Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

good job bad manger
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2018
regular retail job helping customers being friendly to people and helping team mate. A good job respectable place to work for but in my store my boss was made working there diffcult
Pros
balloons work enironment
Cons
low pay cant make a living job for teenagers
Very fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 10, 2018
I had a lot of fun working there they were very kind it was a fast paced job and I loved working with the customers finding the decor they wanted and helping the kids pick the right costume for Halloween I love working with the costumers because I can connect very quickly with them I am very friendly and outgoing
Pros
Long lunches and very good pay
Cons
The time frame I was working the hours were very long and back to back but I still loved it
Should not work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMay 10, 2018
This company is taking a turn of the worse. There is no room to grow, they don't pay enough for the job they want done. Most people in corporate are coming from Toys R Us and you can feel the change within the company, you know it's bad when other managers tell you get out as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
Too many to say
productive with flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 10, 2018
A typical day consisted of restocking shelves, filling party orders, cashier and customer service.
I learned a great deal about good quality customer service.
My management was great for the time I was working there, they were very understanding as I was taking classes as well as working.
My team members were great company and helped to keep the place in working order.
Halloween had to be the toughest time of my job working there. there are a lot of people who want last minute costumes for Halloween, they taught me to be more organised.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help customers find what they want to celebrate with friends and family.
Pros
customer service
Cons
late customers
Party City
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 8, 2018
Productive place to work, management is okay but have personal issues.
Need uniforms for workers.
People are ok to work with, however supervision can be very bias in certain situations.
You learn a lot about criminal behavior if criminal justice is a career you are seeking.
The hardiest part of the job is some days you are over work due to staff not being available.
It was a good first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 8, 2018
When i worked at party city it was my first job, I put back returns, helped customers around the store, found halloween costumes and processed items on the floor.
Job Review
Servicio al Cliente (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMay 8, 2018
Overall it is a good place to work. The only problem is poor hours and you get paid the minimum with very little benefits. No vacation hours or sick days.
Fun place to work
Cashier & Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 8, 2018
Was very fun and a interesting job I enjoyed working with people I also enjoyed working at the cashier party city also help me make sure things are very neat
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
This was my very first job and it taught me so many things! I learned how to provide excellent customer service, how to work a cash register, and other basic work requirements. It was fun helping people make decoration plans for different occasions.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not many advance options
I enjoyed working at Party City
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 7, 2018
I worked there during Halloween and had fun in the fast-paced environment. My coworkers were nice, I had a lovely time working there. I really enjoyed working as a cashier, and I was a bit sad when I had to quit due to school.
Productive and quick paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 7, 2018
Good job to have if your are balancing school and home life. Work environment is great but hours are very limited and that stops anyone from making a living. Also the associates are limited to what they can do on the registers and that keeps the line from moving and inconvenient for everyone. Especially when the cashiers get the backlash of it.
Pros
Discount, relaxed
Cons
Barely any hours, limited cashier codes
relaxed work envirmoent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 7, 2018
Overall, it was a good job!! Very relaxed most of the time, but can get pretty busy. Especially at Halloween time! Great first job. And doing balloons is fun
Great atmosphere for an entry level job.
retail associate (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 6, 2018
I learned so much about the working environment from this opportunity. It also helped that three out of the four managers and most of the other employees were amazing to work with.
could be worse
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 6, 2018
It's a good job for young adults and high schoolers. There is a lot of heavy lifting involved when stocking but otherwise the job is pretty easy aside from holidays.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
No work life balance, No raises, no benefits, no advancement.
They just want you to work all day.
Short lunch breaks, sometimes none. No 15 minute breaks allowed.
Don't even think about calling out sick,
Cons
short break, no 15 minute break, no benefits, no work/life balance. They want your body and soul
warehouse work
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 5, 2018
as a warehouse associate there isn't much to the day outside of walking around a fulfilling orders. work is easy but rather exhausting from all the walking and standing with little break time.
Pros
relatively relaxed managers
Cons
no good advancement
good working people with friendly person
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 5, 2018
i did enjoy working at Party city, i met alot of good people the environment was great and alot of the staff member were hard working and I learned how to work at retail.
gectic during holloween season
Cashier / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NY 14622May 4, 2018
it's a good job to work at if your starting out. its really calm at the beginning but once October rolls around it is very cut throat and intense at times.
Pros
management gives you great instructions how to do ya job properly
Cons
leaving people alone durning Halloween floor
It was overall fun and easy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 4, 2018
I would politely greet incoming customers. Perform customer services and merchandising duties on the sales floor. It became very busy towards Halloween, since it was a seasonal job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Hallowen season
Floor Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 3, 2018
I did temporary work here at party city was a fun place to work although you were on your feet and very busy its a place you can stat busy in from working the registers, front floor helping customers or organizing the shelves is hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

50out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.