Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,652 reviews matching the search See all 3,873 reviews
Great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
Being a very happy person to work there and assist customers in finding specifically what they need. A lot of customer service through out the day, I personally worked there when i was 16 an it is a great job for your first job!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
I worked there for two weeks.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 21, 2018
I didn't understand the costume stocking system, and after my seasonal job for Halloween I can imagine why they hire so many people for it. Warning: It was crazy. Probably would not work there again simply because the costumes.
Nice place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Party City. My manager always told me when I was doing good work and I really appreciated that. If you’re a competent human being with a work ethic, you should fit in just fine at PC. It’s a lot of busy work, but for a part time job, it was easy and good work.
Pros
Easy to request time off
Cons
Short breaks
productive workplace
seasonal part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 20, 2018
Party City is a productive workplace, depending on the day/event, it can be slow pacing or busy. What I've leaned working in a retail store is to keep moving and don't stop, you have to be motivated and be able to manage being under stress and dealing with it, customers come first. Hardest part of the job is trying to please all the customers at once. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting through the day with no customers upset
Not a great place
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 20, 2018
You work far too much for the money you make, the management is a joke and the customers are always flustered and difficult. The hours during Graduation season are sometimes 5 AM-3pm it's ridiculous.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
No/short breaks, bad scheduling
A great place to work at
Part Time seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2018
Party city is a great place to work at for some who loves to help customers shop and create something amazing for their parties , friendly staff and always strive for the best
Demanding, sometimes threatening environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  USMay 18, 2018
You cannot do enough for this place to keep anyone happy. If your running a register you better ask every customer for an email. They don't want to give it to you? That's ok, we will threaten your job because of that. Someone in corporate thinks it's a great idea to cut hours for store staffing but pile on work like extra planogram resets, along with having daily tasks to do that simply cannot be done since there is no staff to run the register...but hey who cares? The managers can run registers, do balloons, set plan o grams, recover the store, help customers with all their needs, attend the ridiculous phone conferences that tell us how well the corporation is all the while they are cutting hours and worried sick about sales. Accidently go a half hour over your forecasted hours for the week? You won't hear the end of that for a month. Need any kind of leadership outside of Monday thru Friday 8-4? Forget it. Make a decision on your own because your DM is not to be bothered since it's Friday afternoon? Get yelled at Monday morning and called out in front of every store on an email. This could be a great place to.work, but some wrong people in wrong places who put the customer first and totally forget their employees are ruining this company and they don't even see it. Figure this out...put your employees first, you know the ones who make the wheels go around everyday, the rest will follow naturally. Listen to us instead of brushing us aside. Treat us as well as you want your customers treated and you'll be lot better off.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Work you to death, no appreciation
Good
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2018
It was a fun job everybody helped me find my way around the store n till I got it myself...good place good people if I can go back I will it was a Great experience At the job
Fun Environment
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 18, 2018
Well, I had this job as a teenager (and that is honestly who the job is best suited for) and I am really grateful that it was my first job. The management aid you with the skills necessary for the job (and with working in general) so that you may hit the ground running.
Terrible manager and hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 18, 2018
I came to party city as my first job But after 8 moths of working here I realized they dont care at all about a single employee. The managers make all the sales associates do everything while they sit in the back and corporate doesn’t let the store have enough employees or hours they’re constantly behind on projects cause they dont have the workforce or time to do what corporate wants I recommend never working here
Cons
1 30 minute break if you work 5 hours
fun and interesting, great environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2018
it was fun working during the halloween time watching all the kids pick costumes and helping people pick the best party decorations. We also got to dress up to set the mood and theme of halloween and it was really fun.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work and positive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYMay 17, 2018
Have to be polite to customers
Can be slow paced and fast paced depending on time of day
Fun job your not just behind the counter
Managers are super nice and respectful
Pros
Positive workplace
Cons
Don't know exactly when your working
It's not a bad place to work for a retail store. Management is pretty fair
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYMay 17, 2018
As a sales associate you mostly spend your time on the register. You have to greet every customer that comes in. Talk to customers. Help them choose balloons and blow them up if they want them or place balloon orders for later pick up. If your on the floor you might have to put away returns, organize the merchandise, clean up the store, pack out the new merchandise, help customers. After helping so many customers I could probably be a party planner because I have helped in many decisions for what decorations would be the best and gave people many ideas.
For the most part managers there are pretty good I will most likely get off any day I ask for. They are pretty friendly and easy to get along with.
Some days can be relaxing and aren't too busy. Usually on weekends things can get kind of crazy.
Pros
Hours are never bad
Not a good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJMay 17, 2018
Didn’t give a lot of hours breaks were too short, you had to work and talk to people while walking around and making sure everything was good bc they would only have 1 person on the floor
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad pay
Not Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 17, 2018
A classic high standard, zero resources to back their people type of company. The stores have no way to honestly communicate their issues to the corporate office.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No work, life, balance
there you can find everything you for your party
Purchasing Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 16, 2018
typical day at party city was very rush,always on the move, learned leadership, management, sales, culture was always updating. The hardest part was in halloween, many hours of work n no days off during the season. Enjoyable part was all the responsibilities i had.
Pros
a very profesional company, gives employee oportunity of stepping up
Cons
in halloween season many hours of work
Enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMay 16, 2018
Party City was my first job and probably my favorite. My supervisors were friendly but stern and made sure everyone pulled their weight. I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Fun but quick paced job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 16, 2018
Managers should set more rules when it comes to the costumers during Halloween time. Needs to some form of establishment to help everyone around there
It was an amazing job
Cashier /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Party City was a very productive place and I loved it. It had a great vibe. Halloween was the busiest time ever, but the most fun. You learn so many aspects of the company throughout your time there.
Pros
Gary was a great manager
Cons
The area was expensive to eat around.
Not a very exciting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAMay 16, 2018
The work is slow, get shifted once-twice a week unless it's Halloween, overall boring. Management isn't very well. Advantage: Allow for piercings and colored hair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Diversity score

50out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.

Powered by Comparably