Partners In Excellence Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fabulous environment--I created it.
FOUNDER, CEO & PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2018
This company was my creation; the theme of it being we all work together, knowing our jobs, being mindful and diligent, teaming appropriately, and creating the outcomes we agreed to. It was relaxing, invigorating, and always healthy.
Pros
excellent culture, great rewards, beautiful mission
Cons
Very fun atmosphere and wonderful children
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 13, 2018
This place was excellent. I had so much fun working in the daycare center. The only thing I would say is the downfall is that it doesn't pay a lot. But then again, most daycares do not provide very great pay.
Pros
Fun place to work and great kids!
Cons
Pay
March 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad you are having a great experience at Partners and know that you are making a difference in the lives of many of our clients. Feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else you would like to discuss. (Dthomas@pieofmn.com)

Rewarding Position with Room to Grow
BTA (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Partners gives me the chance to work with kids every day and make a real difference in their lives. We are given a lot of training so we know how to deal with some challenging behaviors when they do come up. My coworkers and great to work with!
And, in 2018 are benefits were changed and they are very affordable now. They keep a suggestion box out so we always have a confidential way to suggest improvements- they actually post them in our newsletter with a response so we can see that things are actually happening with our suggestions.
Pros
great kids and coworkers, affordable benefits, gym membership discount, 15 days PTO per year
March 20, 2018

Dear BTA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. I'm glad you pointed out our improved benefits program this year- it is just one of many changes we are looking to implement to continue to show our employees how much you mean to us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out to me directly (Dthomas@pieofmn.com)

Owner & CEO

Stressful, low paying.. not worth your time
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Partners was my first job out of college. While I will admit I learned a lot and grew to love some of the kids.. it was extremely stressful and the lowest paying job you’ll find. Seriously started out at $13 an hour (desperate!) and they gave us a $1 raise while I was there so a whole $14 an hour. We worked extremely hard and the company did not show us appreciation. The turn over rate was huge because of this obviously. Most vacation days were unpaid due to lack of PTO. I stayed there just long enough to get a little experience and moved on to a much better job. I now feel appreciated by my company that pays me a good wage and gives me a generous amount of PTO.
Pros
The Kids, Learning ABA therapy
Cons
Wages!, Benefits, High-stress environment, little support from management, cliquey staff environment
February 15, 2018

Dear BT,
We thank you for your time and dedication to Partners in Excellence and I am glad to hear you are feeling rewarded from working with our clients. In response to the wages, I want you to know we recently reviewed all of our competitors wages as well as the state average for pay for this line of work, and we are paying right in line with these averages.

Our turnover rate is actually LOWER than the state and national average. Due to the nature of the job, it is considered a high-turnover position and this is fairly normal. Regardless, we address each concern during our exit interviews and always hope that our employees will stay with us as long as it is a great position for them.

Lastly, I strongly encourage you to reach out to me so we can talk more about any concerns that you have. We value all of our employees and want to create the best possible work atmosphere for all that are are a part of Partners in Excellence.

Not a fan
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 23, 2017
Worked at Partners for a brief amount of time. Stressful environment, and very "clique"- like staff. Just wasn't for me. Did not believe in some of their practices, and it was very cut throat.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Staff, management
Entry Level Position
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 7, 2017
-HR Generalist was eliminated as a position
-Interviewing and recruiting was constant
-High turn over
-Challenging to do a job under micromanagemen
-Rewarding to work with the clients and see their successes
Pros
Philosophy of What Partners In Excellence Stands For
Cons
Lack of Structure and Effective Management
Great Job Experience
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 5, 2017
La Crosse PIE is one of the best locations because overall there is really wonderful leadership and organization. Every company has its flaws and there's always room for improvements, but this Partners provides you with proper training and a great work culture. Generally everyone gets along in and outside of the workplace and that's a really important key in such a fast paced environment. Yes it will get stressful and overwelming, but it's easy to grow passionate in this field. The job growth opportunity can be challenging and slow, but this company wants to double its client intake in the next four years so the pace is picking up. I currently work at the La Crosse location and I love the experiences this job has offered to me. Definitely apply to this location if you're looking for a job that provides you with a positive environment, challenges you every day, and can offer competitive pay for this type of center.
Pros
Kudos, Positive Work Enviornment, Yearly raise, Pot Luck, Holiday Parties, gained leadership and experiences
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid lunches, not enough time to work on client related paperwork and documents, and you can easily get drained
February 15, 2018

Dear BT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the time you are spending with us and are I am glad to hear you are feeling rewarded from working with our clients.

We are working hard to make improvements where needed and hope to support each staff member along the way. I would love to hear your ideas so we can address any concerns and implement any necessary changes. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to chat more. (Dthomas@pieofmn.com)

Horrible Management
BT (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 15, 2017
Supervisors/Management is awful. Health insurance is way too much, over $1000 a month for a family plan. Supervisors are shady and talk about employees to each other. I cannot wait to find a new job and leave this place.
Pros
Friendships, working with the kids
Cons
Pto, Insurance, supervisors are horrible
La Crosse site is not a place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 17, 2017
Worked here for almost a year before I left. Pay is just embarrassing low. Admin team is alright but office manager is not cut out for her position. She is two faced and not very bright. Make sure to be on her good side or she'll make it miserable to work here. They give you way too much work and then will ask you why you aren't getting it done on time. Raises are once a year. No room to move up.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay, management, hours
Would not recommend working here
NA (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 28, 2017
This is a place to work to start out and gain experience. Other than that, this is not a place to work.
Center Director doesn't care about employees and she easily replaces people. Don't mess up ... you won't hear the end of it.
They criticize more than they give praise.
Some supervisors are great, some will try to make you fail.

Rate of pay is horrible.

Office manager is not very smart. Terrible grammar and is rude to staff and parents.
Pros
entry level
Cons
Low pay, easily terminated
Do not work here!
Rehab (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 27, 2017
This place is great for working for clients and their families and helping them to grow and succeed. This is not a place to work if you want low pay, empty promises, high turnover, unprofessional mangament, slandering, poor training and follow through.
High turnover and low pay
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 24, 2017
I truly loved working with the kids and staff at Partners. The turnover rate was absolutely horrendous though. It made my job 10x more difficult because staff come and go so often. Partners needs to offer more affordable benefits, better advancement opportunities, and most of all needs to increase wages. This would hopefully reduce turnover. The main reason people leave is because they can't afford to work there and pay rent.

If wages increased, I would recommend Partners. Until then, I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Good entry level position, amazing coworkers, amazing kiddos
Cons
Expensive healthcare, low pay, no PTO to start, sick often, high turnover rate, stressful
Productive fun place to work, great kids you get to watch grow!
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 26, 2017
My favorite part about working at Partners In Excellence was getting to know all of the kids and watching them learn, grow and change in a matter of weeks. The teachers and staff were so amazing the kids and that was fun to see as well.
Pros
Great staff
No advancement poor pay
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 26, 2016
I loved working with the kids there and it is very rewarding....but the pay is poor and there are very few increases. The health benefits aren't terrible but there is absolutely no way that you will move up in the company.
Stressful, unsupportive work environment.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 4, 2015
The therapy staff at Partners are hard working and dedicated professionals who deal with stressful and physical situations with clients on a daily basis. Numerous injuries to staff occur on a weekly basis. Compensation is embarrassingly low and supervisor support is cold, critical, and unhealthy.
Not a good fit
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 24, 2015
My employment started out fantastic but by the time I hit the 9 month era things started going down hill. During orientation we were told of all things that Partners does for their employees. Didn't see any of that during my employment.

An employee would be there one day and gone the next.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Way toooo much work for one person to do, Hired 3 more people but wasn't given the opportunity to train them correctly, Owner very controlling and didn't let you get your work done.
Rewarding
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 13, 2014
Partners in Excellence is a very rewarding job! Working with kids and seeing that the therapy is working is truly the most rewarding feeling in the world!
great company
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 29, 2014
This is a fun place to work, the kiddos are amazing. The staff however, some were very judgmental making the work environment uncomfortable.
A great place to learn about Autism
Senior Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 23, 2013
Working with the children, leading team meetings, working with the parents and holding meetings.

I have learned patience as well as knowledge on how to write treatment plan plans, behavior reduction plans, being a kid again.

I have the best co-workers who are supportive and love the children as much I do.

The hardest part of the job is communicating with the parents regarding tougher days. It was also tough to work with parents who are not open to feedback regarding their child and having them incorporate therapy techniques into the home environment.
Pros
Being with the children
Rewarding Work
Behavior Therapist- Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 4, 2013
Rewarding work and great experience in the Mental Health field.