Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 4,016 reviews matching the search See all 4,262 reviews
Friendly work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 13, 2018
I worked full time Monday through Friday and the management treat me really nice since I just turned 18 I noticed they did not give me a lot of responsibility and I was curious to learn more, due to that I wanted to leave.
Seasonal work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work with great people, but it was for the Halloween season only. They did offer to bring me back the following year , but I had a conflict.
Easygoing workplace but busy schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTNovember 13, 2018
Most of the work I did for Party City was during the Halloween seasonal rush. There are usually plenty of hours to go around during that time, and it's a fairly low pressure work environment though there is a lot of work to be done.
It was a slow pace work environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
It is a job the I would not recommend to anyone unless you like low paying jobs with very few hours. The reason why I would not recommend it is because you are asked to do so much for very little pay
never would work here again
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670November 13, 2018
I worked at party city during halloween season. well, it was great that it was my first job but i would never work here again. company card drained all my money. first day i used it to get books, next day my money was gone. i was left with 6 cents in my card out of $487
Pros
great hours
Cons
company card took my money
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILNovember 13, 2018
I’ve been working there for about 1 month and I can say that it’s a good part time job if you’re looking to make some money while you’re in school. The management is really good and always to give you the best schedules
Very fun to work as a seasonal part time job since it's Halloween
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee) –  3149 John Fitzgerald Kennedy BlvdNovember 12, 2018
The place is not that bad to work if it's your first job. Totally fun work place and the coworkers made the place were very helpful and everyone helped each other no matter what.
Pros
discounts, relaxed work place, friendly coworkers
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 12, 2018
Party City Corporation is a fun place to work I myself enjoyed it very much. Love blowing up balloons making them look cute for people. Working Halloween there was also great
Pros
Fun
Cons
Mean manager
It’s was great
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2018
Greeting all incoming customers with a warm hello
• Listening to the customers personal concerns /and providing the best Products for their concerns.
• Stocking the store/changing store around
• Providing a welcoming and positive atmosphere for customers and all associates
Pros
Money
Cons
Angry customers
The enjoyment of the thrill to help family's find the perfect gift, party items. Also costumes.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 10, 2018
my work days working with this company would be like 5pm to 1am sometimes even 3am. The great thing that i have learned from being with this company is how to provide excellent customer service while Restocking and add on's. The management in this company was actually very well, they know how to train there employee's, also very understanding in many situations. Party City is a very cultural workplace that allows you to express yourself freely while doing your job and enjoy it. To be honest the hardest thing i had to do for this company would only be looking for specific items in the store and carrying the stocks of items from the warehouse up and down 35 flights of stairs.
Pros
Discount on any purchase's.
Cons
Short breaks.
Upper Management has no clue
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 10, 2018
Party City Corp wants to be a customer oriented company without paying the bill for it. They slash payroll until a store suffers and then when they realize their mistake they dump payroll on your store that you can't use or reallocate. They give a boatload of merchandising tasks with unreal completion times. They can't control the amount of freight dumped on stores by their auto replenishment system. Stores can't keep up with stocking out freight and as a result can't keep up with the daily inventory program. The Regional Managers don't want to see people "tasking" so they expect GMs and key carriers to consistently work overnight without paying overnight rates. They implemented a survey program but instead of pressuring for quality, they pressured for quantity, not realizing the surveys are entirely too long for a store that sells cheap, disposable party products. Their HR department wants to implement a friendly team atmosphere, but the second you need them to fix benefits for an employee whose file they screwed up? They spend weeks pretending they don't know how to do their jobs. They also have no interest in your input and do not have ANY interest in how District Managers document stores in their area (here's a secret they dont document anything at all).

Also they consistently hire people from the outside at rates higher than those they currently employ and don't care.

Party City is trying to do a lot but they are doing it in the dark with no interest in borrowing a flashlight from the people who run their stores.
Pros
Some flexibility in schedule, benefits
Cons
Expectation to work overnights, ipods are bad scanning tools guys, no time to take vacation, no feedback, poor HR response times, payroll, poor store support, district and regional managers are in lala land
I enjoyed it
sales associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 9, 2018
I was with Party City for 5 years. I worked both at the St. Louis Park location as well as the Bloomington location. Both were great and management was good. It was a fun time especially at Halloween time, but only if you like the fast paced non stop work day.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 9, 2018
The days were short and fast. Cashier sometimes got a little hectic. The managers were nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part the the job were the workers everyone was nice and just good people.
Pros
Good size lunch break
Cons
Not many hours a week
Fun place to work, but stressful during Halloween season.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KS 66202November 8, 2018
A typical day at Party City was relaxing during the weekdays, but on the weekends everything would usually go out of control. Thankfully, I had a great team! It was a fast paced job, but I also learned to maintain organized most of the time. The hardest part of the job was having to put back misplaced items into their original place every five minutes. Don't even get me started on October nights... Overall, working at Party City was fun and a great job with great and loving staff!
Seasonal work
Clerck/Chashier (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRNovember 8, 2018
It was really rushed all the time, specially with halloween coming up. The lines were long and the registers were old and slow. A supervises was needed all the time at registers to approved certain items so they could ring up. Managers were rude at times.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
a lot of pressure
party city is a good place to work reason
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 8, 2018
Reason why party city was a good place for me to work at was because they had early shifts that started from 4 am and that was a good thing for me so I can have another Job at night.
Pros
the hours they give
Cons
short breaks rushed if needed
work there
Stocker, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 8, 2018
working there was hard. management wasn't the best. they also said I was not seasonal but then let me go because they said I was. Great customers though.
Pros
customer
Cons
management
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 8, 2018
So very many reasons why you don't want to work here. If you like ridiculously long hours, poor inconsistent direction 85 page weekly corporate planners with 100% expected execution with litte staff and no OT, constant cycling the same merch out then packing it away then bringing it back out next year in addition to being basically on call since there are only two managers, constant turnover, blowing up exactly 1 million balloons a month and a store full of absolutely the cheapest imported garbage that only Oriental Trading Company buyers would be proud of, then this is the job for you. I'm here to tell you how soul-sucking this job was after I was promised a good staff and work/life balance and ended up working the "Be Schedule" with unrealistic expectations. So, dismiss me as a disgruntled employee at your own peril. Trust me, look elsewhere.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Read my review
Good Place to start
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJNovember 7, 2018
This is a good company to start in as entry lvl. However, there is a HUGE lack of communication among upper management. The Human Resources department might as well not even exist. They are glorified party planner, they throw great company events and that is it.
Fast paced, customer oriented environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Novato, CANovember 6, 2018
It provides training to its employees, has daily meetings with associates to set goals, weekly meetings with supervisors to plan and set workload. Also provides health benefits and 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.

Powered by Comparably