Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working there the time went by really fast I met a lot of new people there and helped people with their costume when Halloween was here and help them with their party supplies
Party city
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 25, 2018
Great management. They just can't provide enough hours for someone to feed their family. I would say it's a great part time job, but it's not because of the minimum wage
Fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 24, 2018
I learned a little bit of teamwork only cause I was their seasonal for halloween, so we had to work as a team to get stuff down and in order. Management was whatever..
Pros
employees
Cons
short breaks
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, WAMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the Halloween season. its was a easy pace and slow at times. The store has rush hours but they were nothing. I welcomed costumers in to the store.
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 24, 2018
I loved working at party city. but It got harder for me to get back and forth to work. Wish I could have stayed. Everyone at the Party City that I worked at was great. We all got along great.
Fun workplace
Head Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 24, 2018
Great work place for a first job . Wonderful employees and management. Always flexible hours which was great for me because I have children . Non stressful job
Serious workload
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
I have worked at party city going on 12 years now, I have been there though all the changes, the up and the down. I at one point in my career truly did enjoy my job and the environment. I feel right now party city is expecting to much of us management and not providing us with the tools necessary to get the job done.
Pros
discounts, 401k, health insurance
Cons
To many tasks and not enough payroll
Stressful, fast paced, but productive and a learning experience.
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work was always busy with either managing the front area of the store with customers, or helping set up merchandise.

I learned how to manage, work well with a team and properly interact with customers as well as my peers. And also what it takes to sell product as well as making sure the store looks up to date.
Pros
Good pay, valuable experience.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management.
fast paced and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  38 W 14th St, New York, NY 10011May 22, 2018
Helps employees gain visibility through [task]
Encourages employees to solve their own problems
Delegates to match personal strengths
Delegates with clearly defined responsibility and authority
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2018
It’s a fun and busy place to work. Very organized and planned holiday merchandising and marketing techniques. Halloween Season is a blast! Balloon orders are a daily and fun way to interact with customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Schedule late hours
Fun, Fast paced
FRONT END COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHMay 22, 2018
Besides inconsistent hour, and the fact that you don't know your schedule until just before the work weeks starts its a pretty decent place to work. Management is very accommodating when it comes to giving you days off. Which is nice because it's hard to plan around a schedule you don't know. Most of the problems come from the corporate side of things.
Pros
Flexible days off
Cons
Scheduling problems
Not the Best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 22, 2018
Party City started off as a great place, but quickly went down hill. They start off with giving you ample hours to run the building, but quickly remove them to cover budgets. When you only give your stores hours to have 4 people on at any given time it makes it difficult to get things done. When companies just have the 'get it done' mentality, it makes it hard to think that they have they're employees best interest in mind above there own.
A Comfortable Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2018
The typical day at work would require for me to either be a cashier or an associate on the sales floor. If I was working on the sales floor, I would likely be stocking shelves or cleaning up the store. I learned skills that are necessary to have when working in retail stores. Management has always been very welcoming and willing to teach. They make the workplace a comfortable work environment. The workplace culture also makes the store a comfortable place to be. The hardest part of the job comes when it's a busy time of season and there are a lot of people requiring most or all of our attention, it makes it difficult to give the customers as much attention as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my coworkers and solving problems with one another.
Pros
Management, variety of responsibilities
Cons
Dress code
Fun atmosphere
Front End Supervisor/Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 21, 2018
fun and energetic coworkers
loved the changing seasons (Halloween, Graduation, Easter, Christmas)
enjoyed creating balloon bouquets for parties
good hours
Do not train new employees, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 21, 2018
Only paying minimum wage, sometimes will only give you 4 hours a week, did not train anybody who was kept on after Halloween season until about 3 months later. And they continually talked down on and berated new workers who did not know what they were doing considering it was their first job. Let customers threaten and harass workers. District managers are disconnected from real people and real world.
Pros
Fun working with balloons
Cons
No hours, rude and sometimes inappropriate management, treats new employees like dirt
awesome
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 21, 2018
everyone there is superchill and really nice i enjoyed working there during halloween. it was very fun i espicially liked how we dressed up sometimes.
Great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
Being a very happy person to work there and assist customers in finding specifically what they need. A lot of customer service through out the day, I personally worked there when i was 16 an it is a great job for your first job!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
I worked there for two weeks.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 21, 2018
I didn't understand the costume stocking system, and after my seasonal job for Halloween I can imagine why they hire so many people for it. Warning: It was crazy. Probably would not work there again simply because the costumes.
Nice place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Party City. My manager always told me when I was doing good work and I really appreciated that. If you’re a competent human being with a work ethic, you should fit in just fine at PC. It’s a lot of busy work, but for a part time job, it was easy and good work.
Pros
Easy to request time off
Cons
Short breaks
productive workplace
seasonal part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 20, 2018
Party City is a productive workplace, depending on the day/event, it can be slow pacing or busy. What I've leaned working in a retail store is to keep moving and don't stop, you have to be motivated and be able to manage being under stress and dealing with it, customers come first. Hardest part of the job is trying to please all the customers at once. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting through the day with no customers upset

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

50out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.