of times.
Good place to work, but for the pay
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAApril 17, 2018
A good place to work and fairly low stress, but the yearly pay increases don't keep pace and there isn't any clear advancement path within the company so staying beyond 5 years or so is difficult if you're looking for the money.
Challenging work environment
Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAApril 10, 2018
Always new and challenging work/projects. A very friendly team and approachable management style. Company is currently downsizing after their initial Epic implementation
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Currently in a downsizing mode (for non-Clinical positions)
Partners was a good place to work
Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2018
I worked for Partners for 21 years as software developer.
People in partners are very friendly and environment was good for work. As appreciation of my work I have Partners in Excellence Awards in 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2011.
Partners Healthcare--OK place to work at.
Project Manager (Analyst II) (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAApril 2, 2018
You start be checking email, then you might need to contact clients who need help and interact with other employees. There are periodic meetings with management and with your team.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Everyone in one building is not good for healthcare.
Productive place to work
General Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 29, 2018
Management was great, the work was a bit repetitive, didn't make enough money, culture was awesome, all of my coworkers were respectful and fun to work with.
Pros
Health Benefits, Paid time off
Cons
Salary, possibility of advancement
Lack Pay & Lack Minority Leadership
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 19, 2018
The company could do a better job on investing on its main resources (Human) and promoting minority to leadership roles. Partners does not act as a Non for Profit organization, too much is giving to the big guys, meanwhile the little guys are suffering with the 2% yearly.
QA/QI specialist
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2018
Very good manager, easy to communicate. Very encouraging, good place to work. Very low salary, difficult to afford life in Boston. Easy to take time off from work if need it.
Pros
encouraging manager
Cons
low salary
Collaboration on the Cutting Edge
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 19, 2018
Working at the Partners Healthcare Center for Personalized Genetic Medicine (now Partners Personalized Medicine) was an excellent experience. The lab environment places Genetic Counselors, MDs, PhDs, technicians, researchers, and bioinformaticians side-by-side. I could not have hoped for a better environment in which to learn, and to discover more about my own interests in integrative science and scientific collaboration. I only left to further my education and expand on my possibilities for career advancement.
How I See It
Patient Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 13, 2018
I work second shift for radiology. We have a "Culture of Excellence." We strive to make every patient's experience at our facilities the best one possible. We are caring and compassionate, and our patients know they can count on us to be there for them.
Pros
Flexibilty with time off
Cons
No benefits for working under 20 hours
Worked there in '09-'11
Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 13, 2018
I haven't worked there in a while. When I did there was career advancement opportunities. People were fun to work with. Fast paced environment. Great place to work.
Great Team
Director of Clinical Quality (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2018
PHI has provided a great opportunity for me to work as a consultant. Leadership is very supportive - professional development, personal needs and most of all resources to support work responsibilities.
Sressful pverhead with shifting customer requrements
Applications Analyst/Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2018
No way to plan day to day. Can say it is a dynamic environment. Dynamic environment supporting health care facilities.Difficult to plan daily activities as physicians daily request various performance metrics.
Pros
Other than health benefits none in my current workplace
Cons
Beautiful modern workplace in Somerville, Currently confined to antiquated building in Brookline
productive work enviroment
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAFebruary 27, 2018
productive work environment, willing to always help their employees when in need of a flexible schedule with more or less hours. They always try to help with giving more hours if the employees need more work.
Good Place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2018
Fast paced but rewarding environment. Many challenges with the number of users and configuration of desktops and laptop's. A good place to meet and network with different people with many skill sets.
Long employment, Hate to leave
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAFebruary 20, 2018
Partners is a wonderful educational experience with a wide veriety of disease process, acute patient discharged from Boston area hospitals. I have learned a lot in home care and was provided educational programs and incentives that allowed me to go from LPN to RN. Flexibility of the hours was a bonus and earned vacation time.
Pros
Retirment, familiarity, close to home, pay rate
Cons
Long hours worked on documention at home on my own time
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at work.
I've learned that there's different type of people to work with daily.Some Understand that there is bare minimum of help you can provide and There's those who demand you help them. Sometimes you just have to let them know you're doing the best you can with what you can do.
Pros
Short breaks
my job functions
Remote Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2018
completed coding on outpatient surgeries
reviewed and resolved denial issues
assisted with pre-bill review of patient encounters to verify if the procedure performed was an inpatient or outpatient procedure
Pros
wonderful place to work
Cons
being laid off and my job shipped to India

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners HealthCare(PHS). Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Partners HealthCare(PHS).

Powered by Comparably