Partners in Recovery

Partners in Recovery Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Behavioral Health Services
Partners in Recovery is one of the top Behavioral Health clinics in Phoenix serving adults with serious mental illness. The clinic at Metro center serves 1800 clients for medication management, integrated care, housing support, employment support, and daily group activities for skill building.
Pros
As case manager you are allowed to dictate your own schedule.
Cons
Low morale of staff
Management and salaries
Management is awful and they only act nice when someone big shows up. The salary we all get for the work we do is not fair, and the way management pushes us to do so much in so little time. I’m back using school for my masters in health care management to see if that helps to move up in the company, I love my coworkers
Poor Management and leadership!
-No follow through by clinical director or cc
-No organization no teamwork or Structure

-Team doesn’t work collaboratively.

- Teammates strengths are not utilized.

- No integrity everybody knows everybody’s business too much gossiping from higher ups. Cc ect.
Cons
Don’t work here! Treat staff like children.
Staff are rude to clients. Manager was immature, manager played favorites and it was very obvious. Manager would discipline staff in front of other staff. She was very unprofessional. Worked at the Higley and Baseline office.
Pros
Pay not to bad
Cons
To many to mention
Stressful, fast paced, but rewarding
Stressful work but very rewarding if you enjoy the behavioral health field. Must be able to handle both clerical work and field work with clients. Management seems to be getting on its feet still as the turnover is high.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I worked as a Case Manager for approximately 9 1/2 months
This job was such a challenge. I maintained a case load of 40-60 members with Serious Mental Health issues, and challenges. Out of those members, I had no less than 10-15, who were on court ordered treatment. This means that I was to provide home visits for these members, every 30 days. It was very challenging, and difficult at times.
I had a great team of co-workers and supervisors, while employed there.

In January of 2014, the funding for the agency was eliminated, and my position was no longer needed. They only kept a handful of case managers on board.
Pros
Fantastic learning experience, good team work, great management
Cons
Was laid off, due to loss of funding
Stressful
If you like being chained to your computer, constantly behind, expected to diagnose people in assessments and ISPs, have endless and useless trainings and meetings...where you think you are helping people but you actually don't....this is the job for you.

High turnover on Case Managers...it isn't worth all the drama and stress for the small amount you make.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor management
PIR was a great place to work under the previous management and l enjoyed being part of the team. With the changes in management, the place has deteriorated, there is a lot of backstabbing, CC’s incompetence, no leadership skills and the clinic is ran like their own homes. Some CM’s lick the CC’s boots to survive, buying them dtinks, foods etc. Some CC’s spend most of their time backbiting with her favorite staff. Anyone not in their circle is victimized and bullied. The SA and CD are unapproachable and staff have no support. No respect for staff and they encourage bullying. It’s a shame and l hope the CEO reads this review and conduct their own investigation. There is discrimination and to survive you have to lick the management boots! CC’s are insecure and anyone who is more qualified is a threat to them! No wonder the performance at Arrowhead clinic is going down! It's a shame!
Pros
Working with the Clients
Cons
Heavy caseload, poor management, discrimination bullying
Stressful
This job underpays and over works it's employees. The is no room for advancement, unless someone steps down form a CC position. This company is non supportive.
Fast paced, great experience with SMI population
Overall a good organization. There needs to be more training (shadowing, more thorough training with the paperwork and resources). Good place to start.
Pros
nice coworkers, working with the clients
Cons
very stressful at times
West Valley clinic sucks!!!
There is a very large caseload and no support from upper management. Clinical director was incompetent to say the lease and very passive aggressive. My clinical director was good and that made it somewhat bearable to work there.

They play favorites and the gossip was way too much gor people that are supposed to be adults upper management included.

No room for advancement unless you brown nose. Clients always in crisis and they don't get support either. I felt sorry for them.

This company has no idea what they are doing and it shows in the culture at each clinic they operate. So if you want to work in the case management graveyard where case managers go to die or when you just don't have what it takes then this place is for you.

If you want to do more with your life then avoid this place and company like the plague. Now i understand why all of my family and previous co workers laughed when i told them i worked for this company.

Apply at your own risk.
Good hours
Cant beat a M-F 8-5 schedule. No company car so you have to drive your own, which is a lot. Company does mileage reimbursement, but doesnt help the wear and tear on your car. Caseloads are a lot to handle at times. It is a relaxed place to work, schedule your own days and depending on your mananger, not a lot of micromanaging. Paid holidays off. Rewarding to see clients that are struggling with their recovery to see them do well and live independently on their own.
Pros
Long lunches, weekends off
Cons
No raises, high productivity levels
Very demanding and stressful
The job is very stressful and demanding. Not enough time to take care of the people they serve, and at times you can spend almost the entire day with one client. If you do not get your documentation completed on time, you get a write up.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Too much work, not enough time
Enjoyed learning
I enjoyed learning about the case management process. In all honesty you really have to watch your self in sharing your personal life, management was a bit judgmental and some very cut throat.
Pros
Hours
Cons
driving
Stressful and Needs New Management
Time management is key to work in this environment. Management needs to be staffed soon. Too much cases per case manager and they are not being paid enough to work.
Poor Work Environment
Employees were overworked and very under-payed. Department morale was extremely low and there were high levels of stress on a day to day basis. This company would not be a good work environment for anyone who does not handle stress well.
Stressfull with poor management
Everyone is over worked due to their case loads and people were leaving left and right. Management does not know how to keep any of their employees and raises were a myth. They play around with the numbers so your case load will continue to grow and the company would not hire another case manager. No organization on who is taking vacation and who is still working.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Case Management
The pay doesn't rival amount of pressure and work. Aside from Case Management week, which consists of a bag of candy and wearing silly outfits, there is very little appreciation. However, management, most managers in the clinic, I mean, are wonderful and supportive. I've never been turned away. They are understanding because many are/were recent CM. They continue to add responsibility to your job but refuse to add money to your check.
Management in the clinics is not the problem. I learned that people who haven't worked in case management for over an extended period of time, should not compare their decades-old experience to the demands of today.

Every excuse is made to justify lack of pay increase, but the moment you don't perform satisfactorily, you'll know immediately. There will always be gossip in the workplace, but when you have the support of your management team, you're ok. And you will have that!
Terrible, abusive, management
PIR West Valley was a terrible place to work. I enjoyed working with my clients and helping them become self-sufficient, but it was a negative environment. My CC was incompetent, encouraged bullying, and played favorites with her staff. The clinical director lacks management experience.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Incompetent management. Bullying, lies, intimidation.
SMI Case Management
I enjoy assisting people and trying to help get people to be independent and self sufficient. Unfortunately, continuity of care is difficult due to the very high turnover of Case Managers and other staff. It is a constant struggle to try and provide actual care to the members while completing all the required paperwork without necessary technology.
great experience
Leaving this agency is something I now regret, at first the lack of training available concerned me however the individuals I worked with were incredibly helpful and open to any questions I had. The upper management at times could be very micro managing but it was mostly to ensure proficiency. I truly enjoyed my time with this Agency.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners in Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9