Partnership for Community Action Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, friendly-loving atmosphere, Spiritual
Intake Specialist (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 15, 2018
I loved working here. There was prayer evey morning and the staff was professional, friendly and compassionate. There was room for advancements and your hard work never goes unnoticed.
Lacked upper management and Board Respect
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2017
Just Bad culture all the way around. Colleagues worked well together however, upper management and Board lacked good management skills and tried to create dissention among those of us whole worked well together. Board failed to follow policies and favored wrong staff.
One of my worse work experience
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 7, 2017
I have more than 25 experience working with several companies in 3 countries. I have never seen this amount mismanagement. I believe the only reason that they could survive is because of the government budget which they have.
A fun place to work
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 7, 2017
Partnership for Community Action is a very good company to work for the services that they provide for families is very good they treat their staff well they provide a lot of trainings that are needed to advance your career
A true representation of "We are the world"
Mental Health & Disabilities Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAApril 24, 2017
A typical at day for me in this position involves visiting any one of the 15 locations we run and providing teachers with support in working with a child with special needs or a child displaying challenging behaviors. From there, i may be at my desk running reports and making sure that children whose documents are about to expire are identified so that i can reach out to the appropriate person to get the updated documentation.
This company is the most diverse organization i av ever had the pleasure of working with because we serve families from almost every region of the world.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to work in my passion and i am afforded the autonomy and freedom to do that job within the parameters of the federal mandates and standards.
Pros
never stuck behind a desk
Cons
Compensation is much lower than that of other agencies for similar positions
PCA as a program is transitioning and going through escalated evaluation and monitoring from its grantors.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAFebruary 10, 2017
A typical work day at PCA isn't really typical. With the turnover of management and front line staff, it is hard to maintain continuity of services and fidelity. I have learned that the work environment can become very political and promotion, hiring and firing is based on "who you know". Many management staff members were not qualified at their time of hire as they were given opportunities they weren't prepared for. The company has suffered as well as morale of the employees. The hardest part of the job is contending with policy that changes almost daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing services to the children and parents.
Pros
Free lunches, relationships with parents and students.
Cons
Poor management, no flex/overtime, poor pay.

Comment – July 14, 2017

I agree with this review. PCA as an organization is going through a drastic transition. The leadership is questionable, and worker morale can only be described as depressed.

Constantly Changing
Lead Case Worker/Assistant to Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 20, 2016
Here at PCA, Inc. we serve as Family Advocates for the Dekalb, Gwinnett and Rockdale County Residents. On a daily basis we fight for the families to help them move towards self-sufficiency with a years time. An appointment is scheduled for the client to come into the office to complete our intake packet. I then with the Client's guidance, prepare an action that will give them steps to moving towards self-sufficiency.

My responsibility then is to reach out to other agencies and partner to help this family in many different areas such as education, employment, food 7 nutrition, transportation and any other barriers that are hindering them.
Pros
Seeing families move from being vulnerable to safe and possibly thriving..
Cons
When a family is not eligible for the program, but truly needs the assistance...
Great experience in head start program
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAAugust 4, 2016
This company has been great and giving me lots of experience. I would not have changed this experience for nothing in the world. I am furthering my education in order that I can move on to a different area in this field. Being in the classroom has been my passion and I really like working in the classroom. Now would like to manage or do consulting.
Pros
great with the kids
Cons
many changes
Helped the community
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 28, 2016
Loved working for a company that really helped the community. Its always great to see how much help one person can do.. It takes a village and this company really was a partnership
Pros
Staff
Intake & Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 18, 2016
I enjoy this job. I have no problem with this job.
Great way to help people. Meet some nice people. Good working hours. Love going to work. Outstanding.
A professional and respectful place to work.
Intake Assessor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 3, 2016
A work environment where you actually felt you made a difference.
Its a place where you can actually make a person, or a family leave with a smile, knowing things will get better.
Pros
Professional and respectful
fun environment
Assistant Teacher Floater (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 3, 2016
easy going,no hassles. i enjoy coming to work everyday. Not too many agencies you can say that about. The administrative satff is also very helpful and my co workers are awesome. The best part is, the job isn't stressful at all. when I leave everyday Im aable to leave with a peace of mind.
Fun Workplace
Family Engagement Advocate (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 21, 2015
I enjoy working with the families and their children however the job is 90% clerical and I do not get to work with my families as much as I would like due to the paperwork. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians at this company. The job of the advocate is really four jobs in one and to me this hinders my ability to be able to provide the service I am there to provide for my families.
Pros
vacation and sick time accrual
Cons
pay is way too low
active, informative, employee friendly
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 28, 2015
This organization affords employees opportunites to understand the impact of the intake process. No one person knows everything and employees rely on seasoned workers, management and avalaible resuorces to arive at a correct and thoughtful response to any inquires.

At the end of the day it is a good feeling to know that you make a tangable differences in the lives of applicants in need of help.
Cons
seasonal position
Dekalb EOA
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 4, 2015
Great company to work for. Worked with children 6 weeks to 5 years old. I was dedicated to the creation and nurturing of a lifelong passion for childcare that will enhance children’s Well-being and directly impact their academic growth and success.
Productive and fun.
Customer Service/Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Assisting with applications for heating bills. Learned to communicate effectively and problems solve with the clients. My co-workers are great and supportive to work with. The hardest part is the lay off and not seeing the clients til the next season year. The most enjoyable part is getting to know and helping the clients as well as listening to their stories.
Pros
travel
Cons
layoffs
Productive, rewarding and self-satisfying place to work if serving others is a passion of yours.
Acting Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 4, 2014
Partnership for Community Action, Inc (PCA) s a Non-For Profit Organization is a productive and okay place to work where ensuring that our client needs are met is of utmost importance. With the intent to lead low-income families to become self-sufficient. PCA will go above and beyond to assist in every way possible when needed. Working at PCA can be good for someone who has the opportunity to advance in his or her career.
Pros
Birthday is time off, and is celebrated occasionally per department, benefits are great which include two 15 minutes breaks separate from ones lunch break.
Cons
Accumulated vacation time is lost if not used.
Average
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  clarkston, gaFebruary 18, 2014
Partnership for community action was very ghetto. The teachers has red, purple, blue hair.
Cultural Diversity and Families are exciting and interesting,especially the children!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, GANovember 5, 2013
This non-profit organization is a great place for adults/staff to work with children and their families!
Pros
Caters to the needs of the community as a whole.
Cons
Limited transportation for children and families to and from the center
Seasonal Worker
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 3, 2013
As a seasonal worker you go where they tell you. The days are somewhat long and tedious. Lots of paperwork and calming clients. Trying to complete reports for management as fast as possible.
Pros
crew, easy transportation
Cons
healthcare, long hours little pay