Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

41.2K
Found 3,730 reviews matching the search See all 3,954 reviews
Seasonal Work
SEASIONAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 15, 2018
The management is the least hands on I've ever experienced. The store is usually in disaray and the customers are lacking in empathy and apathy. They have little to no regard for safety and workers generally do whatever they want and tend to wonder on company time.
Pros
discounts
Cons
untrained coworkers, unorganized employee area, lack of regard for safety
Hel* on earth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 15, 2018
For a starting job, this is the place to start. Maybe get about a years worth of experience and then get out. There is no room for advancement, corporate keeps cutting back our hours so us part time associates get horrible hours. We hardly see our hours reach 20 for the week. It’s impossible to make a living working for this company unless you are in management. Also, our management sucks. We have had many customer complaints about our head management as well as us associates making complaints but nothing is done. The work environment is very hostile and it’s not even a place any of us can enjoy. Lead manager talks bad about the employees to other employees. It’s just a huge hot mess at this store. Corporate wants us to contact them if we have any issues or concerns but never hear back from them. Party City doesn’t care about their customers or their employees.
Cons
Low hours, bad management, no opportunity for advancement, not a good source of income
Its a season job
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92128July 13, 2018
The main job you have is making sure everything is in stock for Halloween. Most people are fine to work with and some not so much. Management was a bit hard but looking back it was probably because of the some of the people they hired
It was a fun place to work at.
Payroll Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 13, 2018
I was an assistant to the Payroll person and help other employees.
Check to see if any new hire were on the computer print out new employees paper and had them ready for the Payroll person.
Did invoice to make sure the matched.
Pros
was able to learn about new thing everyday
Cons
not a thing.
Good
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 12, 2018
I like working at Party City, it was a good opportunity and if I could gonback I would. I enjoyed my time there my coworkers were very helpful in training and overall my experience was super.
Constantly busy and getting something doen
Stocker/Placer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
I found myself constantly working and doing something throughout my shift. If all my work was done I would then move on to help out other workers. Customers can be a bit hard to work with but that is any retail job. Recent management was not the best but the assistant managers I had no problem with. The hardest part about the job is during the Halloween season in which you are constantly on the move and helping customers. Personally I loved that part of the job as I was kept active which made me a bit more healthier and time can fly by when I was that busy.
This company is an amazing establishment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 12, 2018
My time at this company was full of smile and laughter. The customers and co workers were always so friendly and caring, coming into work everyday was a delight.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work was high paced and full of energy, I learned many things from the managers and they guided me in the tasks I was currently doing, most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and being able to assist them.
Pros
30 minute breaks, and 30% discount
Cons
small break room.
Good starter job
Stock help (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 11, 2018
I was in high school and it was a good job to get your feet wet and learn how to work with customers and employees. I only worked seasonal for Halloween.
Workplace is sometimes slow not busy on weekdays,Not enough hours, Hours vary seasonally
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXJuly 11, 2018
My review for why I quit my job at party City is because I got low hours and you only got 3 request days off for 4 months total. Most of my managers were nice one was very strict.
Pros
30 minute breaks, 30 percent off party supplies doesn’t include Candy, Drinks or Ballons
Cons
Only 4 times you can request off in a total of 4 months, Halloween is stressful after closing times because you, don’t get to leave for 1 or 2 hours after closing
Ok if your a student
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Not enough hours can be very slow somedays. The prices for some items are way too high that caused customers to take it out on the employers. A lot of balloon orders
Pros
Discount
Cons
No hours
okay job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJuly 10, 2018
good first job or early life job just out of high school. not a huge career path. Fun work environment. training is lack luster at best. management takes breaks together so non management has nobody to rely on.
Pros
Fun
Cons
short breaks
Very Fun
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2018
Good job to start off with. Long days with fulfillment from customers, i learned basic merchandising skills, co workers and managers were nice, very fast and ongoing work life, hardest par was looking for the merchandise skew numbers, and the fun part was engaging with customers.
It's just a summer job
Shipment Stocker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 9, 2018
Employees were fun to work with but the atmosphere is a little depressing. Also they play the same songs on repeat and it can drive someone to the brink of insanity if your not careful.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2018
Everyone there is nice to each other.
We all worked well with each other.
There was not a lot of complaints and we always have people coming back for more.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
short breaks
productive, fun, and enjoyable.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJuly 6, 2018
A typical work day was either busy and fast-paced or calm and collected depending on the season. While on the job I learned a great deal of communication skills and teamwork among coworkers, everyone complied and got along well. Management was well formed and met all expectations. Workplace culture was greatly respected and handled delicately with caution. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the poor behaviors of unsatisfied costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job of the job was helping costumers with their requests and questions, by helping those who need it made my time there pleasant.
Pros
breaks in the back or of store grounds.
Cons
short breaks
my job at party city
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2018
Party city was a good job. I would highly recommend this job to friends who are either having trouble or in need a job to make money. The workplace is small and its easy to remember where all the items was.
It was meh
Store Sales Associate (PT) (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 6, 2018
They promised me that they would be able to give e a job at the end of Halloween, but they decided to give one of the lower newer employees the job, it was ok
this was definitely a fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 5, 2018
Party city is a great place to work at they have fun and its so easy to learn the system and it fun to deal with the customers when especially halloween comes around
Fun productive workplace
Cashier/ Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Work place was fun. Loved the atmosphere and how everyone collaborated collectively to get each task done to keep the stride running properly. Loved helping customers select things for events all around nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight