Party City Corporation
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA56 reviews
working during Halloween at party city was chaos but it was also fun for me seeing the kids excited to dress and find their perfect costume, Even tho e always stayed 2-3 hours after we closed.
Working at party city wasn’t really a good thing. Sometimes I would hate to be at work because of the managers. They would treat everyone differently depending on how they feel.
I enjoyed working with friendly people but the hours weren’t flexible. It was hard to call off, even when I was sick. The store was kinda unorganized and messy at times. I’m a student and I worked from 5-10 and sometimes, for the most part I’d get let out round 11:30
the manager has an attitude with everyone all the time for no reason at all. their interview process is just sitting in a back room while the manager looks at you with a stank face and gives everyone attitude. the employees are lazy and very drama orientated.
I believed that when i was working there i was learning from people who loved their job at most liked it. I guess the managers didnt want people to get a longer lunch break which was at most 10 mins. i was mainly on-call.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Once in the store, you would check in and grab a headset. Then the employee would go to the manager and ask if they would work on the floor or on the cash register. The day would proceed with cleaning a designated area and helping costumers that come. At some points, people who work at the front would help out the balloon stand. At the end of the day there is cleaning/sweeping the store.
I would usually only work on the weekends. And because it was October I would help customers pick out a costume for the Halloween season and I would help watch the fitting rooms.
Party City is a friendly environment to work in. There is plenty of training that you can choose from. I would recommend working at Party City........
I was hired there for the Halloween season, I was a cashier and it was very very easy to do, they would occasionally get busy like waves every 3-4 hours but overall not busy unless weekend for halloween or like special holidays. The management are so fun and I loved them a lot, they are very flexible with schedule but you do have to make sure someone can cover you or have to call in before a certain number of hours if you are taking off for any reason and easy with training the new people. The people who have worked there longer are use to people coming in and out for the holidays but they are all so nice! Very diverse place we have 30% discounts. Would recommend this as a side job but not good for a living seeing as I got paid $8 an hour with less than 20 hours a week maybe bout 12-18 a week. But hey you're barely doing any work so I think %8 is fair for what they have you do. Maybe they pay higher if you actually work there unseasonal. You clean aisles and organize them but very easy since everything is organized by a theme or color. I only give it a 4 star because the company that they use to pay you with have access to your money and YOU WILL see that your money is being used and taken from somewhere but it wont tell you what it is for, got multiple texts after not working there for a month about " card declined for payment of ____ amount of money "
Pros
discounts, flexible schedule, fun
Cons
low pay
You learn new things through the day.
Management is regular.

Hardest part of the job is closing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning the store.
Pros
break, discounts
Cons
no cons
When I was working there I was over worked and under paid. the workers were stealing money out of the cash register. some of the workers did drugs in the inventory room. I worked shifts with out break and they would take money out of my pay for breaks that I never took. they would also cheat me out of my hours and not give me full pay.
Pros
Cons
listed in my review
overall it is a really good first job to have. everyone is really nice to be around and the management is amazing. it is that cut throat. everyone their know when it is time to work and when you can crack a joke or two it is a really fun place to be.
I mean, it’s party city. Nothing great, but nothing terrible. Pay isn’t great but the jobs are easy, managers were nice and pretty funny when I worked there. Overall I’d say try to find something better, but it’s not the worst place to work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Boring
It was fun during the holidays as we got to dress up and really decorate the place. However, the management had many flaws. the owner was harsh and extremely demanding to the point that everyone was afraid when he came in. the management team was a mess with some good and determined managers and mostly lazy and lack luster work ethics. overall id say its only good for a short term job or a summer job for young adults in college.
Pros
Can be fun in holiday seasons
Cons
Management sucks
The workplace culture is fun and friendly as I remember being able to dress up in my favorite costumes: Darth Vader, Jack Sparrow, and Dead pool. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up during the the closing shift. Although the most enjoyable part of the job is having the party atmosphere and vibe all around you as you work.
You'll feel at home and you wont ever feel like you're alone, basically another family. The customers aren't so bad but that's because their service is great
need to be on your feet most of your day, a lot of hours are given if wanted. all day must communicate with customers and employees. management is always there to assist.
Working at Party City was a seasonal job that I enjoyed for the time being.
I worked during the Halloween season. It was typically very busy, especially during the afternoons.

While working there I learned how to work as cash register, blow up balloons and how to ring up costumes.

Almost all the employees and friendly, and ready to help you if you need it.

The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with unruly customers.

The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy parents and children were when they learned the costume they were looking for was in stock.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
You rarely get breaks
I worked at Party City as a cashier back in 2012/2014 when I was in high school. It was an awful first job experience for me. The environment was extremely childish and management much worse. I hope they have improved in their management.
Worked during their Halloween seasonal position. Was a fun place to work, enjoyed helping kids and adults choose their Halloween costumes and finding accessories for them. Management was fair with hours especially when my classes ran long.
An easy place to work for anyone with a pair of hands. I simply work there so that I can make some money before getting a chance to begin my career, the work culture is great and everyone is friendly and I enjoyed the most busy, hectic work periods during the holidays.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K
1.9K
1.6K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.