Partners In Health Employee Reviews

It was fine, until...
Receptionist/Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I loved working here until I asked for an extra few days vacation, unpaid, because my mother wanted to take me to Europe for a ten day trip. The doctors scoffed at my audacity to ask for three extra days off, UNPAID. One of the doctors insisted I had to arrange to come back earlier than planned, but I didn't have the ability to do that since I wasn't the one planning or paying for the trip.

In the end, I decided to move to Massachusetts directly after the trip to Europe. I gave my two weeks notice, trained my replacement, and that was that.

The two doctors that worked there were good people, but they just couldn't see things from a poor person's point of view. How could I turn down a trip to Europe when I would have never been able to go on my own?

The nurse was a lovely person too, and I wish things had ended better because I genuinely cared for the doctors and the nurse I worked with. Such is life though, I was not important enough to them to get three more days off to complete a once in a lifetime vacation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful phone situation at times
i liked working there
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJune 29, 2018
I liked working there it was not apart of the hospital yet so it was a little more flexible with days off for family and benefits now its a part of DCH
Great vision but poor management
Senior Consultant and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2018
Undeniably the vision is great and most of the people who joined the organization are committed to the vision. However, everything is based on who you know and there is not one process in place for the whole organization.

You might go to training on the basis that your manager is your buddy not based on your needs or work impact.

Promotion is a personal relationship thing with your manager and leaders as well. Not based on your performance.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
corruption tolerated, biaised and mismanaged
Great mission, focused and meaningful work
Director of Targeted Communications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2018
Great team and cross team collaboration.
Advancement opportunities we well promoted.
Middle management was well engaged.
Staff benefits included travel to benefactor countries to get to know the culture, the people and see the benefits of our work.
Unorganized
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
I didn't have a good experience with them. Being sent to homes that already have an aid on duty. Not getting paid on time due to the systems being down.
Pros
Training is great
Cons
Not enough hours
where do i start
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Partners in health wasn't such a good company they would send us out to patients that lived extremely far for only 2-3 hours 2x a week and that would be our weekly pay.
Pros
Very good organization to work for.
Associate Director Grants Management & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2017
Very good organization to work for. Excellent mission, multi-cultural, diverse and ambitious. If you are into learning and contribution, you will love this organization.
Fun
Front /Back Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 31, 2017
I am a medical assistant and I care for the patients that come in to the office, workers comp, giving tools to the patients that have to pass there DOT, giving the best care when a patient is sick,
Busy well established work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 30, 2017
Working with the patients was an excellent experience. Because it is such a small office with both the chiropractor and his wife working as the office manager, there were often times that it was tense in the office. Oftentimes the expectations were unclear because you would be told different things by the doctor and his wife.

Overall it is a great place to work, especially if you love working with people. You do have to be able to manage the tension caused by the relationship of a married couple working in the same office.
Pros
Standard Process Supplements at cost. Free adjustments.
Cons
Working with a married couple.
Good
Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAJuly 11, 2017
I did my medical assistant internship at Partners in Heath, everyone I worked with was wonderful. It is a great place to start new medical assistants off. The patients, Doctors, LPNs, Nurse Practitioner were wonderful.
Global Health, Social Justice Organization in dire need of direction.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2016
Success of PIH's mission is evident at the sites. Progress has been made and growth is substantial. Leadership has bitten off more than they can chew. At the Boston office it is well known that the organization needs to raise significant funding to close a deficit. Without transparency and little assurance by CEO or COO, this has left many employees anxious and discouraged.

Recommendation for senior management is transparency, clear direction and common sense pertaining to fiscal responsibility. Employees are your best asset and if not respected and valued, the commitments and promises to donors, patients and sites will not be met.
not the best environement
Infrastructure Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2016
Waste of resources
Lack of transparency
Bad management
No support from HR
Lost a lot of Holidays and weekends at work
Racial discrimination
Travel time is not counted
Pros
one holiday party per year
Cons
work on a difficult schedule
Fast paced!
Foundations Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2016
Very good spot to work in and make a difference in the world! I have learned so much from others and greatly enjoyed helping others.
I believe in PIH vision for helping third world country systems in healthcare
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sierra Leone, AfricaMay 29, 2016
I went to Sierra Leone Africa to work with Ebola patients when they were calling for volunteers. My manager gave me an approved LOA to go help the crisis in Africa. PIH educated our team to treat and manage these patients to help the patients in their suffering, Help to Isolate the disease and then eventually preventing further cases. This is a devastating disease process which includes suffering and fluid loss, fever, diarrhea, and emesis, bleeding from every orifice. The working conditions put all of us at high risk for heat stroke with
all the PPE and no air conditioning. We could only be in with the patients 1 hour then had to doff our PPE and take a rest with a lot of water for 2 hours.
Pros
Helping people, comforting people, listening alot, making a difference
Cons
Being around so much death and suffering
Great!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2015
The work place was great and the energy from the staff was so amazing that it made me look forward to helping out every time I had to come in. The staff were helpful when they knew I couldn't get every task on the to-do list done right away. Contributing and awesome team work.
Pros
Lunch discounts. Every place was accessible.
Loved my job and interaction with patients
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INOctober 22, 2015
Enjoyed who I worked with and learned many skills from my coworkers and management. Decent amount of politics and high turnover among employees. I learned alot about medical procedures,
Amazing international experience
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra LeoneAugust 4, 2015
An opportunity of a lifetime. Worked in an ETU and government hospital treating Ebola patients and other infectious disease.
Phenomonial organization!
IT, SA (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2015
Excellent work environment to build a foundation around networking. Typical day will always vary, facing new challenges, and embracing new knowledge.
Pros
Cons
Commute during the '14-'15 winter season
Great Internship
Medical Assistant Specialist (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Delmont, PAJune 17, 2014
I really enjoyed my time as an intern. It was a great learning experience and I took what I learned into my next position. I felt better prepared for my position after working for Partners in Health.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No wages - intern
Amazing place to work with amazing people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 12, 2014
I learned so much working here. The whole team is just amazing and they are forever growing.